Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Etc. Forums  Hop To Forums  Social Hour: Chit-chat 'bout this 'n that    Tariffman: Putting America LAST, as promised...
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Tariffman: Putting America LAST, as promised...
 Login/Register

Admin
posted
quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. Steel And Aluminum Tariffs Are 'Illegal,' EU Trade Commissioner Says

After U.S. tariffs on imports of European steel and aluminum took effect Friday morning, the EU's top trade commissioner called them "illegal" and a classic case of protectionism.

The EU plans to make its case to the World Trade Organization.

"We will now trigger a dispute settlement case at the WTO, since the U.S. measures on steel and aluminum clearly go against agreed international rules," Cecilia Malmström, Europe's top trade commissioner, said at a news conference on Friday, shortly after the U.S. tariffs — 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum — took effect.
But, since when do FASCIST REGIME HEADS care anything about "law"? Roll Eyes   :rolleyes:

DJT's THEME SONG:

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
I believe the EU is going to target red states. I read that a few weeks ago.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29979 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Trump finally did the one thing that will drive powerful Republicans away

As president, Donald Trump has insulted US allies and top Republicans, threatened nuclear war on Twitter, shared top-secret intelligence with Russia, and pushed immigration policies that are ripping apart families and damaging the US’s image abroad.

A bill that kills Trump’s trade tariffs

This afternoon, a bipartisan group of senators introduced a new bill that takes away Trump’s right to pass tariffs on products that the Department of Commerce deem important to national security. The bill would require any intended tariffs to be approved by Congress. It would also be retroactive for the past two years—meaning it could rescind last month’s controversial steel and aluminum tariffs.

The bill is sponsored by Republicans and frequent Trump critics Jeff Flake of Arizona and Bob Corker of Tennessee. It also includes four other GOP senators (and four Democrats). The tariffs will be bad for US business, and US jobs, they say, echoing recent analysis by economists.

Imposing tariffs “under the false pretense of ‘national security’ weakens our economy, our credibility with other nations, and invites retaliation,” said Pat Toomey, the Pennsylvania Republican who voted with Trump 91.4% of the time.

“These kinds of tariffs are a big mistake, and using national security as an excuse is a bigger mistake,” said Lamar Alexander, the Republican from Tennessee, who has voted in support of Trump more than 94% of the time in the past.” Ron Johnson, a Wisconsin Republican who has voted with Trump nearly 92% of the time, said Congress should assert “its constitutional authorities on tariffs to ensure we don’t undermine the significant economic progress we have made over the last 18 months.”

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Why China 'holds all the aces' in a full-blown US-China trade war

* The Trump administration announced on Friday it will impose a 25 percent tariff on up to $50 billion in Chinese goods in an effort to protect U.S. intellectual property and technology.

* China in retaliation said it will introduce taxation measures of the same scale and strength.

* The objective is to reduce the size of the U.S.--China trade deficit from an estimated $370 billion to $200 billion by 2020.

* The administration says these alleged IP appropriations along with corporate espionage have cost the U.S. economy between $225 to $600 billion a year.

* While this may hurt China in the short-term, it has other markets to sell to in Asia and elsewhere.
    ...also see:
    quote:
    China's Economy Facts and Effect on the U.S. Economy - How Much China Really Affects the U.S. Economy

China's economy produced $23.12 trillion in 2017, based on purchasing power parity. It's the world's largest economy. The European Union is second, at $19.9 trillion. The United States fell to third place, producing $19.3 trillion.

China is the largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasurys. In March 2018, China owned $1.19 trillion in Treasurys. That's 19 percent of the public debt held by foreign countries. The U.S. debt to China is lower than the record-high of $1.3 trillion held in November 2013.

China buys U.S. debt to support the value of the dollar. This is because China pegs its currency, the yuan, to the U.S. dollar. It devalues the currency when needed to keep its export prices competitive.

China's role as America's largest banker gives it leverage. For example, China threatens to sell part of its holdings whenever the United States pressures it to raise the yuan's value. Since 2005, China raised the yuan's value by 33 percent against the dollar. Between 2014 and 2016, the dollar's strength increased by 25 percent. The rise forced China to devalue the yuan. This ensured its exports would remain competitively priced with those from Asian countries that hadn't tied their currency to the dollar.

Admin
    posted Hide Post

Golly, it seems DJT and his FRIGHTIES had no clue as to just how complicated and costly a trade war would get for the U.S.

We need to export goods and services to the WORLD... but DJT has pissed-off every trading partner we had. We need them far more than they need us, period!
    OMG!   :OMG:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    It's not only China that's retaliating (Canada the EU and Mexico as well as others are joining together against DJT's "war").

So, what will you buy with the few pennies left-over from the TAX CUTS for the WEALTHIEST? Perhaps a piece of candy to make you feel better? Roll Eyes   :rolleyes:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    One of Trump's most destructive traits is an unwillingness to look at the big picture. His actions will have real consequences.

One thing I would do if I were China would be to cancel Ivanka's trademarks, which she only got through Daddy's dirty dealings in the first place.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
    Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49236 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Fox God:
    One of Trump's most destructive traits is an unwillingness to look at the big picture. His actions will have real consequences.

One thing I would do if I were China would be to cancel Ivanka's trademarks, which she only got through Daddy's dirty dealings in the first place.
    She has, what, 34 of them? I would first and immediately cancel DJT's as well (he has well over 100 of them).

DJT: "Give my daughter more trademarks and I will reinstate our support for your SPYING ON AMERICANS phones!"

IOW: screw America... The Trump's WANT MO MONEY!
    quote:
    Ivanka Trump won China trademarks days before her father's reversal on ZTE

Ivanka Trump’s fashion and homewares business received initial approval from the Chinese government for five trademark applications days before her father announced a U-turn in policy on ZTE, a Chinese telecoms firm that has admitted breaking US sanctions on Iran and North Korea.

Chinese trademark documents detailing the approvals were made public by Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington (Crew), a watchdog group. The group said the first daughter and White House adviser, who represents the US at diplomatic events, already held more than a dozen trademarks in China and multiple pending applications. Donald Trump holds more than 100 trademarks in China.

DJT's THEME SONG:

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    The Trump's WANT MO MONEY!

I truthfully believe that was his only real motivation for going after the Presidency in the first place. Trump knew he'd be able to loot the nation and get away with it. He certainly didn't want to be a good, or even a barely acceptable, public servent.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
    Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49236 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post

American Farmers and Industry Jobs and our Economy Hang in the Balance...
    quote:
    All of the EU’s anti-Trump tariffs

The US trade war with the world is well underway. In retaliation for Washington’s levy of duties on aluminum and steel from the European Union, the 28-country trading bloc has now imposed a plethora of tariffs on hundreds of US goods.

Here is a look at all 340 products affected, divided into two lengthy lists. The first shows the American exports that will face extra tariffs to retaliate against US duties on “carbon and alloy” products. The second includes the remaining aluminum and steel products.

DJT's THEME SONG:

Enthusiast...
    Picture of Pawn 10
    posted Hide Post
    Anti,
    Nice job on your research,
    If you try taking your Liberal blinders off and read this you just might learn something.
    And don't worry it's not an attack on liberalism as yours are on President Trump, and it does bring to light many of the theories contained in your links.
    And this is written by those experts who are in the business and make their living by doing and not just teaching and writing books. They are not just some pencil headed geek from some university or wet behind the ears news reported.
    See: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tariff.asp
    Please make note of this which is rarely mentioned when discussing tariffs.
    quote:
    Governments may impose tariffs to raise revenue or to protect domestic industries

what part of “ No Collusion “ “ No Obstruction” don't you understand ? I haven't seen Democrats this mad since Republicans freed their slaves.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

If all the accusations against President Trump were true he'd dang near qualify to be a Democrat!

Posts: 3604 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    Read and ponder...

Pawn asks Karl to take his blinders off because he has something to teach him.

He then attacks teachers and writers.

Next he attacks "geeks" at Universities. He is not clear whether it's students or teachers who are the objects of his ire. I will assume both.

Then he attacks reporters of the news who he describes as "wet behind the ears."

Following that, he asks Karl to make a note of something 'rare' that is coming next…..

What follows is a statement to explain to us a term that "who make their living by doing" (and most people with an elementary school education I might add) already know.

Dixie

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56660 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    Read and ponder...

Next he attacks "geeks" at Universities. He is not clear whether it's students or teachers who are the objects of his ire. I will assume both.

Then he attacks reporters of the news who he describes as "wet behind the ears."

Following that, he asks Karl to make a note of something 'rare' that is coming next…..

What follows is a statement to explain to us a term that "who make their living by doing" (and most people with an elementary school education I might add) already know.

Dixie
    I'm not going to engage someone (Pawn) with whom there is no reasoning. Republicans and Democrats in Congress; Economic Experts; business folks and many ordinary Americans think DJT's actions are a mistake (putting it mildly).

To be sure... there will be opinions from both sides, but one of those sides will be WRONG.

Personally, I think DJT and the ultra-wealthy will make out like bandits (most hold many different assets in many different nations), while the average American will be royally screwed. However; I'm not posting here to debate, I am making observations (citing sources) and everyone can decide for themselves (or not). That said:
    quote:
    quote:
    June 20th
    foxbusiness.com: How Trump’s tariffs hurt American consumers w/3:28 video

Capitalist Pig hedge fund manager Jonathan Hoenig on how President Trump’s tariffs have hurt the American people.

"Tariffs raise prices and they cost jobs"
    quote:
    June 21st
    foreignpolicyjournal.com: Trump’s Tariffs Undermining America’s Economic Future

President Trump's new tariffs are not only alienating US allies and trade partners, but undermining America’s own future prospects.

On Monday, US President Donald Trump threatened to impose a new 10 percent tariff on $200 billion of Chinese goods. That will not only re-escalate the trade war with China but contribute to new risks of collateral damage to the US economy.

And make no mistake: While China is the first target; the next ones will include some of the largest trading economies in Europe, East Asia and Americas.

US tech giants will not be immune

US semiconductor chipmakers, including as Intel and Qualcomm, generate $15 billion each in annual revenue in China. The two are amid a great unease as US government is considering tariffs on chips imported from China, which has a critical place in their supply chains.

more...

DJT's THEME SONG:

Enthusiast...
    Picture of Pawn 10
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I'm not going to engage someone (Pawn) with whom there is no reasoning.

That's fine. I never expect any serious discussion when I visit the ant farm any way. So your free to just keep of posting your Liberal propaganda unopposed.

what part of “ No Collusion “ “ No Obstruction” don't you understand ? I haven't seen Democrats this mad since Republicans freed their slaves.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

If all the accusations against President Trump were true he'd dang near qualify to be a Democrat!

Posts: 3604 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    Picture of Born Again Liberal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Read and ponder...

Dixie

LOL!   :lol:

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29979 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pawn 10:
    quote:
    That's fine. I never expect any serious discussion when I visit the ant farm any way. So your free to just keep of posting your Liberal propaganda unopposed.
    My previous reply's THREE cited sources:
      nationalreview.com - opinionated, a conservative right-wing site
      foxbusiness.com - opinionated, a conservative right-wing site
      foreignpolicyjournal.com - neutral reporting, factual and sourced
    You make my point for me, far better than I could ever do... thanks!

DJT's THEME SONG:

Zealot...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pawn 10:
    quote:

So, you're not opposing us any longer? Good! Now stfu and leave permanently, goofball.

BTW, guess how many people respect what you have to say? Did you say, "zero?" you're correct. zero. btw, whatever happened to your friend, zero?

HB

Posts: 22872 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    China using tariffs to target Trump's base: report

A leaked propaganda notice from the Chinese government states that the country is using to tariffs to try to disrupt and split President Trump’s base, Business Insider reported on Tuesday.

The notice, leaked and published by the China Digital Times, which monitors media censorship in China, states the tariffs are meant to split “apart different domestic groups in US.”

“We stop negotiation for now, acting tit for tat, roll out corresponding policies, hold public opinion at a good level without escalating it, limit scope, and strike accurately and carefully, splitting apart different domestic groups in US,” the propaganda notice reads.

“The trade conflict is really a war against China’s rise, to see who has the greater stamina,” the document continues. "This is absolutely no time for irresolution or reticence.”

The document also directs media to not report on comments from Trump or other officials, adding that outlets shouldn’t “attack Trump’s vulgarity; don’t make this a war of insults.”

Experts have warned that the Chinese tariffs could be used to specifically target Trump supporters, particularly with tariffs on goods like soybeans and sorghum. The crops are produced largely in areas that backed Trump in the 2016 election.
    Why not just rescind DJT and Ivanka's "chinese trademarks" and then get on with the trade war!

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Yes, there will be a global economic cost. However; beyond that is what this will do to the relationship between the U.S. and other nations (and it is not good, "mark my words").

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    FACT:
    Personally, I don't care about the woes of AUTOMAKERS, they back this FASCIST REGIME. The reality is, though, for American Car Buyers... the vast majority have NOTHING left (from the TAX CUT WINDFALL for th wealthiest) which might have gone toward a new or newer vehicle. Drops in supply + increases in costs of materials = prices are going to soar.

I don't buy NEW vehicles (and I haven't had a car payment in decades). I buy used vehicles, pay cash, and drive 'em for at least 5 (and as much as 20) years. However; everyone that you know who is panning on a new vehicle purchase: be sure to thank a ****ING FRIGHTIE the next time that you personally encounter one... then punch their lights out (no need to shoot or kill them... if arrested, just claim that you were "standing your ground"! ROTF   :rotf:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post

You're doing a hell of a job, DJT! Is now a good time to become a VEGAN, or are YOU just hoarding MEAT for your long stay in prison?!
    Bwahaha  :bwa:
    quote:
    Billions of pounds of meat in U.S stockpiles amid slowing overseas sales

More than 2.5 billion pounds of meat from beef to pork and poultry are being stockpiled in cold-storage warehouses across the country amid going trade disputes with the U.S. largest meat exports, reports the Wall Street Journal, citing federal data set to release as early as Monday.

The details: While domestic consumers' demand for meat has increased, it not enough to keep up with record production of hogs and chickens, forcing industry increasingly reply on exports, the report notes. This would drive-down prices for American consumers, restaurants and retailers. But dwindling foreign exports will threaten profits for meat manufacturers, and the report adds that some hog farmers have already started scaling back their operations.

DJT's THEME SONG:

Zealot...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Read and ponder...

Dixie

When anyone says to shut up and listen to them...you just might learn something...it's 100% certain they have nothing to teach.

HB

Posts: 22872 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post