Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Religion & Spirituality    Good Friday
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Good Friday
 Login/Register

Never goes away...
Picture of WXGuy
posted
BLESSED GOOD FRIDAY TO ALL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WXGuy

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. ~ALBERT EINSTEIN

Posts: 10448 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Mbr Since: 10-16-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Friday good. Monday bad. Smile   :)

Posts: 8919 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
A very blessed Good Friday to you too, Michael--albeit a couple of weeks late!

Your post and Henry's reply appear to be the most recent things posted on this forum. I've lurked on Aantares several times in recent months, and even posted a couple of times on the News forum. Each time I look to see if anything new has been posted on the R&S forum, and it's depressing to see there is rarely much of anything.

Not surprising, though, considering that a number of the old regulars have passed on, and the remainder are like me--they don't post because nobody else is posting, and it's basically pretty boring and depressing. So they go to some other forum or (more likely) post on Facebook or Twitter or whatever.

Facebook is where I spend most of my online time these days, but I have never found it an adequate substitute for a lively and active discussion forum. Although I have many wonderful friends there, some of them dating from long before my Prodigy days, the discussions tend to be rather disappointing. They may start off with a bang and attract any number of knowledgeable and gifted participants, but there is rarely any continuity. There are too many inherent distractions, so discussions tend to fizzle out after a few days no matter how promising they were when they started.

The dismal state of the R&S forum may be about to change--or at least I'm going to try to change it. For the better, hopefully. I'll explain how and why on another topic.

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
Welcome new members. We need you. We want you here. Feel free. Smile   :)

“Why bite when a growl will suffice?”....Oskar the dog

Posts: 54970 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
Welcome new members. We need you. We want you here. Feel free. Smile   :)

Thank you, Dixie. I happen to know that at least four Amazon people signed up with Aantares yesterday. They can't post yet because they are awaiting CJ's approval. That should happen later this afternoon.

CJ knows about my new post and the new members (I told her in Facebook Messenger), but she hasn't actually read it yet. She's waiting until after her 24-hour checkup after cataract surgery, which she said went very well.

There could be more new Aantares members by now--I'll have to check my email and the other forum.

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post