Aantares
It’s True! MARKET WATCH: Trump Campaign Banners Being Proudly Produced In China

This topic can be found at:
http://aantares.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6076052334/m/1710087496

07-17-2019, 10:38 PM
Dixie Chick
It’s True! MARKET WATCH: Trump Campaign Banners Being Proudly Produced In China
Market Watch


Photos: Factory working to beat the clock on threatened tariffs


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-17-2019, 10:56 PM
That JR Thang
quote:
Ironically, one of the Trump administration’s key messages to U.S. businesses and consumers has been to buy, and hire, American.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
07-17-2019, 10:59 PM
True Conservative
quote:
Published: July 25, 2018 7:38 p.m. ET


LOL!   :lol:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
07-18-2019, 04:24 AM
Dixie Chick
.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-18-2019, 04:28 AM
Dixie Chick
.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-18-2019, 04:29 AM
Dixie Chick
Apparently Charley Anne thinks that since this has been happening since last Summer, that you shouldn’t know about it.

Sardonic   :sardonic:

1. They are being made.

2. The Trump campaign denies paying for them.

(There are a lot of things Trump never pays for, lol )

A PAC perhaps? The Russians?

The piece is careful to say that their client is a “supplier to the Trump campaign.“

Or do you suppose the Chinese are donating them? Wink   ;)

3. CA has started his own thread on the topic because, as you know, he wants to control the conversation.

There he claims the ad is a bogus Facebook plant. My link quotes “Market Watch” a Dow Jones/WSJ publication.

4. Facts published on this thread are correct according to Politifact.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-18-2019, 04:37 AM
Reed N D Dark
Remember, too, that Facebook was one of the media Russian proganda infiltrated.
07-18-2019, 04:44 AM
Dixie Chick
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Remember, too, that Facebook was one of the media Russian proganda infiltrated.


Reed,

Of course we all remember that. Please read what I said.

1. My link is not to FB as Charlie implies.

2, Perhaps you and CharlieAnne need to ask yourselves WHY the Russians would plant a Trump-negative story like this?

Thanks,

Dixie


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-18-2019, 04:58 AM
Reed N D Dark
I thought I was agreeing with you.

As for why Russia would do anything, anything that keeps the USA divided against itself seems to be to their advantage.
07-18-2019, 05:24 AM
Dixie Chick
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I thought I was agreeing with you.

As for why Russia would do anything, anything that keeps the USA divided against itself seems to be to their advantage.


Reed,

Russia had nothing to do with it as Charley Anne is implying and I am rebutting. I mentioned “The Russians” in total jest...but of course, sarcasm doesn’t translate well here,

If that’s your position on this issue, IMO you are also mistaken..

If these banners are not planned for the Trump campaign do you honestly think the Chinese are manufacturing them just to agitate us?

No doubt they are going to distributors to the campaign who will bid for the business at a very good price and profit.

Dix


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-18-2019, 09:46 AM
Reed N D Dark
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I thought I was agreeing with you.

As for why Russia would do anything, anything that keeps the USA divided against itself seems to be to their advantage.


Reed,

Russia had nothing to do with it as Charley Anne is implying and I am rebutting. I mentioned “The Russians” in total jest...but of course, sarcasm doesn’t translate well here,

If that’s your position on this issue, IMO you are also mistaken..

If these banners are not planned for the Trump campaign do you honestly think the Chinese are manufacturing them just to agitate us?

No doubt they are going to distributors to the campaign who will bid for the business at a very good price and profit.

Dix


I think Russia is capable of trying to discredit a report as much as Trump is. The post I found of Tru Von had so many double negatives it was hard to tell which side it was on. But if the article you posted was also posted on Facebook, I believe that Facebook trying to combat it may not anything more than trying to keep that type of rerun off Facebook. Since I don’t read anything on Facebook nor most of CharlieAnne I’m not willing to pursue that any longer. I did think I’d be interested in purchasing one, in China, for a going rate of about $1, but mostly to see what they were willing to sell them for rather than dealing with then bring it home.
07-18-2019, 10:49 AM
Dixie Chick
Reed,

This is from politifact that Charlie linked to in an attempt to discredit the story by blaming it on FB or the Russians.

I agree with all of it except I got the story from a reliable source, not FB.

I’m just going to leave it here.

I also think it’s very likely that the merchandise will ultimately find its way to the Trump campaign. It’s naive to think that’s not the destination.

quote:


A Facebook post shows a picture of a Chinese factory worker making "one of the 90,000" Trump 2020 re-election banners and accuses the "America First" president of hiring Chinese workers over American workers.

The photograph is authentic. There have been at least 90,000 Trump 2020 re-election materials produced in China, and at a rapid rate as U.S. tariffs loom over the country.

While pictures and interviews show the items are indeed being made in a Chinese factory, there is not enough information to link it to Trump’s campaign. Moreover, not only did the Trump campaign deny they ordered the items and called the flags counterfeit, FEC data for the campaign’s expenditures does not include any Chinese companies.

The statement has an element of truth — there are thousands of Trump re-election items being made in China – but, based on what we know now, claiming that the president is behind the production without proof falls short.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest
07-18-2019, 12:04 PM
Reed N D Dark
F
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
Reed,

This is from politifact that Charlie linked to in an attempt to discredit the story by blaming it on FB or the Russians.

I agree with all of it except I got the story from a reliable source, not FB.

I’m just going to leave it here.

I also think it’s very likely that the merchandise will ultimately find its way to the Trump campaign. It’s naive to think that’s not the destination.

quote:


A Facebook post shows a picture of a Chinese factory worker making "one of the 90,000" Trump 2020 re-election banners and accuses the "America First" president of hiring Chinese workers over American workers.

The photograph is authentic. There have been at least 90,000 Trump 2020 re-election materials produced in China, and at a rapid rate as U.S. tariffs loom over the country.

While pictures and interviews show the items are indeed being made in a Chinese factory, there is not enough information to link it to Trump’s campaign. Moreover, not only did the Trump campaign deny they ordered the items and called the flags counterfeit, FEC data for the campaign’s expenditures does not include any Chinese companies.

The statement has an element of truth — there are thousands of Trump re-election items being made in China – but, based on what we know now, claiming that the president is behind the production without proof falls short.



I have no doubt that the banners are being made in China. I have no doubt that they are only useful to the Trump campaign, perhaps even as fund raisers. I also find it conceivable that Trump has no idea what is going on even if he was just told about it! That doesn’t mean that his campaign isn’t involved. I’d even believe these are being purchased through a third party so that records don’t show their original origin. A PAC isn’t out of the question either.

I only read your link, when I first responded. As I now understand the FB issue they are objecting to it on their news feed as questionable, I read that as totally true it may not be. FB is free to police their services as they see fit or as they are convinced to do by others. Someone adding that their is a direct link to the President May be just enough to get FB to Flagg it, and then the gullible to believe that none of the article is true. That’s sort of how fake news was originally pedaled except one knew parts were true and was supposed to just accept all of it was true.

I still may try to buy one if I can find it for $1-$2, in China! Upcycling is in and it saves on fabric!
07-19-2019, 02:25 PM
Born Again Liberal
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
F
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
Reed,

This is from politifact that Charlie linked to in an attempt to discredit the story by blaming it on FB or the Russians.

I agree with all of it except I got the story from a reliable source, not FB.

I’m just going to leave it here.

I also think it’s very likely that the merchandise will ultimately find its way to the Trump campaign. It’s naive to think that’s not the destination.

quote:


A Facebook post shows a picture of a Chinese factory worker making "one of the 90,000" Trump 2020 re-election banners and accuses the "America First" president of hiring Chinese workers over American workers.

The photograph is authentic. There have been at least 90,000 Trump 2020 re-election materials produced in China, and at a rapid rate as U.S. tariffs loom over the country.

While pictures and interviews show the items are indeed being made in a Chinese factory, there is not enough information to link it to Trump’s campaign. Moreover, not only did the Trump campaign deny they ordered the items and called the flags counterfeit, FEC data for the campaign’s expenditures does not include any Chinese companies.

The statement has an element of truth — there are thousands of Trump re-election items being made in China – but, based on what we know now, claiming that the president is behind the production without proof falls short.



I have no doubt that the banners are being made in China. I have no doubt that they are only useful to the Trump campaign, perhaps even as fund raisers. I also find it conceivable that Trump has no idea what is going on even if he was just told about it! That doesn’t mean that his campaign isn’t involved. I’d even believe these are being purchased through a third party so that records don’t show their original origin. A PAC isn’t out of the question either.

I only read your link, when I first responded. As I now understand the FB issue they are objecting to it on their news feed as questionable, I read that as totally true it may not be. FB is free to police their services as they see fit or as they are convinced to do by others. Someone adding that their is a direct link to the President May be just enough to get FB to Flagg it, and then the gullible to believe that none of the article is true. That’s sort of how fake news was originally pedaled except one knew parts were true and was supposed to just accept all of it was true.

I still may try to buy one if I can find it for $1-$2, in China! Upcycling is in and it saves on fabric!


Looks like he’s surrendered on this topic?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

  • "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  • 07-19-2019, 03:46 PM
    Holy Bhagworm
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    Apparently Charley Anne thinks that since this has been happening since last Summer, that you shouldn’t know about it.

    Sardonic   :sardonic:

    1. They are being made.

    2. The Trump campaign denies paying for them.

    (There are a lot of things Trump never pays for, lol )

    A PAC perhaps? The Russians?

    The piece is careful to say that their client is a “supplier to the Trump campaign.“

    Or do you suppose the Chinese are donating them? Wink   ;)

    3. CA has started his own thread on the topic because, as you know, he wants to control the conversation.

    There he claims the ad is a bogus Facebook plant. My link quotes “Market Watch” a Dow Jones/WSJ publication.

    4. Facts published on this thread are correct according to Politifact.


    Charley Anne...too much work for such a schlub. he's chan.

    HB
    07-19-2019, 03:48 PM
    Reed N D Dark
    quote:
    Looks like he’s surrendered on this topic?



    So it would seem!