Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Religion & Spirituality    The U.S. a Christian Theocracy?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The U.S. a Christian Theocracy?
 Login/Register

Admin
posted

Is it now?

Should it be?

Why / Why not?

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
Define Theocracy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Every time a Liberal uses the word “ impeach “ it's another vote for Trump for 2020.
what part of “ No Collusion “ “ No Obstruction” don't you understand ? I haven't seen Democrats this mad since Republicans freed their slaves.

If all the accusations against President Trump were true he'd dang near qualify to be a Democrat!

Posts: 3773 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
The U.S. a Christian Theocracy?
No it is not, neither should it be.

Frankly; I think any theocracy does a severe injustice to the people of any nation and to the world at large for that matter. Throughout history countless millions have met their deaths because of belief-in and the attempt to convert all others to one religion or another.

IMO, Secular Humanism is a far better approach to governance of a society/state/nation.

I am not saying that anyone shouldn't be free to choose whatever belief system fits their needs; in fact, that would be impossible to prevent. I am saying that attempting to force all others to that belief system is clearly wrong (even insane).

...just my 2¢   :2cents:

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Define Theocracy.

Ok, I'll do it so we all know we are on the same page and in agreement of exactly what we are discussing. Please read the below definition and voice your objections or for ever hold your peace.

quote:
the·oc·ra·cy
THēˈäkrəsē/
noun
noun: theocracy; plural noun: theocracies
1. a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god.
the commonwealth of Israel from the time of Moses until the election of Saul as King.

Q: The U.S. a Christian Theocracy? ( Q. assumed : IS the US a Christian theocracy? )
A: No

Q: Is it now?

Should it be?

Q: Why / Why not?
A: Not, Because, to do so would be against the US Constitution.

Every time a Liberal uses the word “ impeach “ it's another vote for Trump for 2020.
what part of “ No Collusion “ “ No Obstruction” don't you understand ? I haven't seen Democrats this mad since Republicans freed their slaves.

If all the accusations against President Trump were true he'd dang near qualify to be a Democrat!

Posts: 3773 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
Secular Humanism, as defined:
noun: secular humanism
quote:
humanism, with regard in particular to the belief that humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment without belief in God.

With no foundation for humanity as a whole to believe in, other then what one believe individually collectively, humanity is NOT capable of morality but is capable of only “ self-fulfillment “ individually. Unless of course all of humanity holds exactly all the same beliefs equally. Which has never happened nor will it ever because mankind has a free will.
The short of it is:
Secular humanism allows all individuals to set there own morality for their own self fulfillment.
In other words it allows anyone to do as the damn well please.

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
the almighty dollar is most americans' god, mega-corporations and politicians are its priests.

now run along before I smite you. LOL!

check both O.T. & N.T. "ye are gods"

Posts: 38 | Location: under the covers | Mbr Since: 01-10-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
If the dollar was almighty, we wouldn't have inflation. Wink   ;)

Posts: 9065 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
yes, but with inflation comes more dollar printing and that means reproduction without having sex and only god can do that, well, until the almighty dollar replaced god ;-)

check both O.T. & N.T. "ye are gods"

Posts: 38 | Location: under the covers | Mbr Since: 01-10-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
quote:
humanism, with regard in particular to the belief that humanity is capable of morality and self-fulfillment without belief in God.

With no foundation for humanity as a whole to believe in, other then what one believe individually collectively, humanity is NOT capable of morality but is capable of only “ self-fulfillment “ individually. Unless of course all of humanity holds exactly all the same beliefs equally. Which has never happened nor will it ever because mankind has a free will.
The short of it is:
Secular humanism allows all individuals to set there own morality for their own self fulfillment.

The allegation of humans behaving as they damn well please is a common misconception.

The reality is that all evolved social/tribal animals, of which the **** sapiens Great Ape is but one, are genetically programmed (from the life experience of their ancestors) to act in a way which benefits the tribe.

That works perfectly for all herd/school/troupe life forms, as it did for our ancestors for millions of years; until we started farming some 15,000 years ago and eventually developed the concept of private ownership, a concept alien to everything our ancestors were accustomed to.

Then the Middle East was invaded by patriarchal nomadic cattle-herding Indo-Europeans from the north and patriarchal nomadic Semitic goat-herding tribes from Africa.

The northern invaders compromised with the settled farmers, marrying their gods off to the farming goddesses.

The Africans, however, refused, and went to war.

That is when everything fell apart.

From then on, the former community-controlled cultures were taken over by the political and religious leaders, who replaced the mythology-based behaviour-management cultures with the politico-religious behaviour-control cultures.

Downhill all the way ever since, because those cultures can not adapt themselves to contemporary needs and we now find ourselves pretty much as individuals faced with the overwhelming power of the multi-nationals and their sycophants.]

Be interesting to see just how much money those companies spend to control the USA Governments.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1636 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then the Middle East was invaded by patriarchal nomadic cattle-herding Indo-Europeans from the north and patriarchal nomadic Semitic goat-herding tribes from Africa.

The northern invaders compromised with the settled farmers, marrying their gods off to the farming goddesses.

Could you explain a bit more of this at least so I can look it up? It isn’t that I don’t agree, but my world history is grossly lacking!

Posts: 5469 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:

Could you explain a bit more of this at least so I can look it up? It isn’t that I don’t agree, but my world history is grossly lacking!

At your service, m'dear.

Pretty sure it was a favourite Robert Graves' book I was re-reading when I came across this. It's the sort of thing Graves throws off as an aside when exploring a bigger subject. My Confirmation Bias and I love it when he is expounding on Greek mythology then elaborates with quotes from other mythologies -- including the Bible :-)

Have set this site aside for later (time to feed the birds) however, this extract looks as if it might be what we need:

http://www.historyonlinenow.co...Chapter3Section1.htm
Between the 4th and 3rd millennia B.C., a great many peoples began to move around in western Asia in larger numbers than ever before. They came from two major linguistic groups and two different areas: peoples speaking related Indo-European languages from north of the Black Sea; and peoples speaking related Semitic languages from the Arabian and Syrian deserts.

That will have to do for starters; still think the region around what is now Turkey holds far more keys than anyone so far has been willing to acknowledge. The Hittites are just one example of a people we ignore all too often simply because the Hebrews hated them along with everyone else.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1636 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
quote:

The short of it is:

The allegation of humans behaving as they damn well please is a common misconception.

The reality is that all evolved social/tribal animals, of which the **** sapiens Great Ape is but one, are genetically programmed (from the life experience of their ancestors) to act in a way which benefits the tribe.

That works perfectly for all herd/school/troupe life forms, as it did for our ancestors for millions of years; until we started farming some 15,000 years ago and eventually developed the concept of private ownership, a concept alien to everything our ancestors were accustomed to.

That is when everything fell apart.

From then on, the former community-controlled cultures were taken over by the political and religious leaders, who replaced the mythology-based behaviour-management cultures with the politico-religious behaviour-control cultures.

Downhill all the way ever since,
because those cultures can not adapt themselves to contemporary needs and we now find ourselves pretty much as individuals faced with the overwhelming power of the multi-nationals and their sycophants.]

Be interesting to see just how much money those companies spend to control the USA Governments.
Well said (obviously, I agree)!