Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Etc. Forums  Hop To Forums  Free Exchange: Friction, Flames & Feuds    DJT's COVID-19 "killing fields" (he's doing it "yugely")
      Page: 1 2 3 4 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

DJT's COVID-19 "killing fields" (he's doing it "yugely")
 Login/Register

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Iirc, Dubya even changed the reporting in CDC, for HIV. But, he never changed that the info was reported to them just how it was shown to the public.

I’m just hoping jhu continues to get their numbers from labs. For what it is worth, pa changed how they report but it was partially explained why. There were two different method too! The original I liked better but I believe it made it harder for the counties to calculate their compliance! Our head of public health, for the state, has been quite informative and seems similar to Fauci in explaining changes etc.

Posts: 12457 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Iirc, Dubya even changed the reporting in CDC, for HIV. But, he never changed that the info was reported to them just how it was shown to the public.

I’m just hoping jhu continues to get their numbers from labs. For what it is worth, pa changed how they report but it was partially explained why. There were two different method too! The original I liked better but I believe it made it harder for the counties to calculate their compliance! Our head of public health, for the state, has been quite informative and seems similar to Fauci in explaining changes etc.
Reed, it is unclear to me as to how exactly this will affect hospitals in VA.

I've been exploring the VDH website, and it seems that there may be different requirements for different health care eventualities/institutions. There are likely quite a few COVID-19 related situations (sickness, death: confirmed-tested and untested but probable).

I'm curious to see how the BING COVID-19 TRACKER handles this (they get data from a variety of sources, not just the CDC).

Meanwhile; hospitals in VA are licensed and regulated by the STATE (not by DJT). Surely that is the case in every STATE?! Wink   ;)

So, where does that leave DJT's UNFUNDED EDICT? (much akin to pissin' in the wind, IMO). Also, IMO, it is only a matter of time before this EDICT comes before the courts and DJT gets told to ****-off (again).

However; this monkey wrench could serve his purpose (to confuse and manipulate data) possibly benefiting his re-election bid (or it could have the opposite effect and ABSOLUTELY CRUSH HIM at the polls in November). Either way, it is sure to severely corrupt data (in the short term, between now and the election).

...just my 2¢   :2cents:

Posts: 25916 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
As I understand it not all states are supplying testEd numbers, I don’t expect that to change. I’m not sure why they aren’t listing at least negative cases so better statistics can be calculated, but the numbers that even exist now, at CDC, have to be incomplete. I’d have thought the CDC could compel more numbers but we may need a national health emergency declared to do that! I doubt will be forth coming.

I think DJT would be happy with a court case if it delays until the election.

Seems Jared prefers State Rule which he has pushed on Djt so I can envision the new ads now! Hopefully state will keep their own numbers for historic evaluation and perhaps give then to jhu too.

Posts: 12457 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post

Admin
posted Hide Post

Reed, thanks for that apple-link. I've been busy so I'm just getting around to being here today.

Now, re: BING COVID-19 TRACKER:

The default STATS shown today indicate no difference between what I last posted for 14 July and what is now showing for the 15 July numbers (i.e., 138,358 fatal cases). However; the expandable bar graph indicates 1,413 deaths for the 15th (there were 787 deaths on the 14th).

If I add 1,413 to 138,358 (from the 14th) the numerical STATS should be indicating 139,771 deaths...
to which I have been adding the additional 15,000 for a total of 154,771 deaths, for which I hold DJT completely responsible.

I'm not sure if this BING TRACKER discrepancy is just an error on their part OR if DJT's EDICT is playing a part in how they are collecting and reporting data. At any rate, I did not do an UPDATE to the parent note yesterday (the 15th) and I will not be doing updates until I research this matter more thoroughly.

FWIW

Posts: 25916 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I wish DJT would stop messing with things, he’s only fooling himself and maybe his base!

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish DJT would stop messing with things, he’s only fooling himself and maybe his base!
Amen   :amen:

BTW: there were an additional 65,370 NEW CASES on the 15th (the numbers for today typically won't be stabilized and posted by BING until tomorrow).

The new case numbers have been hovering around and above 60,000 for the past several days. The number of deaths, while still much lower than in earlier months, are now over 1,000 per day. I attribute the lower number of deaths to better treatments plans AND the fact that much younger people are being infected. However; many hospitals are at capacity in their ERs and ICUs and their breathing assistance equipment is also near maximum usage.

All of the above does NOT bode well for DJT's re-election chances... it's no wonder he wants to **** with the reporting system (in order to HIDE this continuing bad news from the public). Then there's a building CRISIS CRUNCH on health care workers and first responders as well.

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stop The Madness:

DJT knows that he is going to LOSE in his bid for re-election. He sees his base slowly eroding day after day (as at least some of them begin to WAKE UP and he has KILLED OFF many others with his arrogance and inaction and continuing lies, in the face of this pandemic). So, being truly desperate now, he is trying to re-ignite the IGNORANCE in his BASE by attacking (a most familiar tactic of his, lacking any credibility or any factual basis for his ludicrous comments)... calling everyone a LIAR (except for himself--the BIGGEST LIAR OF ALL--with 20,000+ documented LIES, to date)! LOL-2!   :lol2:
    13 July 2020:
    DJT, aka the AHOLE-IN-CHIEF, tweets (screams) ‘Everyone is lying’
    as he attacks the CDC, Media, Democrats, his Administrations' Doctors
He's going down, in November, hard!
quote:
17 July 2020
Americans’ views of President Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic have deteriorated significantly as cases rise across the country and personal fears of becoming infected persist, a Washington Post-ABC News poll finds.

The Post-ABC poll shows 38 percent of Americans approve of his handling of the outbreak, down from 46 percent in May and 51 percent in March. Sixty percent disapprove, up from 53 percent in May and 45 percent in March.

More than half of the public — 52 percent — now disapproves “strongly” of Trump’s handling of the outbreak, roughly double the percentage who say they strongly approve of his efforts and an increase from 36 percent in strong disapproval since March.

Trump has sent mixed messages throughout the pandemic and has often been at odds with scientists and health officials in his administration. He now faces clear credibility problems with the public. More than 6 in 10 say they do not trust what he says about the outbreak, including 2 in 3 political independents and nearly 3 in 10 Republicans.

Trump’s disconnect with the public is clear on questions about reopening the economy and the wearing of masks. While Trump has called on states to lift business restrictions in an effort to boost the economy, Americans say that controlling the spread of the virus is a higher priority.

A 63 percent majority say it is more important to try to control the spread of the virus even if it hurts the economy, up from 57 percent in May. The share who “strongly” favor controlling the virus’s spread over restarting the economy has grown from 41 percent in May to 52 percent in the latest survey.

Trump’s worsening ratings on management of the outbreak reflect not only a drop in approval among Democrats but also declines among some groups that have been core parts of his coalition since 2016. Trump’s ratings for handling the coronavirus have dropped by 16 percentage points among white evangelical Protestants to 68 percent today; by 15 points among white men without college degrees to 56 percent; and by 11 points among rural residents to 48 percent approval.

Political independents continue to give Trump negative marks for his handling of the outbreak by a wide margin, with 39 percent approving and 58 percent disapproving in the latest survey. A scant 4 percent of Democrats approve of Trump’s efforts. Among Republicans, nearly 4 in 5 approve, but a notable 19 percent disapprove.

more...

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Topic Title: DJT's COVID-19 "killing fields" (he's doing it "yugely")
FWIW:

Today's updates, via the BING COVID-19 TRACKER (and my computations)... THIS IS ON THE HEADS OF DJT and his SUPPORTIVE MINIONS, absolutely NO ONE and NO WHERE else is to be blamed!

new cases, 17 July 2020, on U.S. soil:    75,821

total deaths, on U.S. soil:    157,229

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Months into the coronavirus pandemic...

Facts First: It remains unclear if those already infected with the virus are immune to any reinfection. Additionally, it's unknown how long any sort of immunity would last.

It's currently impossible to know from an antibody test whether someone is immune to the coronavirus, according to Dr. Celine Gounder, an epidemiologist and clinical assistant professor at New York University.

"All you can say from an antibody test is that somebody has been exposed," Gounder told CNN. "You can't really say anything about immunity."

In April, the World Health Organization warned against the creation of immunity passports suggested by some governments, noting that "no study has evaluated whether the presence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 confers immunity to subsequent infection by this virus in humans."

Aubree Gordon, associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Michigan, told CNN the issue with Paul's claim is that "we really don't know."

"Yes, the grand majority of people that have had Covid-19 do develop an antibody response," Gordon said. "However, although the scientific community is generally optimistic, we do not know whether people that have been infected and recovered are generally 'immune' to infection or whether they can be reinfected."

During a briefing in late April, the Infectious Diseases Society of America warned that those previously infected shouldn't assume they have immunity from the virus.

"We do not know whether or not patients who have these antibodies are still at risk of reinfection with Covid-19," said Dr. Mary Hayden, spokesperson for IDSA and chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Rush University Medical Center. "At this point, I think we have to assume that they could be at risk of reinfection."

"We don't know even if the antibodies are protective, what degree of protection they provide -- so it could be complete, it could be partial -- or how long the antibodies last," Hayden added.

Timeline of antibodies:

more...

Admin
posted Hide Post

DO NOT TRUST, DJT, the LIAR-in-CHIEF or his controlled administration! He's out of control, knowing that he likely will lose this November's election. So, as is typical of him (likely, all of his life), he'll lie and even make-up **** (mostly because he knows very little about anything, so LIES are his compensation technique to cover for his ignorance).

Anyway, here's an article from an organization that can be TRUSTED:
quote:
22 July 2020
AMA: How many COVID-19 cases are going undetected?

Reported U.S. case figures of COVID-19 infection are likely underestimating the disease’s spread—potentially by a large magnitude—a study published this week in JAMA Internal Medicine found. The study also found that most of the inhabitants of areas from which data was collected had not been infected by the virus during the period analyzed.

The study examined the prevalence of virus antibodies, using serologic testing figures from 10 U.S. regions—the San Francisco Bay area; Connecticut; South Florida; Louisiana; the Minneapolis-St. Paul-St. Cloud metro area; Missouri; the New York City metro area; the Philadelphia metro area; Utah; and western Washington.

Utilizing more than 16,000 samples compiled from late March through mid-May 2020, the data indicated that “the number of infections was much greater than the number of reported cases throughout the study period.” The prevalence of antibodies among studied sample varied widely by region, with New York reporting a 6.9% figure in late March and the Bay Area reporting around 1% in late April.

From comparing the number of estimated cases to reported case figures on the last day of sample collection, the study’s authors estimated that there were six times as many COVID-19 infections in Connecticut, the lowest figure, and potentially 24 times the number of infections in Missouri than were reported.

In examining potential causes of the disparity between reported cases and actual cases, the study’s authors offered two explanations: mild or asymptomatic cases or symptomatic cases in which infected people did not seek care or were not tested.

Why it’s important: In concluding remarks, the study’s authors shed some light on what the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 case figures means for the public.

“Because persons often do not know if they are infected with [the virus], the public should continue to take steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as wearing cloth face coverings when outside the home, remaining six feet apart from other people, washing hands frequently, and staying home when sick,” they said.

An editorial published based on the study looked at how the figures discredit the concept of so-called “herd immunity.” That theory is based on the significant prevalence of antibodies in the general population—somewhere around 70%.

“Increasing evidence suggests that acquired immunity may be short-lived in some persons with [COVID-19] infection, particularly those with mild or asymptomatic infections,” the editorial’s authors contend. “Importantly, whatever protection population-level seropositivity might confer may be less durable than initially anticipated.”

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, as is typical of him (likely, all of his life),

According to Mary Trump that’s quite true!

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
So, as is typical of him (likely, all of his life),
According to Mary Trump that’s quite true!
Gosh, should I believe Donald or should I believe Mary?

Ummm, I think going with the latter gives me a much higher degree of success in getting to THE TRUTH! Wink   ;)

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
If you get a chance to borrow the book, it’s short, it’s confirms a lot of what you already expect. Parental approval, needing to be the center of attention etc.

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you get a chance to borrow the book, it’s short, it’s confirms a lot of what you already expect. Parental approval, needing to be the center of attention etc.
I haven't yet read her book (about our LIAR-in-CHIEF), but I'm guessing THAT SHE KNOWS whereof she speaks (being a Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist). Smile-Big   :D

I was going to get it via my Kindle software. I haven't yet tried AUDIBLE, but I might (according to AMAZON, her book is free with an Audible trial subscription).

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
It’s written more like a observation than an attack. The audible route sounds good!

I used the idea that she was a clinical psychologist to influence my reading it! It doesn’t read like excuses but you do come away with the felling of how could he be anything else!

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s written more like a observation than an attack. The audible route sounds good!

I used the idea that she was a clinical psychologist to influence my reading it! It doesn’t read like excuses but you do come away with the felling of how could he be anything else!
Good! I would expect nothing less than objectivity from such a professional. It sounds like she DID NOT allow his being "family" to color her professional assessment of him.

I probably will get her book soon (via AUDIBLE). Thanks for the insight.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Home you like it. There was a short discussion between jr, peachy, and myself with others considering different options.

Admin
posted Hide Post

...followup:

I tried getting the book via AUDIBLE, but:
    the installer, AudibleSync.exe, was detected (and instantly quarantined) by my anti-malware. The reason was given as Behavior.CodeInjector
Granted, this may have been a "false positive", due to "risky behavior". I could have ALLOWED the installation in spite of this warning. But, I DO NOT DO "clouds" and that seems to be the preferred method of delivery/storage for amazon's audible books. So, I removed all traces of the software from my computer. I already use KINDLE, so I got the book via that venue.

FWIW

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I couldn’t remember why I didn’t use audible, you may have hit on it. I pretty much hate clouds and certainly try to avoid them all I can, especially for personal stuff. I’m beginning to find more and more stuff I can’t put on some devices because of their needing cloud support of some type.

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm. I couldn’t remember why I didn’t use audible, you may have hit on it. I pretty much hate clouds and certainly try to avoid them all I can, especially for personal stuff. I’m beginning to find more and more stuff I can’t put on some devices because of their needing cloud support of some type.
IIRC, the subscription price (after the free 30 day trial) is $14.95 per month. I'd rather not have a library on a cloud AND I'll not pay for that. I've already got a KINDLE library, so I'll just keep adding to that as time passes and I encounter things which really interest me. Wink   ;)

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Yep, I thought the subscription was high, for sure. But if I was still commuting long distances it might have been tempting! I’d still need downloadable though!

Admin
posted Hide Post

Facing an almost certain LOSS in his November 2020 Re-election bid; what diabolical strategy does DJT have for Federal natural disaster response personnel and victims? What will DJT plan for 1000s of Federal workers and States' victims in storm shelters (tropical systems, tornadoes, floods, etc.)? Will DJT ensure that everyone has the proper PPE as part of a Federal response? DO NOT COUNT ON IT (he could not care less), he is not a typical POTUS showing true concern for "we the people" (caring only about himself and his money).

Tornadoes can wipe out entire neighborhoods and even entire towns. The same goes for severe flooding and tropical storms. On top of this potential are the millions (28, or so, thus far) who are facing evictions, many of whom will be headed for homeless shelters. And let's not forget those victims of domestic violence (an ever increasing number of those, due to job losses and money-shortage concerns).

So, folks, plan to be sheltered AND survive:
    Be sure that you have ample emergency supplies of masks and hand sanitizers (along with your usual emergency supplies of medicines, food, water, clothing, etc.) because there very likely will not be any/ample supplies of those forth-coming from FEMA (for example) as they scramble to obtain their own such supplies (PPE, including N95 masks and hazmat suits). Also, be sure to maintain "social distancing" while cooped-up in those shelters!
You see? COVID-19 in the U.S. could have been pretty much nipped in the bud (would not have grown and flourished) had DJT fulfilled his responsibilities as POTUS:
    * listened to our intelligence agencies warnings in late 2019 and beyond

* listened to our medical and science experts' warnings as well

* in short: LISTENED and ACTED on expert advice instead of pretending that HE KNOWS IT ALL and that "all is well" (being concerned only about himself and his money)
Here are some GOOGLE SEARCH results that might prove useful?

Admin
posted Hide Post

How can any EDUCATED person support this LYING MORON-in-CHIEF?

Since taking office and through June 2020, DJT has told more than 20,000 lies. Of course, DJT has continued LYING through July and into August of 2020. When done with nefarious intent to deceive, (which describes him pretty accurately, IMO) a false or misleading statement is, in fact, a LIE!

I suppose it's one thing to be this way, if for example, one is sitting in a board room or CEO's office, or around the home... and one continuously spews such BS   :bs: (where, for example, the consequences thereof would be a bankruptcy filing or even SIX of those). But as a POTUS, this nation can not tolerate bankruptcy and it deserves much more honesty and leadership than it has received from DJT!

DJT simply is GROSSLY UNINFORMED, on just about everything, so he just makes-up **** (which I consider to be LYING), in an effort to DUPE the American people (and our allies as well). He really understands NOTHING (aside from ways to enrich himself and his ultra-wealthy cohorts). For example; when it comes to the environment and human health issues, he has consistently LIED, in an effort to divert attention away from his IGNORANCE and FAILURES.

Then there are DJT's ludicrous claims that he has a very good understanding of SCIENCE. Anyone, with even half-a-brain, can see right through his ridiculous claims (which are, IN FACT, yet more repeated lies). I'll wager that MANY Elementary, Middle, and High-School kids have a far greater grasp of such things than does DJT! What a ****ing fool he is, really!

For further insight into this MORON, read Mary Trump's book:

Admin
posted Hide Post

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
14 August 2020
The CDC clarifies that COVID-19 immunity and antibodies are still a mystery

New guidelines on quarantining send a mixed message.

Update: This post has been amended to reflect clarification from the CDC.

On Friday the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its guidelines for quarantining to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Most notably, the agency now excludes “people who have had COVID-19 within the past three months” from the need to self-isolate after coming into contact with individuals infected with the virus. This guidance does not apply to people who have recovered and then develop symptoms again; the CDC still recommends they get tested to rule out an ongoing or repeat infection.

While the guidelines appeared to imply that recovered COVID-19 patients could assume they have some immunity to the virus for 90 days, the CDC released a statement later on Friday reiterating that the immune response to virus is still largely unknown:
    Nsikan Akpan
    @MoNscience
    New from @CDCgov: Updated Isolation Guidance Does Not Imply Immunity to COVID-19.

"Contrary to media reporting today, this science does not imply a person is immune to reinfection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in the 3 months following infection."
According to the agency, the updated guidelines don’t refer to a person’s likelihood of catching the virus that causes COVID-19, but rather to the likelihood that testing them for re-infection might not yield accurate results.

When you get a cold, the flu, or another virus, cells within your adaptive immune system design antibodies to find and kill it. Antibodies remain in your body once the virus is gone, and they recognize the invader if it mounts a repeat attack, making you far less likely to get sick from the same strain a second time.

But that doesn’t mean you’re invincible to infection forever; viruses can mutate to the extent that your immune system won’t recognize them anymore, and antibodies can also fade over time. While immunity to measles and the chicken pox typically lasts for life, researchers have found that several types of coronavirus—a family that includes both the virus that causes COVID-19 and some that cause the common cold—are able to infect the same host repeatedly within a short period of time.

more...

Admin
posted Hide Post

A simple Data Summary as of 19 August 2020:

5,605,858 U.S. Confirmed cases
189,963 U.S. deaths (it is very likely many more than that)

World Population 7.8 Billion
U.S. Population 330 Million

DJT keeps LYING about how well the U.S. is doing (compared to other countries). But THE FACTS ARE:

Percentage of U.S. Population compared with the World Population = 4.2307 %

Percentage of U.S. Cases compared with the World Cases = 25.2307 %

FACT: DJT is a LIAR, period. So, why do so many people believe this ****ing liar and continue to support him (and/or just remain silent)?!

Admin
posted Hide Post

25 August 2020:    NEVER TRUST DJT or his LYING administration, NEVER, EVER!
quote:
FDA's Hahn Apologizes For Overselling Plasma's Benefits As A COVID-19 Treatment

At a White House event Sunday with President Trump, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn used a deeply misleading statistic to claim that a treatment the agency had just authorized for treating the coronavirus would save 35 lives out of every 100 people who get the treatment.

But that particular coronavirus study lacked a comparison group – everyone in the study got convalescent plasma. Some people got it earlier in the course of their treatment than others. So to look for signs of efficacy, the study compared the effects in people who received it in the first three days of hospitalization with the results in people who got the treatment later. Researchers then compared the mortality rate of these two groups, both after seven days and after 30 days.

After seven days, the mortality rate of the group that got convalescent plasma early in their disease was about 9%, compared with a 12% mortality rate among people who got it later. At 30 days, the mortality rate was 22% for the early-treatment group versus a 27% mortality rate for the people who got later treatment.

So mortality apparently improved by 3 or 5 percentage points. That's the "absolute" risk reduction to which Hahn's tweet refers. Getting to a 35% "relative" reduction in mortality involves comparing the before and after groups in a way that dramatically exaggerates the effect of the treatment.

more...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I was glad he walked his statement back. However, claiming there wasn’t a contradiction seemed more like the twilight zone!

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was glad he walked his statement back. However, claiming there wasn’t a contradiction seemed more like the twilight zone!
"Walking it back" might be of importance to some (i.e., those who know better than to accept it without question).

DJT has long used the ploy that "what is first said - STICKS"! So, by his direction (I am certain) and standing along side the FDA Commissioner, the number, 35% was purposefully "put out there". Never-mind that his duped minions have no clue what that 35% means. Once "out there"... walking it back, to at least some degree, is something which DJT has done time & time again (regarding his plethora of LIES).

So, let's take a look at what this really means (aside from shoring up his duped base's support as election day approaches).

1. the terms 3 to 5 and 35 use exactly the same numerics, so it is easy to later, say "oh, I misspoke"

2. medically/scientifically, this information (re: anti-body treatment) means absolutely nothing! Why do I say that? because

3. only about 3% of documented positive cases have resulted in deaths. So, the 3% to 5% number (at 3 and then 30 days) has absolutely NO SIGNIFICANCE!
    Today's numbers, from the BING COVID-19 Tracker:

5,850,278 (cases) divided by 180,375 (deaths) equals 3.0832 % mortality

How is that measured 3.0832 % number significantly different from the latest "trump"ed up study's number (of 3 to 5%)?

Answer: IT IS NO DIFFERENT, PERIOD!
Then there's the fact that this study was NOT SCIENTIFIC (no control group, no peer replication/review)!

This total BS   :bs: has been "put out there" so as to garner "confidence" in any forthcoming (before or around election day) VACCINE--to be based upon use of anti-body plasma.

Bottom-line, at least for me? I give absolutely no credence to DJT's FDA information... other than it being a political ploy (not medical/scientific "good news").

...just my 2¢   :2cents: