Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Etc. Forums  Hop To Forums  Free Exchange: Friction, Flames & Feuds    'My brakes didn’t work,’ a driver told cops. She’d just run over a woman 4 or 5 times
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

'My brakes didn’t work,’ a driver told cops. She’d just run over a woman 4 or 5 times
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
A 29-year-old driver hit a pedestrian in a Milwaukee, Wisc. crosswalk earlier this year, but she didn’t stop her vehicle.

Instead, Shaniece Davis drove back and forth over her victim’s body around 8:30 a.m. on April 6, police said — running over the victim as many as four or five times, to try to dislodge the body, which had gotten stuck beneath Davis’ black 2001 Ford Explorer, CBS 58 reports.

The victim, Carol Ann Daniel, 58, yelled “stop” as Davis was running her over, witnesses told police. Daniel was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead, CBS reports, with an autopsy showing multiple blunt force injuries as the cause.

Davis pleaded guilty Dec. 18 to one count of vehicular homicide, according to Milwaukee County court records. She will be sentenced in February. As a part of the plea deal, prosecutors dropped three other charges against Davis.

One witness at the scene in April tried to grab the bumper to keep the SUV from running the victim over. Another witness smashed at the driver’s side window, trying to get Davis to stop the vehicle. They yelled at Davis that there was someone under the car, witnesses told police, but Davis yelled back and continued to drive the car forwards and backwards over the pedestrian she had struck, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

Finally, one of the witnesses was able to keep the vehicle from moving any more by putting a concrete block under the Ford Explorer’s tire, the Journal Sentinel reports.

Then Davis got out of the car and “lit a cigarette and made calls on her phone,” the witness told police. Davis didn’t check on the victim, the witness said, according to Fox 6.

Witnesses pointed out Davis, who was walking around at the crime scene, when police arrived, CBS reports

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-n...rticle190430059.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 106239 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post