Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  News & Announcements    As promised...
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

As promised...
 Login/Register 
Admin
Picture of *CJ
posted

Good evening, All...

My name is *CJ, owner/operator of Aantares. To answer the question, "CJ" stands for 'Claudia Jean,' the name of the character from West Wing played by Allison Janney. Once that series started airing, I was being stopped several times a month on the street --and at the car wash, in restaurants, even at a cat show!-- and told how much I resembled CJ Cregg. The name stuck and I've run with it ever since. Smile   :)

I've set the Amazon Ex-Pats forum up so that any who come through needn't search high and low for y'all. It doesn't mean you're restricted to this forum, nor does it mean other Aantarians can't play herein... it's just a way for those on the loose to know they've found a prospective home.

Come in & grab a seat... there's a variety of caffeine beverages available, and feet on the coffee tables is expected.

Best,
  *CJ

Posts: 16487 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Mbr Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by *CJ:

Good evening, All...

My name is *CJ, owner/operator of Aantares. To answer the question, "CJ" stands for 'Claudia Jean,' the name of the character from West Wing played by Allison Janney. Once that series started airing, I was being stopped several times a month on the street --and at the car wash, in restaurants, even at a cat show!-- and told how much I resembled CJ Cregg. The name stuck and I've run with it ever since. Smile   :)

I've set the Amazon Ex-Pats forum up so that any who come through needn't search high and low for y'all. It doesn't mean you're restricted to this forum, nor does it mean other Aantarians can't play herein... it's just a way for those on the loose to know they've found a prospective home.

Come in & grab a seat... there's a variety of caffeine beverages available, and feet on the coffee tables is expected.

Best,
  *CJ

Hello CJ - and THANKS bunches!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4194 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
Picture of *CJ
posted Hide Post

You're most welcome. Smile-Big   :D

Posts: 16487 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Mbr Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
Hey there ^CJ if Zukkie wants to start charging for Facebook, maybe we need to jazz up Aantares.

Glenn Case

Glenn

Posts: 3413 | Location: California | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
Picture of *CJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
Hey there ^CJ if Zukkie wants to start charging for Facebook, maybe we need to jazz up Aantares.

Glenn Case
It's always a possibility, Glenn. Wink   ;)

*CJ

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:

*CJ, Glenn and everyone,

Seriously...a number of former Aantares/Prodigy homies who I'm friends with on Facebook have been expressing dissatisfaction and are thinking about leaving, not all for the same reason.

Even though I have no intention of closing my Facebook account, over time the endless distractions inherent in the format have had a negative effect on me. I'm easily distractable anyway--I'm ADD/ADHD, so it comes with the territory. While each article I share may be very worthwhile in itself, it's the sum total of SO MANY distractions in the space of a few hours that's having a very bad cumulative effect.

Continued later--at the moment I'm having some unrelated and very unwanted distractions on the home front.

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18667 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post