Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Entertainment  Hop To Forums  Films & TV    Comedy Central says farewell to @midnight
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Comedy Central says farewell to @midnight
 Login/Register

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted
Right from the start, @midnight took over Twitter with Hashtag Wars. And for better or worse, the show clogged your Twitter feed for several hours 598 more times before tonight. The Emmy Awards honored @midnight for its interactive ambitions.

@midnight, meanwhile, celebrated comedians by giving them a showcase to demonstrate just how funny they naturally are. Even if they sometimes had help from the show’s writing staff. Full disclosure: Joe Randazzo subletted a room from me before moving West to Los Angeles to take the @midnight head writing job. Jesse Joyce, another former neighbor of mine, not only was one of Comedy Central’s main hired guns for its Roasts, but also an @midnight writer who got to shine on the panel from time to time, too.

“I wanted to be involved in something that helped comedians and helped comedy,” Hardwick said, as quoted by UPROXX. “The great thing about it is, whenever a comic is on television doing comedy, they’re usually burning through their own material. There really aren’t a lot of shows anymore on which comedians can pop up. As many channels as there are, even the talk shows today don’t really feature comedians as often as they used to.”

By not forcing comedians to do their prepared bits, @midnight opened up the field not only for stand-up comedians, but also to YouTubers, broadcasters, actors, athletes and rock stars who could make us laugh just by riffing and being themselves. If you were fun and/or funny, you could hang.

http://thecomicscomic.com/2017...ding-as-a-game-show/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note to the NFL: Compulsory patriotism isn't patriotism. It's fake news.

Posts: 45625 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post