Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Computing & Internet    Windows 10 Creators Update (not for everyone)
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Windows 10 Creators Update (not for everyone)
 Login/Register

Zealot...
posted

Systems running some older hardware will NOT be able to run this update. Many users running Windows7/8/8.1 that upgraded to Windows 10 may have older "unsupported" hardware which will prevent being able to get UPDATES (with the possible exception of "security patches"). The following LINK might help determine if your system is "Windows 10 Creators Update" compatible. Today, I got this UPDATE pushed to my laptop... no problem except it interrupted my computing for about 3 hours. There are several required RESTARTS during installation (I had to be at the keyboard to enter my system passwords on each RESTART). Then I had to restart/reconfigure CLASSIC SHELL (to get back my preferred desktop and functionality) and TURN-OFF components; such as, ONEDRIVE and CORTANA.

As of now... all is well.

YMMV

Posts: 20511 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post