Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Religion & Spirituality    How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

How long will I be allowed to remain a Christian?
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
When people down play radical Islamic terrorism, I have to wonder what's up with that.
And when hypocritical assh*oles play down radical right wing terrorism against christians in Central America, even cheer it and pump their fist in the air when a dirty fascist b*stard like Reagan funds it with our money and again cheers when convicted Ollie North skates on multiple felony charges for facilitating the murder of priests and the rape of nuns..... I certainly do question ones "christian" morals.

Thanks for that Perro.

…There's a difference in "playing down" radical Islamic terrorism and putting it in perspective. Trucky can't understand that difference.

Dixie

It's also interesting that those who play down radical Islamic terrorism are the same people who want to disarm law abiding Americans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113715 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
quote:
quote:
When people down play radical Islamic terrorism, I have to wonder what's up with that.
And when hypocritical assh*oles play down radical right wing terrorism against christians in Central America, even cheer it and pump their fist in the air when a dirty fascist b*stard like Reagan funds it with our money and again cheers when convicted Ollie North skates on multiple felony charges for facilitating the murder of priests and the rape of nuns..... I certainly do question ones "christian" morals.

Thanks for that Perro.

…There's a difference in "playing down" radical Islamic terrorism and putting it in perspective. Trucky can't understand that difference.

Dixie

It's also interesting that those who play down radical Islamic terrorism are the same people who want to disarm law abiding Americans.

Not true. Get a grip.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48842 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It 's also interesting that those who play down radical Islamic terrorism are the same people who want to disarm law abiding Americans.
Nope. So why do you enjoy when christian clergy are murdered and raped by thugs your country hired?

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12470 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
They politicize it and exploit it to achieve political ends. Trucky is doing that in this very thread and where will it end? In some cases exactly where Perro is talking about.

Dixie

This piece highlights the difference between the religious left and right so perfectly:

In his prayer at the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem last week, a prayer delivered against a backdrop of violence in Gaza, the evangelical pastor Robert Jeffress said Donald Trump was a moral leader who stood “on the right side of you, oh God”.

Half a world away, outside the Capitol in Washington, the Rev William Barber led a moment of silence for the 60 Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers.

As one group of faith leaders celebrates the fruits of a decades-long alliance with the Republican party, another is mounting a multi-faith challenge to the dominance of the Christian right, an attempt to recapture the moral agenda.

“There is no religious left and religious right,” Barber, a pastor and political leader in North Carolina, told the Guardian. “There is only a moral center. And the scripture is very clear about where you have to be to be in the moral center – you have to be on the side of the poor, the working, the sick, the immigrant.”

Christian Religious Left

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4065 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
They politicize it and exploit it to achieve political ends. Trucky is doing that in this very thread and where will it end? In some cases exactly where Perro is talking about.

Dixie

This piece highlights the difference between the religious left and right so perfectly:

In his prayer at the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem last week, a prayer delivered against a backdrop of violence in Gaza, the evangelical pastor Robert Jeffress said Donald Trump was a moral leader who stood “on the right side of you, oh God”.

Half a world away, outside the Capitol in Washington, the Rev William Barber led a moment of silence for the 60 Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers.

As one group of faith leaders celebrates the fruits of a decades-long alliance with the Republican party, another is mounting a multi-faith challenge to the dominance of the Christian right, an attempt to recapture the moral agenda.

“There is no religious left and religious right,” Barber, a pastor and political leader in North Carolina, told the Guardian. “There is only a moral center. And the scripture is very clear about where you have to be to be in the moral center – you have to be on the side of the poor, the working, the sick, the immigrant.”

Christian Religious Left
Thanks for that, JR (and to everyone for this discussion). And, as just another example, from KJV:NT:Matthew
quote:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me:
I was sick, and ye visited me:
I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
So, what is it that these self-righteous so-called "christians" do not get? They always seem to be so self-absorbed, so afraid that there won't be enough for themselves, so down-right asinine, so blind that they can not see...

P.S.

And, I think the opposite of the above acts yield the same result ("ye have done it unto me")...

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
The bishop was born in Chicago in 1953

I wonder if he has the same view of the United States as Obama's former pastor.

Quit wondering and LOOK IT UP!

Good one!

Bwahaha  :bwa:

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29557 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:

quote:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

So, what is it that these self-righteous so-called "christians" do not get? They always seem to be so self-absorbed, so afraid that there won't be enough for themselves, so down-right asinine, so blind that they can not see...

And there you have it; Matt 25:35-40, "Living Faith" in a nutshell.

quote:
    P.S.

And, I think the opposite of the above acts yield the same result ("ye have done it unto me")...

Absolutely.
    Matt 25:41-46
    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Posts: 4065 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
    quote:
    quote:

https://www.amazon.com/Christi...ords=christian+jihad

I missed this post last night and I'm sorry that I did. I read Doner's book a couple of years ago and man-o-man did he hit the nail on the head on this one. I see the truth in what he says every time I hear the right-wing televangelists or family members spew their loaded and divisive rhetoric.

Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I have to wonder why a Liberal who hates religion started this topic.

There is nothing to wonder about. This crusade of poor xtians being persecuted is laughable. Yet stupid people like you that eat out of the toilet accept it as fact.

You know I grew up catholic and I can now call myself a catholic cause the pope said you don’t have to believe in god to get to heaven.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

•  
    Posts: 29557 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post

Dang, I was hoping some "christian" frightie would discover (or rediscover) that. But, no foul no harm, IT IS OUT THERE NOW! Wink   ;)

Let's see now, what else...

Oh, it doesn't say that Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, LGBTQs, Muslims, Women, Immigrants, LIBS, DEMS, or poor in America (and across the planet) are EXCLUDED from being "brethren"... neither does it say, for example, that only WHITE MALE NRA members are "brethren".

...just sayin'

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    The bishop was born in Chicago in 1953

I wonder if he has the same view of the United States as Obama's former pastor.

Quit wondering and LOOK IT UP!

Good one!

Bwahaha  :bwa:

It's the response he should get every single time he posts one of those lame "I was wondering" posts, IMHO.

Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    The part I take issue with is:
    "Here in the United States, Christians and Christianity are mocked, belittled, smeared and attacked by some on a daily basis. This is a bigoted practice that is not only increasing exponentially, but is being encouraged and sanctioned by a number on the left.

Too many of those who worship at the altar of political correctness have deemed that Christianity should no longer be respected. Rather, they assail it on a regular basis in a coordinated campaign to weaken the faith and its base.

The prevailing view in much of the media is that Christianity is aligned with Republicans, conservatives, or the views of President Trump – and therefore must be diminished and made suspect."

Truth is, Christianity is losing respect because of the REPUBLICANS' giving it lip service rather than living it. THEY are the ones who are weakening the faith at its base.

Dixie

That’s why I think they should pay taxes.

•  
    AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    BAL,

If they keep this up, you are right.

I think another blow to religion, Christianity in particular, will be their financial haul in view of the new Tax law. They are bound to suffer along with private charity in which case it's likely to put more burden on government services.

Dixie

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 55784 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Steadfast...
    Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    It's a beautiful faith

It was until Liberals decided it needed to be changed. That's when I left the Presbyterian church that I'd been a member of for years.

You forgot the most important "based on love and tolerance" part. You know, that part you frightie righties reserve only for yourselves.

Would you not admit a measurable level of intolerance of conservatives from the left?

If we stop listening to the other side, no matter how much we disagree, then we will grow further and further apart and solutions that we all want will never be found.

Posts: 16568 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Would you not admit a measurable level of intolerance of conservatives from the left?

Not of conservatives in general, just intolerance of hate and bigotry, so intolerance of conservatives only applies if you consider hate and bigotry an inherent part of being "conservative". Is it?

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12470 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ictalurus Punctatus:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    It's a beautiful faith

It was until Liberals decided it needed to be changed. That's when I left the Presbyterian church that I'd been a member of for years.

You forgot the most important "based on love and tolerance" part. You know, that part you frightie righties reserve only for yourselves.

Jesus showed little tolerance for the thinly veiled underlying hatred that the religious and political self-righteous of his day were passing off as godly.

Jesus exposed the bigotry of Israel in the story of the Good Samaritan. He exposed the inequity of the law in the story of the woman who had been caught in adultery. And he exposed the tithe collectors as hypocrites for neglecting the weightier matters of justice, mercy and faithfulness.

The religious and political right in these United States suffer from the very same hatred for their fellow man. One cannot truthfully call themselves a Christian and dismiss the directive to "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." It simply isn't possible.

And do notice that directive in no way limits "others" to any favored group, therefore it includes ALL OF HUMANITY. Yet the right reserved it for only themselves.

It needs to be exposed.

Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

Not of conservatives in general, just intolerance of hate and bigotry, so intolerance of conservatives only applies if you consider hate and bigotry an inherent part of being "conservative". Is it?

Exactly.

Steadfast...
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

Hate and bigotry are not core principles of conservatives. But a good proportion os the left paints those attributes onto conservatives because the left can’t formulate a debate without them.

If we stop listening to the other side, no matter how much we disagree, then we will grow further and further apart and solutions that we all want will never be found.

Posts: 16568 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

Hate and bigotry are not core principles of conservatives. But a good proportion os the left paints those attributes onto conservatives because the left can’t formulate a debate without them.

I don't believe bigotry and hatred are core principles of the right, and I'm pretty sure I've never said that. But you're not going to like what I do believe any better.

In recent years, the GOP has become a two-part party. One part, the establishment leadership (or RINOs, as TruCon would say), is out to enrich itself. That's it.

The other part is the base, that the leadership needs for purposes of attaining political power, and that it gins up by appealing to, yes, the bigotry of its base (among other things). The leadership gets the base to support tax cuts by saying to them: "Your lives will improve once we cut benefits to the non-white poor, close our doors to refugees, and run would-be immigrants out on a rail."

So hatred and bigotry? Those are but tools, not principles. GOTV (get out the vote) tools, you might say. The central, organizing principle, by way of contrast, is to enrich the wealthy.

You aren't among the wealthy, Dewey. Your life might become a little more comfortable here or there, but that's it. So basically you're a member of the base.

Now, I don't actually think you're hateful or bigoted. Certainly not in a way that's going to cause anybody any heartache. What I think, though, is that you've aligned yourself with the GOP for reasons I don't really understand. Maybe it goes back to the days when the GOP really did have some principles. But now, my guess is you simply find it necessary and acceptable to tolerate the bigotry your party uses as red meat for the base so that you can remain a member.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40808 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

As for the left not being able to "formulate a debate without them," please. I've heard too much about "liberal tears" to think the right, in general, is interested in debate.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40808 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Steadfast...
    posted Hide Post
    Thank you for the thoughtful post LD.

AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    and run would-be immigrants out on a rail."

The illegal ones?

Posts: 113715 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    and run would-be immigrants out on a rail."
    The illegal ones?

Sure, if you want. Then we can deport the ones who arrived legally and then violated their visa by working illegally. Like Melania. Gets different when you make it personal, doesn't it.

AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    My problem is that Liberals want to reward the illegals already here without stopping more from flooding in.

Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    My problem is that Liberals want to reward the illegals already here without stopping more from flooding in.

So, how do you stop more from coming? That's the question. Some attractive countries found ways of having logical immigration control without building a big, beautiful (and exorbitantly expensive) wall. Canada, for instance... and Japan. Part of their solution is to make it extremely difficult to seek employment illegally by coming down very hard on illegal employers. Here many people are so obsessed about Pedro sneaking through the desert, but so indifferent on the demand side they'll make an illegal employer president and laud his business savvy--- while still incessantly whining about illegals.