Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Entertainment  Hop To Forums  Films & TV    Hunkered down? No movie theater trips, for now?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Hunkered down? No movie theater trips, for now?
 Login/Register

Admin
posted

Posts: 25914 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
WooHoo!    :woohoo:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60297 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stop The Madness:

NBCUniversal feels you...
quote:

Thanks, STM. I learned that Idris Elba is a male.

HB

Posts: 25196 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

Just to add a bit more:

I typically visit various online sites, via the Internet on my Smart TV, Laptop, and/or Android Phone... where I access TV shows, Videos and Movies (all "free" content). There are quite a number "out there" but some require email registration accounts which I typically avoid (and some are questionably malicious?).

In the GOOGLE Play Store (and perhaps the Apple equivalent) there are APPS available to access such resources. I have Amazon PRIME, of course, but I also like to ocassionally research/use other resources. Among those others, perhaps of interest, are:
    Pluto TV
    STIRR
    Filmrise
    Old Movies
    Tubi
    Xumo
FWIW

Posts: 25914 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I so much prefer my computer because of the bookmarks! But the iPad fits better on the edge of the bed. Thanks for the list. Although we have a smart tv because of security concerns and a dsl mid speed line most movies have to be downloadable. And that can take a while!

Last cruse I was on the captain suggested windy. I found the app but got the impression that if was pc also. That cruise we had to hid from two typhoons. Call said that was the first for him on a single cruise.

Posts: 10875 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10875 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I so much prefer my computer because of the bookmarks! But the iPad fits better on the edge of the bed. Thanks for the list. Although we have a smart tv because of security concerns and a dsl mid speed line most movies have to be downloadable. And that can take a while!
One thing I've found, regarding Smart TVs is that they can sometimes LACK processing/storage/buffering resources and thus sometimes can make Streaming of Internet content just a bit problematic.

So, what I do to resolve this matter is: I'll use my Android Phone's Web Browser to access various streaming sites... then (once downloaded and/or a streaming connection is made) "share" the content with my Smart TV's big screen. Then, all such TV-steaming problems magically disappear (not to mention its more comfortable watching on a large screen TV instead of a cellphone). I'll sometimes do the same with my laptop (share the content from it with my Smart TV's larger screen).

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is the pa link

https://www.mcall.com/coronavi...pesei-htmlstory.html
Thanks, I'll add that over in the other topic.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stop The Madness:
quote:
One thing I've found, regarding Smart TVs is that they can sometimes LACK processing/storage/buffering resources and thus sometimes can make Streaming of Internet content just a bit problematic.

So, what I do to resolve this matter is: I'll use my Android Phone's Web Browser to access various streaming sites... then (once downloaded and/or a streaming connection is made) "share" the content with my Smart TV's big screen. Then, all such TV-steaming problems magically disappear (not to mention its more comfortable watching on a large screen TV instead of a cellphone). I'll sometimes do the same with my laptop (share the content from it with my Smart TV's larger screen).

Didn’t really want a Smart TV, but the dimensions were good!

Admin
posted Hide Post

Yeah, SmartTVs leave much to be desired, IMO.

I do not use their preinstalled APP, except for
Amazon and the Internet (I've removed all others from the APP menu. I could just as well not use either of the two I kept log in on my phone or laptop and cast those to the bigger screen).

All I really wanted was dual-band WiFi capability on my TV...

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
QUARANTINE AND CHILL

NETFLIX ALTERNATIVES: 9 FREE STREAMING SERVICES TO SHAKE UP YOUR VIEWING HABITS
Including HBO, Showtime, Sundance, Roku, and others... mostly "free trials" (for 30 days?), but, hey...