Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Religion & Spirituality    How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
Oh yes JR.

I was prouder to be a Christian than I have been in a very long time.

Yep, I'm definitely with you here!

"This Little Light of Mine"

I grew up on that JR, never knew it was a black spiritual.

Dixie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 55801 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
It's a beautiful faith

It was until Liberals decided it needed to be changed. That's when I left the Presbyterian church that I'd been a member of for years.

Oh really? What changed? The Church hasn't done something drastic like start to move away from the doctrine of predestination, has it?

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40816 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You're politicizing it. Tsk...tsk...tsk.

quote:
An ardent campaigner for social justice,

You say that like it was a bad thing.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48860 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amen.

Dixie

Watchit girl, we gonna be singin' hallelujah here if we keep this up!

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4071 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Amen.

Dixie

I think Trucky needs to SEE TH' LIGHT!

We need to Throw Him A Lifeline!

Dixie

Posts: 55801 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh yes JR.

Dixie

Yep, I grew up on it too.

In one place that we lived in Florida, there was a large field near our house that was planted and harvested by blacks several times a year. That was one of the songs they would sing as they worked. 'Twas lovely to hear.

Posts: 4071 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Amen.

Dixie

I think Trucky needs to SEE TH' LIGHT!

We need to Throw Him A Lifeline!

Dixie

It sure couldn't do anything but help him, that's for sure.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do so many on the left, in the media, entertainment and academia not practice that most simple, loving and humane of rules when it comes to the Christian faith?

Yesterday Óscar Romero, catholic prelate of El Salavador, was declared a saint by Pope Pancho. Look him up, he's quite revered as a martyr in Latin America. He wasn't killed by liberals or muslim terrorists, but assassinated while giving mass by members of a right-wing death squad, part of the Arena political party.
During these Dirty (and illegal) War years of the 80's a handful of other priests were also murdered along and a number nuns who were also raped. Arena was led by Roberto D'Aubuisson, aka Major blowtorch, after his favorite interrogation tool. D'Aubuisson was quite the darling of Reagan and the right, and incidentally a major cause of development of the MS-13 gang, but that's another story that keeps peeking up on this board. Anyway, back to persecution of christians-- you're sure it's leftists?

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12474 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
This One is For True Conservative From Your Friends On Aantares

Enjoy....

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday Óscar Romero, catholic prelate of El Salavador, was declared a saint by Pope Pancho. Look him up, he's quite revered as a martyr in Latin America. He wasn't killed by liberals or muslim terrorists, but assassinated while giving mass by members of a right-wing death squad, part of the Arena political party.
During these Dirty (and illegal) War years of the 80's a handful of other priests were also murdered along and a number nuns who were also raped. Arena was led by Roberto D'Aubuisson, aka Major blowtorch, after his favorite interrogation tool. D'Aubuisson was quite the darling of Reagan and the right, and incidentally a major cause of development of the MS-13 gang, but that's another story that keeps peeking up on this board. Anyway, back to persecution of christians-- you're sure it's leftists?

Yes. And it's been going on for years. MY BIL was an Episcopal Bishop (RIP Harry) and attended Lambeth Conference in England in 1997. That is a word-wide convocation of Bishops that meets every eleven years I think. Not all of them are from wealthy countries....and I was surprised to learn that some actually risk their lives to attend....Alas, there are still Christian Martyrs. My BIL was upset over this problem and the fact that the convocation wasn't focusing on it...The delegation from Texas kept wanting to discuss sex.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Enjoy....

Turn it up and let this British lady take you to church:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO7eaEPuSVg

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
WooHoo!    :woohoo:

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
WooHoo!    :woohoo:

I fire that one up whenever I get down in the dumps. Brings me right back up!

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:

Enjoy....

When it comes to poverty, I wonder If Reverend Curry has addressed the 73% out of wedlock birth rate in the African American community/

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113757 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:

No doubt it's genocide. (Carried out by members of your favorite religion)
1. You have absolutely NO CLUE as to what anyone's "favorite religion" is, unless they have told you... so get over yourself.

2. If one truly believes (not just offers lip-service), then they have nothing to fear (not even death).

In fact; what you are calling genocide might just be god calling them home and to sainthood as well. How could/would you know otherwise?
quote:
Pope Francis Announces New Path To Sainthood

Pope Francis has introduced a new pathway to Catholic sainthood, recognizing those who sacrifice their lives for others.

The new category, introduced in a official letter from the pope on Tuesday, is "one of the most significant changes in centuries to the Roman Catholic Church's saint-making procedures," Reuters reports.

Pope Francis has introduced a new pathway to Catholic sainthood, recognizing those who sacrifice their lives for others.

The new category, introduced in a official letter from the pope on Tuesday, is "one of the most significant changes in centuries to the Roman Catholic Church's saint-making procedures," Reuters reports.

Before the change, there were three categories that provided a path to sainthood: being killed for the faith (martyrdom), living a life heroically of Christian virtues and having a strong reputation for religious devotion. The process of becoming a saint begins after an individual's death.
Disclaimer:

I am no saint and never will be because: ~I'm gonna live forever!~ Wink   ;)

P.S.

Y'all gals, keep the music and songs a comin'! Smile-Big   :D

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
When people down play radical Islamic terrorism, I have to wonder what's up with that.

Posts: 113757 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Enjoy....

When it comes to poverty, I wonder If Reverend Curry has addressed the 73% out of wedlock birth rate in the African American community/

There you go WONDERING again. LOOK IT UP!

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:

"WONDERING" or "WANDERING" (lost, in the wilderness of his own making)? Smile   :)

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Enjoy....

Well, The Episcopal Church has long advocated an aggressive sex education program for all young people.

If you want to have yet another discussion about unwed mothers, feel free to start a topic on the subject.

Dixie

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh yes JR.

Dixie

Check this version of This Little Light of Mine

Zealot...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
quote:
“How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?”

That was the deeply dismaying question posed to me by a friend with four young children as we discussed the plight of the Christian faith in America and around the world.

With each passing month, that shocking question becomes more relevant and even more disturbing.

To say that Christians and Christianity are under a withering and brutal attack in certain areas of the world would be an understatement.

In various parts of the Middle East, there is a genocidal cleansing of Christians being carried out. Women, men, and their young children are being slaughtered because of their faith and world leaders and most of the media turn their backs in bored indifference.

Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base.

The prevailing view in much of the media is that Christianity is aligned with Republicans, conservatives, or the views of President Trump – and therefore must be diminished and made suspect.

The New Yorker just described the opening of a few Chick-fil-A restaurants in New York City as “Pervasive Christian traditionalism,” and a “Creepy infiltration of New York City.”

Christianity is an “infiltration” to some on the left.

In college, they now teach about the evils of “Christian Privilege.” On Broadway and in theaters around the world, mocking Christians has become a massively profitable money-making venture.

In name, on the crucifix, and in art, Jesus Christ is desecrated in the most twisted and obscene of ways. In movies, on television and online, Christians are portrayed in the most dishonest, prejudiced and insulting of ways.

Across the country, Christian colleges are under constant assault from “social justice warriors” seeking to strip their accreditation and put them out of business.

Christian groups on campus are at times being persecuted, their offices and handouts vandalized, with members even being physically assaulted.

In a nation that is still majority Christian, those who follow the faith have been litigated or brow-beaten into being fearful to utter the words “Merry Christmas,” or to display a Nativity scene celebrating the one and only reason there is a Christmas Day.

Want to stay true to your Christian faith in the most innocuous and giving of ways?

To do so is becoming more perilous by the minute, when you stop to ponder just a sampling of the negative consequences. For example:

A high school football coach is fired for taking a knee in prayer. A teacher is fired for giving a Bible to a student who requested it. A Marine is cursed at and then court-martialed for not removing a Bible verse from her computer. Another Bible verse posted by sailors in a military hospital is labeled “extremism.”

For me personally, I continue to be ridiculed for writing and speaking about a vision I had regarding the 40 days after the resurrection.

If you are a practicing Christian in the United States and open about it, you, your congregation and your organization will become a target of some sort. It is only a matter of time.

Ironically, in some very real and ominous ways, it’s as if we are being transported back to ancient Rome.

Will we soon have to meet with fellow Christians in secret? Will we have to whisper our beliefs from the shadows? Will those Christians with “traditional” beliefs lose their jobs and livelihoods if discovered?

As more and more of the mainstream media, entertainment, academia and the hi-tech world continue to purge or discriminate against Christians, what future job fields will be open to young Christians?

Will those Christian children eventually be forced to renounce or deny their faith in order to get a job and provide for their families?

As a Christian, I truly do have the deepest respect for every faith. The vast majority of people of every faith are beyond good and do seek to follow the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Why do so many on the left, in the media, entertainment and academia not practice that most simple, loving and humane of rules when it comes to the Christian faith?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...emain-christian.html

I agree with most of this diatribe. I think good Christains get the bad end if the stick. Good Christains are incredible people. But when Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson, Jimmy Swaggart are on
the air making money rith their distortions and lies, they are no better than isis or the worst terrorist organizations on earth. Good christians need to get together, ban these evangelical monsters and stop supporing trump. That’s when I’ll truly support them.

HB

Posts: 22265 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Enjoy....

Well, The Episcopal Church has long advocated an aggressive sex education program for all young people.

If you want to have yet another discussion about unwed mothers, feel free to start a topic on the subject.

Dixie

Many experts say there is a link between out of wedlock births and poverty.

Zealot...
posted Hide Post
ff
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
quote:
Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
quote:
“How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?”

That was the deeply dismaying question posed to me by a friend with four young children as we discussed the plight of the Christian faith in America and around the world.

With each passing month, that shocking question becomes more relevant and even more disturbing.

To say that Christians and Christianity are under a withering and brutal attack in certain areas of the world would be an understatement.

In various parts of the Middle East, there is a genocidal cleansing of Christians being carried out. Women, men, and their young children are being slaughtered because of their faith and world leaders and most of the media turn their backs in bored indifference.

Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base.

The prevailing view in much of the media is that Christianity is aligned with Republicans, conservatives, or the views of President Trump – and therefore must be diminished and made suspect.

The New Yorker just described the opening of a few Chick-fil-A restaurants in New York City as “Pervasive Christian traditionalism,” and a “Creepy infiltration of New York City.”

Christianity is an “infiltration” to some on the left.

In college, they now teach about the evils of “Christian Privilege.” On Broadway and in theaters around the world, mocking Christians has become a massively profitable money-making venture.

In name, on the crucifix, and in art, Jesus Christ is desecrated in the most twisted and obscene of ways. In movies, on television and online, Christians are portrayed in the most dishonest, prejudiced and insulting of ways.

Across the country, Christian colleges are under constant assault from “social justice warriors” seeking to strip their accreditation and put them out of business.

Christian groups on campus are at times being persecuted, their offices and handouts vandalized, with members even being physically assaulted.

In a nation that is still majority Christian, those who follow the faith have been litigated or brow-beaten into being fearful to utter the words “Merry Christmas,” or to display a Nativity scene celebrating the one and only reason there is a Christmas Day.

Want to stay true to your Christian faith in the most innocuous and giving of ways?

To do so is becoming more perilous by the minute, when you stop to ponder just a sampling of the negative consequences. For example:

A high school football coach is fired for taking a knee in prayer. A teacher is fired for giving a Bible to a student who requested it. A Marine is cursed at and then court-martialed for not removing a Bible verse from her computer. Another Bible verse posted by sailors in a military hospital is labeled “extremism.”

For me personally, I continue to be ridiculed for writing and speaking about a vision I had regarding the 40 days after the resurrection.

If you are a practicing Christian in the United States and open about it, you, your congregation and your organization will become a target of some sort. It is only a matter of time.

Ironically, in some very real and ominous ways, it’s as if we are being transported back to ancient Rome.

Will we soon have to meet with fellow Christians in secret? Will we have to whisper our beliefs from the shadows? Will those Christians with “traditional” beliefs lose their jobs and livelihoods if discovered?

As more and more of the mainstream media, entertainment, academia and the hi-tech world continue to purge or discriminate against Christians, what future job fields will be open to young Christians?

Will those Christian children eventually be forced to renounce or deny their faith in order to get a job and provide for their families?

As a Christian, I truly do have the deepest respect for every faith. The vast majority of people of every faith are beyond good and do seek to follow the golden rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...emain-christian.html

I agree with most of this diatribe. I think good Christains get the bad end if the stick. Good Christains are incredible people. But when Jim Bakker, Pat Robertson, Jimmy Swaggart are on
the air making money with their distortions and lies, they are no better than isis or the worst terrorist organizations on earth. Good christians need to get together, ban these evangelical monsters and stop supporing trump. That’s when I’ll truly support them.

HB

Posts: 22265 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Just for fun. It starts a little slow, but stay with it. It will most certainly wake you up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oin0djnH0OM

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:
quote:

"WONDERING" or "WANDERING" (lost, in the wilderness of his own making)? Smile   :)

Yep. But I know his game.

Had lots of them playing it on the Amazon forum. He ain't got a forum virgin here, no siree.