Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Travel    Kilauea Volcano threatens the "Big Island"
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Kilauea Volcano threatens the "Big Island"
 Login/Register

Aavid
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Lava Swallows Car

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

Posts: 29942 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
Fox 13, Tampa ran a time lapse video of the lava engulfing a parked car.

God damn America

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29462 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
    I was there in 84-85 when Kilauea really active. In fact, we took a flight from Honolulu to the big island. It was a one day excursion and well worth it.

More so than now?

DC

I really dont know at this point.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

•  
    Posts: 29462 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of True Conservative
    posted Hide Post
    New volcanic fissure reported in Hawaii while residents brace for possible major eruption

quote:
    A new volcanic fissure opened up Monday on Hawaii's Big Island — bringing the total up to 19 — as fears continue to grow that one of the world's most active volcanoes is headed toward a major eruption.

Hawaii Civil Defense officials said the new fissure was located near the Lanipuna Garden Estates area, a northeastern side closest to the geothermal plant on the Big Island. The latest fissure is between fissures 15 and 16.

Civil Defense officials added that fissure 17, which opened over the weekend, is still active.

Link

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113452 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    This is the 1st RED ALERT that has been issued since this most recent Kilauea activity started.

DJT's THEME SONG:

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post

Tweets about #kilauea @kenhrubin
    quote:

DJT's THEME SONG:

Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    god must be punishing Hawaii for Obama?

•  
    Aavid
    Picture of Gus Rodgers
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It’s just common sense.

But why doesn’t He punish Kenya?

Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

Posts: 29942 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It’s just common sense.

But why doesn’t He punish Kenya?

Perhaps because only idiots bought into trump's birther alternative facts, and a goodly number still believe it even after he said "oh, just forget about that." Fortunately god is harder to fool.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12434 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of True Conservative
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

For making his birth certificate inaccessible?

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113452 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    Picture of Gus Rodgers
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by True Conservative:
    quote:

For making his birth certificate inaccessible?
    Oh, please. What nonsense.

Any court in America would have accepted the short form birth certificate as proof that Obama was born in Hawaii and the old birth announcements from Honolulu newspapers corroborated it. Ever single birther lawsuit was laughed out of court.

Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    I think God is mad too. He's furious with Americans after all he's done for us we had to elect a degenerate like Donald Trump.

To make things right, he wants a human sacrifice.

I have at least one nomination. It would be quite easy to find him, put him aboard a flight (Tampa, non-stop to Honolulu) and perch him on the edge of the crater. You'd do it for your country, wouldn't you Trucky?

Dixie Chick

PS: I'll donate a half million frequent flyer miles to the cause.

Estoy Contigo

Posts: 55605 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post

An observation, FWIW:

Once he enters the fires, I strongly suspect the smoke & stench would not rise to the heavens (so to speak), but would be unpleasing and thus rejected by god (whatever that is presently perceived, by the individual, to be)... just as CAIN's sacrifice was rejected. For CAIN is completely and forever asleep to the ONENESS of all.

CAIN killed ABLE and went to dwell in the land of NOD (asleep, not ABLE to connect with THE SOURCE)

CAIN = ego mundane self
    ABLE = spiritual, highest self
    KILLED = completely surpressed spiritualness

IOW:
      the fear-filled and hateful of all others SELF simply can not and is forbidden to connect with THE SOURCE

ABLE, otoh, is always connected, i.e., is one with THE SOURCE
    The task at hand is for us to surrender/subdue EGO and thus be ABLE to move beyond this mundane realm... until we do the cycle repeats.

...we now return you to your accepted perception of all that is and will be

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Explosive eruption at Kilauea summit sends ash 5 miles into air

An explosive eruption at Kilauea's summit Thursday morning sent an ash plume soaring 30,000 feet into the air, and officials warn that ongoing emissions — and future eruptions — could send ash falling over portions of the Big Island.

Michelle Coombs, of the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory, said the explosion about 4:15 a.m. at Halemaumau Crater was powerful but short-lived, which meant levels of ash dropping on surrounding communities were not as significant as officials had feared.

But she stressed that additional steam-induced eruptions are possible.

"It's a real dynamic situation up there," Coombs told reporters Thursday. "The one this morning is definitely the biggest we've seen so far."

After the explosion, the National Weather Service issued an ashfall advisory for parts of the Big Island, saying ash accumulation less than one quarter of an inch was possible through at least 6 p.m. But the advisory was cancelled by about 11:30 a.m.
    This ongoing event is bound to be affecting air traffic as well...

DJT's THEME SONG:

AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:

An observation, FWIW:

Once he enters the fires, I strongly suspect the smoke & stench would not rise to the heavens (so to speak), but would be unpleasing and thus rejected by god (whatever that is presently perceived, by the individual, to be)....

ROTF   :rotf:

Yeah, and the sacrifice is supposed to be a virgin....

Oh well.

Dixie

Estoy Contigo

Posts: 55605 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:

An observation, FWIW:

Once he enters the fires, I strongly suspect the smoke & stench would not rise to the heavens (so to speak), but would be unpleasing and thus rejected by god (whatever that is presently perceived, by the individual, to be)....

ROTF   :rotf:

Yeah, and the sacrifice is supposed to be a virgin....

Oh well.

Dixie
    Good point (virgin)... Pele (the Fire Goddess) likely would just spit him out (completely reject him)!

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Kilauea Volcano: New Fissures Open, 'Ballistic' Eruption Possible

The 21st and 22nd fissures opened after Thursday's explosive Kilauea Volcano sent ash 30,000 in the sky; another eruption is possible.

DJT's THEME SONG:

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Hawaii lava finally reaches the Pacific -- only to create another deadly danger

First it was catastrophic lava. Then it was sulfur dioxide. Now Big Island residents have yet another danger to worry about.

Laze -- a mashup of "lava" and "haze" -- is a nasty product formed when hot lava hits the ocean, sending hydrochloric acid and volcanic glass particles into the air.

And now it's a real threat after lava crossed Highway 137 late Saturday night and entered the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian Volcano Observatory said.

Laze can cause lung, eye and skin irritation. And it has proven deadly in the past.

"This hot, corrosive gas mixture caused two deaths immediately adjacent to the coastal entry point in 2000, when seawater washed across recent and active lava flows," the HVO said.

Officials are warning people to stay away from areas where lava meets the ocean. But further inland, residents have other problems.

The HVO also reported sulfur dioxide emissions have tripled.

Because of lava entering the ocean, the US Coast Guard enforced a Lava Entry Safety Zone Sunday for the navigable waters around the Kilauea Volcano. A Coast Guard news release says the safety zone includes all waters extending about 300 meters around the entry of the lava flow.

DJT's THEME SONG:

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    This could be another Eyjafjallajökull (2010) if it's not there already.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
    Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48739 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post