Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Religion & Spirituality    How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
 Login/Register

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
The part I take issue with is:
"Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base.

The prevailing view in much of the media is that Christianity is aligned with Republicans, conservatives, or the views of President Trump – and therefore must be diminished and made suspect."

Truth is, Christianity is losing respect because of the REPUBLICANS' giving it lip service rather than living it. THEY are the ones who are weakening the faith at its base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4060 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder why a Liberal who hates religion started this topic.

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113693 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:

There you go WONDERING again. LOOK IT UP!
"WONDERING" or "WANDERING" (lost, in the wilderness of his own making)? Smile   :)

https://youtu.be/mA73oyWm5gg

Posts: 5034 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
When people down play radical Islamic terrorism, I have to wonder what's up with that.
And when hypocritical assh*oles play down radical right wing terrorism against christians in Central America, even cheer it and pump their fist in the air when a dirty fascist b*stard like Reagan funds it with our money and again cheers when convicted Ollie North skates on multiple felony charges for facilitating the murder of priests and the rape of nuns..... I certainly do question ones "christian" morals.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12467 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base.

The prevailing view in much of the media is that Christianity is aligned with Republicans, conservatives, or the views of President Trump – and therefore must be diminished and made suspect."

Truth is, Christianity is losing respect because of the REPUBLICANS' giving it lip service rather than living it. THEY are the ones who are weakening the faith at its base.

Perhaps they are trying to get the group back down to 144,000?

Posts: 5034 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:

"Religion" is what creates idiots. LIVING FAITH is what changes everything.

Posts: 4060 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
When people down play radical Islamic terrorism, I have to wonder what's up with that.
And when hypocritical assh*oles play down radical right wing terrorism against christians in Central America, even cheer it and pump their fist in the air when a dirty fascist b*stard like Reagan funds it with our money and again cheers when convicted Ollie North skates on multiple felony charges for facilitating the murder of priests and the rape of nuns..... I certainly do question ones "christian" morals.

https://www.amazon.com/Christi...ords=christian+jihad

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:

They politicize it and exploit it to achieve political ends. Trucky is doing that in this very thread and where will it end? In some cases exactly where Perro is talking about.

Dixie

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 55762 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:

Perhaps they are trying to get the group back down to 144,000?

I don't think they have any clue whatsoever as to what they are doing, but they seem to be working toward the legislation of a so-called Christian Values agenda. What they are actually accomplishing is a clearing of the pews in many of the churches.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:

Thanks for that Perro.

…There's a difference in "playing down" radical Islamic terrorism and putting it in perspective. Trucky can't understand that difference.

Dixie

Posts: 55762 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
They politicize it and exploit it to achieve political ends. Trucky is doing that in this very thread and where will it end? In some cases exactly where Perro is talking about.

Dixie

Yep. See my post to Reed...

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dixie

Yes, I did read that and I agree. Don't know what the 144,000 number she mentions is though.

Dix

Zealot...
posted Hide Post
quote:

stfu idiot.

HV

Posts: 22265 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dixie

Yes, I did read that and I agree. Don't know what the 144,000 number she mentions is though.

Dix

Ahhh, the 144,000:
Revelation 7:2 "Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel."

Some seem to believe that literally only 144,000 will be "sealed for arrival to heaven" while others believe that there will literally be 144,000 Jews who will "preach the Gospel" after the "true church" (themselves, of course) is raptured out just prior to their theologically invented "7-year tribulation" on earth while they view the carnage from the balconies of heaven.

Yeah, I know. I still shake my head every time I hear, see, or type it!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dixie

Dix

That's a good thing! The need to rely on Revelation to tell you how many "people" will be the choosen is part of several literal Christian beliefs. Some claim the number is literally all that will be in "heaven". The fact that you don't recognize the number means you haven't been subjected to those arguments or the arguments about how there are other levels of heaven, or a hundred other ways one rationalizes why they are right (the chosen ones) and you aren't!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a good thing!

Yeah, it is a good thing, for sure!

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a good thing! The need to rely on Revelation to tell you how many "people" will be the choosen is part of several literal Christian beliefs. Some claim the number is literally all that will be in "heaven". The fact that you don't recognize the number means you haven't been subjected to those arguments or the arguments about how there are other levels of heaven, or a hundred other ways one rationalizes why they are right (the chosen ones) and you aren't!

I don't rely on Revelation for anything. I don't go there. Life is confusing enough already.

Dixie

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't rely on Revelation for anything. I don't go there. Life is confusing enough already.

Dixie

Revelation is no more confusing, to me, than most of my dreams! Which should give you some idea of how my dreams don't hang together either!!! To take much of any vision literal seems "odd" at best. Seems to me we had several Kings that needed their dreams interpretted and those examples seem to show that literal is not what they are about!!!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dixie

There are many messages in the Book of Revelation, NONE of them literal since it is written the Jewish literary apocalyptic form which is not intended to be taken literally. Much of the message is under the text.

A guy posted this on the Amazon forum a number of years back: The following is from a booklet I read on the 144,000 a long time ago:

"Here are the names of the tribes listed for the 144,000, in the order in which Revelation 7 lists them, and their corresponding Hebrew meanings as found in Scripture:

1. Judah means "I will praise the Lord"
2. Ruben means "He has looked on me"
3. Gad means "Given good fortune"
4. Asher means "Happy am I"
5. Naphtali means "My wrestling"
6. Manasseh means "Making me to forget"
7. Simeon means "God hears me"
8. Levi means "Joined to me"
9. Issachar means "Purchased Me"
10. Zebulun means "Dwelling"
11. Joseph means "Will add to me"
12. Benjamin means "Son of His right hand"

Now here is the amazing part. Notice what happens when you line up these meanings of the names according to the way they appear as listed in Revelation. It forms a very remarkable statement declaring how God saves the church as His bride!

"I will praise the Lord for he has looked on me and granted good fortune. I am happy because of my wrestling, God is making me to forget. God hears me and is joined to me. He has purchased me a dwelling and will add to me, the Son of His right hand."

(As in Scripture, the words supplied for flow of thought.)"

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Revelation is no more confusing, to me, than most of my dreams! Which should give you some idea of how my dreams don't hang together either!!! To take much of any vision literal seems "odd" at best. Seems to me we had several Kings that needed their dreams interpretted and those examples seem to show that literal is not what they are about!!!

Offered to help out a homeless man one time and asked him what else he needed (winter was setting in). He said he needed a "union suit" and a "Bible with the Apocalypse in it" but that it had to be one with large print because of his eyesight issues.

I had no idea what a union suit was so I asked around at work and found out that's what they call a thermal one-piece undergarment used in cold weather. Got one. Rummaged through all my Bibles to find the print size that he needed and scrounged up a flashlight and magnifying glass just in case.

He was an old Vietnam veteran just dragging his bones around when I met him to deliver his goods, but he walked away with a spring in his step and the Bible tucked firmly under his arm just looking for a place to sit and read!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Offered to help out a homeless man one time and asked him what else he needed (winter was setting in). He said he needed a "union suit" and a "Bible with the Apocalypse in it" but that it had to be one with large print because of his eyesight issues.

I had no idea what a union suit was so I asked around at work and found out that's what they call a thermal one-piece undergarment used in cold weather. Got one. Rummaged through all my Bibles to find the print size that he needed and scrounged up a flashlight and magnifying glass just in case.

He was an old Vietnam veteran just dragging his bones around when I met him to deliver his goods, but he walked away with a spring in his step and the Bible tucked firmly under his arm just looking for a place to sit and read!

I hear that! Btw, did spell check get you or did he mean he wanted Revelation in it! I’d heard union suit when I was younger but I’m not sure where. My vision is of a red full body garment with a trap door, so to speak.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hear that! Btw, did spell check get you or did he mean he wanted Revelation in it! I’d heard union suit when I was younger but I’m not sure where. My vision is of a red full body garment with a trap door, so to speak.

Apocalypse is from the Greek apokálypsis which means uncover or reveal, ergo Revelation. He actually used the word "Apocalypse" when he asked.

And yeah, I had seen union suits in winter catalogs, but they were usually listed as thermal underwear. A few still list them as union suits though:
Union Suit

Now go to bed so I can get some sleep! Smile   :)

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Apocalypse is from the Greek apokálypsis which means uncover or reveal, ergo Revelation. He actually used the word "Apocalypse" when he asked.

And yeah, I had seen union suits in winter catalogs, but they were usually listed as thermal underwear. A few still list them as union suits though:
Union Suit

Now go to bed so I can get some sleep! Smile   :)

I though you already had, gone to bed. Good nite!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I though you already had, gone to bed. Good nite!

Good night and God bless!

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
You're politicizing it. Tsk...tsk...tsk.

quote:
An ardent campaigner for social justice,

You have a problem with social justice?

You don't think social justice is Christian????

Roll Eyes   :rolleyes:

Dixie

I don't want others deciding who and what I aid.

As usual, you're making it all about yourself. How pathetic is that?

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48829 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post