Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Hobbies & Interests  Hop To Forums  Home & Garden    Pesticides
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Pesticides
 Login/Register

Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted
For bugs and weeds many people used spray containers with liquid killers.

Because of allergies I choose the old fashioned way, pulling by hand, and because I have a large property, I let the good plants show off, surrounded by rocks on sheet plastic.

Since I feed birds, I let them control the bugs.

The neighbor next door wants to see the mountains, I like seeing living life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Mbr Since: 06-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
I started this string because of the possibility of a pesticide fog getting out of hand, the day both my wife and I were really dragging all day. Nothing seemed to help, including naps.
https://www.epa.gov/safepestco...lease-foggers#safety
quote:
Breathing spray mist may be harmful. Safe use of these products requires that everyone, including pets, leave the treated space and close the doors after foggers have been released. Stay out until the time indicated on the label has passed, usually two to four hours. Prematurely entering the treated premises may lead to illness.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico | Mbr Since: 06-09-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Host
Picture of Sean
posted Hide Post
He who fogs should stay away
For the balance of the day.
Then have someone else perform the chores
Of opening windows and the doors.

Posts: 6520 | Location: Albuquerque, NM | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Sa-EQ
posted Hide Post
Forewarned is forearmed.
In the Southwest those who have swamp coolers can vent the house, but some local politician got a bill passed that took away our outside switch. Ours dissappeared when they came to set it up for summer use, without asking me.