Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Travel    Book Review-India/Let Me Carry You Home
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Book Review-India/Let Me Carry You Home
 Login/Register

Forum Host
posted
Let Me Carry You Home vividly captures the breath and scope of Indian life and culture, and many of its mind-riveting destinations, while the author undertakes a metaphysical journey to discover her personal truth. Her well-detailed odyssey, written in the first person, takes readers through teeming cities and peaceful retreats, thought-provoking ashrams, and venerable temples.
Descriptions of her adventures and experiences have an often stunning vibrancy. Her intimate observations are candid and revealing about virtually every aspect of life including hygienic facilities. Fascinating insights enliven many pages. Gurus, sadhus, beggars and other memorable characters illustrate the pulse and vitality of the subcontinent as the author assesses her own spiritual and physical progression. One learns a great deal about the Hindu pantheon of gods and goddesses and ways of worship. The Buddha, Buddhism and awe-inspiring stupas complement the remarkable immersion into the deeper meanings of these religions. The Hari Krishna group, and the art and practice of yoga (the author is a yoga teacher) round out a thoughtful and intricate passage through one of the world’s most mystical countries.
Among the destinations described with a sharp eye include Mumbai, Jaipur and Varanasi. Other places of interest take in the Amber Fort, Dungeshari Cave, Hawa Mahal, and Bodh Gaya.
The 226-page paperback ($19.95) was published by Ars Metaphysica, an imprint of Sunbury Press.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack Adler, Host

Posts: 1014 | Location: North Hollywood, CA, U.S. | Mbr Since: 10-24-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post