Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Religion & Spirituality    How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
      Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
 Login/Register

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
That was JR, but I thought you’d like the Bangor about visiting the White House for sure. There are two very similar threads.

Sorry. Realised that a little later.

Reading some of those sites on the need for us to learn exactly what is our own individual diet, I was amused when a young GP dismissed it all as propaganda to see assorted nefarious scheme.

I reckon he is wrong.

Caution is essential; however:

https://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/blood-type-diet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1567 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
That was JR, but I thought you’d like the Bangor about visiting the White House for sure. There are two very similar threads.

Sorry. Realised that a little later.

Reading some of those sites on the need for us to learn exactly what is our own individual diet, I was amused when a young GP dismissed it all as propaganda to see assorted nefarious scheme.

I reckon he is wrong.

I found the blood type thing a while back. I can’t imagine it being accurate since diseases can’t be associated with blood type, for the most type.

Posts: 5037 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Something like that. Think we were on iteration 13 (with 1000 posts each), plus the several threads we filled prior to you opening the Pub.

Don't know how I did that, as I knew full well as I was posting that it was 10,000 per thread, not 1000, though that was what Amazon said it was just before it shut down.

My post should have read 150,000 for the Pub though, as you say, that may have been two threads too many.

Hmmm, now that I have a bit more brain cells functioning, I'm thinking you were right the first time with the 1000.

IIRC, the fastest we ever blew through one of TDM's topics was about 4 days. There were 25 posts per page. I can recall there being several hundreds of posts since my last visit on her threads, but never thousands.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4064 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Something like that. Think we were on iteration 13 (with 1000 posts each), plus the several threads we filled prior to you opening the Pub.

Don't know how I did that, as I knew full well as I was posting that it was 10,000 per thread, not 1000, though that was what Amazon said it was just before it shut down.

My post should have read 150,000 for the Pub though, as you say, that may have been two threads too many.

Hmmm, now that I have a bit more brain cells functioning, I'm thinking you were right the first time with the 1000.

IIRC, the fastest we ever blew through one of TDM's topics was about 4 days. There were 25 posts per page. I can recall there being several hundreds of posts since my last visit on her threads, but never thousands.

I was thinking 10000 too, in part because of the top of the page saying “of 1000” even when there were more. But the page count seemed to 4000 max. How easily we forget!

Posts: 5037 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking 10000 too, in part because of the top of the page saying “of 1000” even when there were more. But the page count seemed to 4000 max. How easily we forget!

Not to worry.

Just remember, the older we get the better we were.

Posts: 1567 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not to worry.

Just remember, the older we get the better we were.

I’m good with useless trivia, normally, but more and more of it is getting cleared out! I need to go back to reading more so I have more stuff to forget!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m good with useless trivia, normally, but more and more of it is getting cleared out! I need to go back to reading more so I have more stuff to forget!

My problem is I need a bomb under myself, get myself moving, rejoin U3A and get back into action.

U3A has at least four possible outlets for me, all of which should be ideal. There just has to be the type of people I can relate to, people I have yet to find in real life.

When I finally pull my finger out, all the little things which have been falling into place over the past few months will finally have their chance to come out in the open.

I need to sit down with the right people as I am all but certain the book in my mind is just about ready to begin.

It is all so simple. As I watch the news each night I see too many of our world leaders creating more problems instead of solving the ones we already have.

Reality is, countless men and women over the past thousands of years have told us how to live the good life.

All we have to do is pay attention to what they have told us.

http://www.u3aqld.org.au/about-us
The U3A movement had its beginnings in Toulouse, France in 1972. A successful summer school run by the University for retired people, led to the very first Université du Troisième Age. The concept quickly spread throughout France and to other European countries and North America. The French model centres around universities, relying heavily on their facilities and tuition although there are no exams and costs are kept to a minimum.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I reckon he is wrong.

I found the blood type thing a while back. I can’t imagine it being accurate since diseases can’t be associated with blood type, for the most type.

I've seen the blood type idea before too. I think maybe the elimination diet might be a better way to individualize a diet.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
I've seen the blood type idea before too. I think maybe the elimination diet might be a better way to individualize a diet.

Why not start from scratch and do it properly?

Surely we must have enough knowledge to determine exactly what each individual needs?

For me, as you know, it is all perfectly simple. All we lack is the will.

We **** sapiens Great Apes are an evolved social/tribal animal.

All we need to do, before any foetus is conceived, is analyse the prospective parents' DNA and take it from there.

We have all the answers; WTF don't we make use of them?

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I reckon he is wrong.

Can you imagine cooking for a largish family? You could be cooking exact opposite meals, it would seem!

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I reckon he is wrong.

Can you imagine cooking for a largish family? You could be cooking exact opposite meals, it would seem!

Yep there's only 4 in our family and as into the importance of diet as I am; I'm too lazy to do any of the elimination diet schemes.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not if DNA and blood type are the answer.

Unless Mum's been playing up.

Anyway, it will not be all that long before large families are banned. We can't look after the seven billion-plus we have now.

Hard to imagine we still have families of 17 or so children.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not if DNA and blood type are the answer.

Unless Mum's been playing up.

Anyway, it will not be all that long before large families are banned. We can't look after the seven billion-plus we have now.

Hard to imagine we still have families of 17 or so children.

A/O with B/O. Should give you enough combinations to make cooking a nightmare. Iirc A/O is considered type A for the menus. I have no idea what happens with AB!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no idea what happens with AB!

I'm AB-... rather rare as only .6% of the population has it.

I've cut way back on the caffeine and rarely eat cured meats, but I do like smoked turkey. Veggies? I eat what I can with considerable limitations because of the IBS.

Posts: 4064 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I have no idea what happens with AB!

I've cut way back on the caffeine and rarely eat cured meats, but I do like smoked turkey. Veggies? I eat what I can with considerable limitations because of the IBS.

I read the freebie one of one of the series. Some are more meat oriented others more veggies. And yes, AB is fairly rare!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

That figures Applause   :applause:

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No biggie. It just means that I have to carry a card stating my blood type in my wallet in case of emergency. Or in case I delivered an rh+ baby, which would really be an emergency at this point in my life!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No biggie. It just means that I have to carry a card stating my blood type in my wallet in case of emergency. Or in case I delivered an rh+ baby, which would really be an emergency at this point in my life!

Yep that neg, is a big deal, indeed! But then, I expect there haven’t been enough stars in the East to get you concerned about a pregnancy this late in life!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep that neg, is a big deal, indeed! But then, I expect there haven’t been enough stars in the East to get you concerned about a pregnancy this late in life!

LOL, yeah, can you imagine me having a baby at THIS AGE!!! Especially considering that I've had a partial hysterectomy?

But the rh- really hasn't been much of an issue. It's just that if I had given birth to, or miscarried, an rh+ baby, I would have had to be monitored throughout pregnancy and receive a Rh immunoglobulin injection to prevent future issues.

If the blood of an Rh-positive fetus gets into the bloodstream of an Rh-negative woman, her body will understand it is not her blood and will fight it by making anti-Rh antibodies. These antibodies can cross the placenta and try to destroy the fetus’s blood. This reaction can lead to serious health problems and even death in a fetus or newborn.
https://www.acog.org/Patients/...ffect-Your-Pregnancy

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

LOL, yeah, can you imagine me having a baby at THIS AGE!!! Especially considering that I've had a partial hysterectomy?

But the rh- really hasn't been much of an issue. It's just that if I had given birth to, or miscarried, an rh+ baby, I would have had to be monitored throughout pregnancy and receive a Rh immunoglobulin injection to prevent future issues.

If the blood of an Rh-positive fetus gets into the bloodstream of an Rh-negative woman, her body will understand it is not her blood and will fight it by making anti-Rh antibodies. These antibodies can cross the placenta and try to destroy the fetus’s blood. This reaction can lead to serious health problems and even death in a fetus or newborn.
https://www.acog.org/Patients/...ffect-Your-Pregnancy

I have an aunt who lost a child, after the effects of RH were fairly widely known, because her rural community just couldn’t deal with the problems. She chose a doctor 30 miles away her second pregnancy and carried to term.