Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Etc. Forums  Hop To Forums  Social Hour: Chit-chat 'bout this 'n that    Feinstein scolds kids who pushed her to back Green New Deal: 'I know what I'm doing'
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Feinstein scolds kids who pushed her to back Green New Deal: 'I know what I'm doing'
 Login/Register

AAA+
posted
quote:
Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein pulled rank Friday when a group of kids tried to school her on climate change.

After the group sought her support for the Green New Deal, the 85-year-old senior senator from California let them know she wasn't about to be bossed around by a bunch of youngsters.

"You know what’s interesting about this group?," Feinstein said, in an interaction that was captured on video. "I’ve been doing this for 30 years. I know what I’m doing.

“You come in here, and you say it has to be my way or the highway. I don’t respond to that,” Feinstein continued. “I’ve gotten elected, I just ran. I was elected by almost a million-vote plurality. And I know what I’m doing. So you know, maybe people should listen a little bit.”

Snip

In response to their request, Feinstein informs them that “We have our own Green New Deal.” And then came the point where Feinstein drew the line.

The sides then devolve into a back-and-forth until someone reminds Feinstein that they are “the people who voted” for her and part of her job is to hear their concerns.

“How old are you?” Feinstein asks.

“I’m sixteen. I can’t vote,” the girl replies.

“Well, you didn’t vote for me,” the lawmaker retorts.

Link

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
Yawn   :yawn:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49551 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
Too old, too clueless, too conservative for California,and her senior moments are getting more frequent. I voted against her in the last two elections, in 2012 for an R, which speaks volumes.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 13146 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
She does sound senile Pedro. I had no idea! Eighty-five is too old to hold public office. Go ahead call it ageism but I'm sorry .... I've been around a lot of very old people...I've tested them. They can be delightful, wise and care for themselves but there are deficits.

Some of you may die......but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make...

Posts: 58974 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
This video was apparently edited by a well-known Bernie supporter to make her look worse. FWIW.

I haven't watched it or the unedited video (which is also out there and reportedly makes her look somewhat better). And at this point, I don't really plan to watch it. I'm already sick of the 2020 campaign and don't see the point of getting outraged by Feinstein of all people who just got re-elected and is not going to run again.

Dianne Feinstein is generally a reliable vote for the left side of most issues. But she's also pretty practical, plodding and moderate, and from a blue state like California, one would hope for something a little more aspirational and "leading edge." Her timidity can drive you crazy.

Some folks have said the kids came across as overcoached pawns. Did anyone else think that? I guess I should watch the darn thing.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 43199 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eighty-five is too old to hold public office. Go ahead call it ageism but I'm sorry .... 
A lot are, but I've known a couple of 90 year olds who were sharper than I was at 30, some who lost their mind before 60-- and a few who never had one to begin with.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 13146 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Okay, I thought she sounded fine. This strikes me as a hit job.

Yeah, she's still Dianne Feinstein, but is anyone really surprised?

I'll go find the unedited video and, if it's not too long, listen to that as well. Either way I'll post it here.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 43199 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Here's the video. It's a little over 11 minutes. I'm watching it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLR2XX7ui20

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
I still think she sounds fine. Cranky, I suppose, which is not a great look for a senator being taped, but I don't think she sounds senile at all.

I get the frustration with Feinstein, but this strikes me as a procedural or tactical discussion, and you know nothing's going to be decided here. If this pushes Feinstein to the left, then great.

Btw, I don't think it sounds like the kids are being scolded. They were set up to speak to her as little adults, and she spoke back to them as adults. (And offered one of them an internship in a one-on-one discussion at the end.) I don't see the problem.

AAA+
posted Hide Post
I have a problem with kids who have no real world experience trying to dictate policy.

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
I have a problem with kids who have no real world experience trying to dictate policy.

Like those f*cking stupid teens wearing MAGA hats?

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49551 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
Kids pushing leftist crap are far in the majority these days and I blame that on what they are being taught in Public schools.

Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kids pushing leftist crap are far in the majority these days and I blame that on what they are being taught in Public schools.

From loser teachers no doubt.

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 31335 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Zealot...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Fox God:
    quote:

Like those f*cking stupid teens wearing MAGA hats?

Pefect, TFG! crob is probably slinking away right now into the lead-trap drain in the complex.

HB

Posts: 24680 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
    quote:

From loser teachers no doubt.

That's an awful way to describe Liberal teachers.

Aardent
    Picture of Victor Laszlo
    posted Hide Post
    That’s how trump jr describes them, SFB’s.

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 31335 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    There's got to be a reason for scatterbrains like AOC and I
    think it's the educational system.