Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    This connection is not secure
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

This connection is not secure
 Login/Register 
Zealot...
posted
I still get this message when I sign into aantares on my computer or any computer... and I'm taking a chance to post here. I can't really do this well on the smart phone. It's so difficult for me to navigate on the phone. So, you're lucky crobbie...if I would be willing to put myself in danger constantly by using aantares on the computer, you'd be finished. But you're probably finished anyway.

HB

Posts: 22265 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
Your Holiness,

We've all had that problem and resolved it...I just can't remember how...just that some servers are being overzealous. I never got a virus...none of us did.

Dix

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.....Mark Twain

Posts: 55708 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
Your Holiness,

We've all had that problem and resolved it...I just can't remember how...just that some servers are being overzealous. I never got a virus...none of us did.

Dix

Once again, dixie, good-bye from here. There's something very wrong with this site.

Insecure password warning in Firefox

Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through red strikethrough icon in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password, it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

Fx52insecurePW

Note: When you start typing in your login information, the warning message can obscure the password entry box. You can press the Enter key after you type in your username (or click outside of the password area) to dismiss the warning.
What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the URL in the address bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you don’t also use for other important sites.

HB

Posts: 22265 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

HB,

I posted about this over in the Computing & Internet forum. I also posted a related topic, Aantares Malware?, where this was discussed in the Computing and Internet forum as well.

All that "warning" means is that there is no "secure certificate" to which the Aantares forums can be pointed so as to provide the HTTPS secure connection.

So, instead, the HTTP protocol is used for connections to these forums. There are literally millions upon millions of web servers with that same condition.

YOU are correct to be concerned and suggesting that one should NOT use the same username & password here that is used anywhere else. I always use a different USERNAME / EMAIL / strong-randomly-created PASSWORD on any site to which a LOG IN is required.

THE REASON for this "warning message" is that GOOGLE (among the biggest offenders of invading the PRIVACY of its users), has decided to WARN users when there is no HTTPS connection to domains/sites/pages. And, IMO, that is ironic as hell (I reckon GOOGLE thinks that they
ONLY should have access to everything YOU & I do online)?!

This was discussed on Aantares, in-depth (across several Aantares forums), when GOOGLE first implemented this (I suppose as a beta test) a few months ago. IIRC: FIREFOX and SAFARI along with the CHROME (google) browsers ALL use the google safe-browsing setting & warn upon encountering non-HTTPS protocol.

Within CHROME, one can simply go into their SETTINGS and elect to NOT be warned about such things.

As I posted about this becoming a PERMANENT THING (solely at GOOGLE's discretion)... we are now all going to see that "warning" IF we have our web browsers SETTINGS to allow same.

Personally; I never rely exclusively on any ONE "thing" to protect my stuff. I certainly will NEVER TRUST GOOGLE to protect me, period!

I use FIVE different anti-malware products simultaneously when on the Internet and Offline as well. I have never encountered a problem with any Forum/Feature which is hosted on the Aantares Domain.

What others do about this is certainly their prerogative.

...just my 2¢   :2cents:

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, you're lucky crobbie...if I would be willing to put myself in danger constantly by using aantares on the computer, you'd be finished. But you're probably finished anyway.

Bwahaha  :bwa:

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113633 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
So, you're lucky crobbie...if I would be willing to put myself in danger constantly by using aantares on the computer, you'd be finished. But you're probably finished anyway.

Well, you were using Kaspersky.

Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

Posts: 30023 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Editors' Note (10/11/2017): We are aware of the allegations of Kaspersky Labs' inappropriate ties to the Russian government. Until we see some actual proof of these allegations, we will treat them as unproven, and continue to recommend Kaspersky's security products as long as their performance continues to merit our endorsement

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460964,00.asp

Posts: 113633 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Editors' Note (10/11/2017): We are aware of the allegations of Kaspersky Labs' inappropriate ties to the Russian government. Until we see some actual proof of these allegations, we will treat them as unproven, and continue to recommend Kaspersky's security products as long as their performance continues to merit our endorsement

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460964,00.asp

Sucker….

No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.....Mark Twain

Posts: 55708 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
I still get this message when I sign into aantares on my computer or any computer... and I'm taking a chance to post here. I can't really do this well on the smart phone. It's so difficult for me to navigate on the phone. So, you're lucky crobbie...if I would be willing to put myself in danger constantly by using aantares on the computer, you'd be finished. But you're probably finished anyway.

HB

Get use to using an iPad.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29538 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Your software is probably trying to tell you that you shouldn't be coming here and making a fool of yourself.

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

Your software is probably trying to tell you that you shouldn't be coming here and making a fool of yourself.

Apparently there's nothing stopping you...

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
    Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48812 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Fox God:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

Posts: 48812 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

Provide a link to a TOPIC I posted on the news forum that was meant as a personal attack on another member.

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

His are more like rascal-scooter-bys.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40775 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

No comment about my trailer? you usually toss one in.

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

Provide a link to a TOPIC I posted on the news forum that was meant as a personal attack on another member.

A drive-by posting is not necessarily a personal attack. It can be a posting deliberately intended to derail a topic.

Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

LOL!   :lol:
    Sing   :sing: round, round, get around, I get around...

AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

I see a lot of fat slobs riding those in the super market. Apparently that's the new cure for obesity in the U.S.

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Likely meant to be very PERSONAL, but not phasing us in the slightest... you have continuously tried derogatorily slamming many/most of us as LIBS (as just an example). I don't need to post a LINK, you can use the SEARCH option if you really want to revel in your missives.

BTW: I think we take such attempts, at attacking us, as compliments. Wink   ;)

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

No comment about my trailer? you usually toss one in.

I was assuming you don't bring your trailer to drive-by postings. If I was wrong on that, I would be glad to correct the record.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40775 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Anti-Fascism:
    quote:
    Likely meant to be very PERSONAL, but not phasing us in the slightest... you have continuously tried derogatorily slamming many/most of us as LIBS (as just an example). I don't need to post a LINK, you can use the SEARCH option if you really want to revel in your missives.

BTW: I think we take such attempts, at attacking us, as compliments. Wink   ;)

Indeed, TruCon just posted today, I believe, about the personal affront he took at the "F--k Trump and those who voted for him" bumper sticker of that woman from Texas.

Aardent
    Picture of Gus Rodgers
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    Your Holiness,

Dix

Once again, dixie, good-bye from here. There's something very wrong with this site.

Insecure password warning in Firefox

Firefox will display a lock icon with red strike-through red strikethrough icon in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password, it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

Fx52insecurePW

Note: When you start typing in your login information, the warning message can obscure the password entry box. You can press the Enter key after you type in your username (or click outside of the password area) to dismiss the warning.
    What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the URL in the address bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
    Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you don’t also use for other important sites.

HB
    Insecure password on Aant? Why would you worry about that unless you used the same password that you use for bank and financial sites, Amazon, etc.? I always use secure and unique passwords for that stuff, but suppose I used “password123” on Aant? Oh, JimBob might hijack my Aant account and turn me into a troglodyte. That would be annoying, but it wouldn’t be like losing any real money.

Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

Posts: 30023 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Zealot...
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

I don't post drive-bys.

Like hell you don't.

I see a lot of fat slobs riding those in the super market. Apparently that's the new cure for obesity in the U.S.

What, you're so lazy that you don't go to the supermarket anymore? The scooters are not holding up to your kind of arse-pressure? With your white T-shirt showing the armpit hair and man-boobs, you probably frighten whatever decency might exist/have existed in your trailer neighborhood. I'm equally surprised that 1.they have scooters that are heavy-duty enough for you and 2. they deliver to your neighborhood.

HB

Zealot...
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
    quote:
    quote:

Gus, you are the Zen master.

HB