Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Nearly one out of 5 people In Georgia Lives In Poverty (6th worst rate in the nation)
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Nearly one out of 5 people In Georgia Lives In Poverty (6th worst rate in the nation)
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
ATLANTA (CBS46) -

Did you realize that nearly one out of every five people in Georgia lives in poverty? That qualifies the state as having the sixth-worst poverty rate in the nation.

According to statistics-sharing website indexmundi, the U.S. Census Bureau uses a set of dollar value thresholds that vary by family size and composition to determine who is in poverty.

If a family's total income is less than the dollar value of the appropriate threshold, then that family and every individual in it are considered to be in poverty.

Check out the top 25 counties in Georgia with the highest
percentage of its residents living in poverty.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/311...y-rate#ixzz5478TpgyD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 104672 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
I certainly don't doubt that. Georgia is still primarily an agrarian economy. There's really no point in Trucky's post other than the fact that I pointed out statistics that demonstrate what a **** **** state Florida is and he took it personally and wishes to have a tantrum.

He overlooked the fact that we are talking about more than poverty as the stats in my Florida thread demonstrate.

Dixie Chick

Flag-Distress/SOS  :sos:

Posts: 51888 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
And my article is more recent than the one you posted.

Posts: 104672 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:

Your article is not as comprehensive as mine, which covers more than poverty and the data comes from the same place, the U.S. Census.

Your behavior is tiresome and immature and I for one am bored with it.

Dixie

Flag-Distress/SOS  :sos:

Posts: 51888 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

Besides what Dixie says... it seems that TruC has a problem with numbers. While it is true that SIX is greater than TWO. Being the SECOND WORST is nothing to brag about (compared to being the SIXTH). Then there's something else to be considered? So, it would seem with essentially the same resources per person, GEORGIA is doing a better job with their citizens than is Florida... and by DJT's apparent, but as yet to be explained, standard & definition... Florida is a ****HOLE state?

Feeling picked on... no one likes you? Maybe it's not THEM at all.

Posts: 23260 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:

Your article is not as comprehensive as mine, which covers more than poverty and the data comes from the same place, the U.S. Census.

Your behavior is tiresome and immature and I for one am bored with it.

Dixie

And you found a "progressive" site to use to do your bashing.