Aantares
Just How Scary Are Things?

This topic can be found at:
http://aantares.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4360026096/m/2210025496

06-19-2019, 08:12 PM
Holy Bhagworm
Just How Scary Are Things?
This is a question for my liberal (intelligent) friends here.

The horrible monster is way more horrible than anything Shakespeare could've dreamed up...and the consequences are being felt by the citizens of a great country with great expectations. Our country is in fact the most altruistic and greatest power that ever existed. We are watching it fall apart right in front of our eyes in the last 2 years.

I think it's scary and definitely an emergency.

HB
06-21-2019, 09:15 AM
That JR Thang
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:

The horrible monster is way more horrible than anything Shakespeare could've dreamed up...and the consequences are being felt by the citizens of a great country with great expectations. Our country is in fact the most altruistic and greatest power that ever existed. We are watching it fall apart right in front of our eyes in the last 2 years.

HB

I agree, it's scary.

But the fact is, there is a segment of our society who are self centered and fearful of the fast-paced changes occurring within our progressive society.

Their minds are lazy and they refuse to make the effort to understand, nor attempt to find their place in the progression, nor do they understand that the world will NEVER wait for them to catch up.

Remember Obama's rally cry was "Change." It scared the bejesus out of them. The liddle donnie's rally cry was "MAGA." What they envision when they hear that is "going back to where we were before;" a time and place where they were more comfortable.

They fear change more than just about anything else simply because they refuse to progress/evolve with those changes. They are getting left behind and they know it, but they also don't understand it.

It's not a good place to be. I'm not so sure the liddle donnie really understands their predicament. Seems to me that he simply instinctively found their weakness, and just as instinctively, played upon it to his own ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
06-28-2019, 04:56 PM
Holy Bhagworm
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:

HB

I agree, it's scary.

But the fact is, there is a segment of our society who are self centered and fearful of the fast-paced changes occurring within our progressive society.

Their minds are lazy and they refuse to make the effort to understand, nor attempt to find their place in the progression, nor do they understand that the world will NEVER wait for them to catch up.

Remember Obama's rally cry was "Change." It scared the bejesus out of them. The liddle donnie's rally cry was "MAGA." What they envision when they hear that is "going back to where we were before;" a time and place where they were more comfortable.

They fear change more than just about anything else simply because they refuse to progress/evolve with those changes. They are getting left behind and they know it, but they also don't understand it.

It's not a good place to be. I'm not so sure the liddle donnie really understands their predicament. Seems to me that he simply instinctively found their weakness, and just as instinctively, played upon it to his own ends.

It's so pleasant when he's out of our country and causing problems elsewhere. I hope he doesn't come back.

HB
07-12-2019, 02:44 PM
Perro Pedorro
quote:
The horrible monster is way more horrible than anything Shakespeare could've dreamed up...and the consequences are being felt by the citizens of a great country with great expectations.

Good point HB. I've a spotty acquaintance with the works of Shakespeare, but have read nearly everything Stephen King has put out over the years. I've never read about any monster the Bard of Maine imagined that is as horrible as what lurks in the WH.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump
07-19-2019, 01:07 PM
True Conservative
quote:
We are watching it fall apart right in front of our eyes in the last 2 years.

If you are talking about the progressive agenda for the country, I think it's great.
07-23-2019, 10:42 AM
ImPeach
I hear you Holy.

Another worry that I have is that there really are a lot of people out there like Donald who want power and watch him. He's a lesson in (with the help of a State Media) how to manipulate the unwitting and get elected.

I feel I believed in a better people in this country than actually exist. That's an even greater letdown than Mr. Trump.

Dixie

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

10-31-2019, 02:16 PM
Gus Rodgers
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
We are watching it fall apart right in front of our eyes in the last 2 years.

If you are talking about the progressive agenda for the country, I think it's great.
But the progressive agenda is good for America. Only extremists and racists disagree with the progressive agenda.

“President Trump is a failed leader. He will go down in history as the worst President ever.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger
01-21-2020, 07:46 PM
*CJ

I find having the big ol' contemptible bag of apricot pus & toe jam squatting in the Oval Office to be terrifying.

*CJ