Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Entertainment  Hop To Forums  Films & TV    Ozark, anybody?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Ozark, anybody?
 Login/Register

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted
Has anybody else been watching this Netflix series? I just finished season 3, and Tom Pelphrey as Wendy Byrde's brother Ben ... wow.

The acting and writing have been amazing throughout this series, but Tom Pelphrey in season 3 is just spectacular. Don't want to give anything away, so I'll just wonder again: anybody see it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44314 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
I started watching it last fall on the advice of a friend who thought I’d like it. I couldn’t get into it past season 1.

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60418 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. It's a specific sort of taste, I think. I just know the relationship between Laura Linney's character and her younger brother, played by Tom Pelphrey, will be with me for a long time. It's exquisitely written and acted, and it leaves you bereft.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44314 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
I’ll try it again if season three is that good.

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60418 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Well, the relationship between Wendy and her brother builds slowly (or is revealed slowly) and I don't know if it'll seem worth it to hang in. I've just never seen anything (on TV) so profoundly poignant.

Well, you'll find out if you want to hang in there. And I totally get not wanting to -- my son was forever after me to watch Breaking Bad, and I just never could. Not even sure why.