Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Entertainment  Hop To Forums  Films & TV    'Roseanne' Might Come Back as ‘Darlene,’ Focus on Sara Gilbert’s Character
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

'Roseanne' Might Come Back as ‘Darlene,’ Focus on Sara Gilbert’s Character
 Login/Register

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted
As soon as “Roseanne” was canceled earlier this week, people began wondering whether we’d truly seen the last of the show. Roseanne Barr sealed her own fate with an especially vile tweet that compared former Barack Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett to an ape, but the sitcom was a ratings juggernaut for ABC and no one else involved appears to have been a racist conspiracy theorist. Now, a new possibility has emerged: a spinoff focused on Sara Gilbert’s single-mom character, Darlene.

Gilbert immediately distanced herself from Barr’s supposedly Ambien-induced tweet: “Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least,” she tweeted.

“This is incredibly sad and difficult for all of us, as we’ve created a show that we believe in, are proud of, and that audiences love— one that is separate and apart from the opinions and words of one cast member.”

TMZ first broke the news, adding that John Goodman is “very interested” in the spinoff.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/...-goodman-1201970711/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48461 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
‘Darlene,’ Focus on Sara Gilbert’s Character
As a rule, I don't watch sitcoms. But, I could live with such an event... (not that I would watch it)... especially given Sara Gilbert's comments on BARR's "RUMP ACT"!

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post