Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Computing & Internet    Keep Windows 7 Ultimate or upgrade to Windows 10
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Keep Windows 7 Ultimate or upgrade to Windows 10
 Login/Register

Forum Host
Picture of DianeZ
posted
My son-in-law gave me a very nice PC - had to get new hard drive & do clean install of OS. I had a "currently unused" copy of Windows 7 Ultimate so that is what I installed - key code accepted. I have Windows 10 upgrade on an older computer that this one replaces. If the 10 upgrade was still free I would download it for this PC, but now that I have to pay, I am hesitant. I have gotten used to 10, but I still like 7 better. What are the pros & cons of just keeping 7?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DianeZ

Posts: 1087 | Location: Maryland | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of DianeZ
posted Hide Post
update: I got the PC home & tinkered with it, trying to set up the Back-up/Restore function, and in the process of trying to get into the BIOS to change the boot order, I broke it - was not getting any video. Had to take it to the Geek Squad. It had a very high end gaming video card - expensive to replace - but it is now working like a charm, with Windows 10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DianeZ

Posts: 1087 | Location: Maryland | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post