Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    It’s True! MARKET WATCH: Trump Campaign Banners Being Proudly Produced In China
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

It’s True! MARKET WATCH: Trump Campaign Banners Being Proudly Produced In China
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted
Market Watch

Photos: Factory working to beat the clock on threatened tariffs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56562 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ironically, one of the Trump administration’s key messages to U.S. businesses and consumers has been to buy, and hire, American.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4292 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Published: July 25, 2018 7:38 p.m. ET

LOL!   :lol:

Impeachment Is Sad For The Country When It's An Attempt To Overturn An Election

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 115179 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post

Posts: 56562 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
Apparently Charley Anne thinks that since this has been happening since last Summer, that you shouldn’t know about it.

Sardonic   :sardonic:

1. They are being made.

2. The Trump campaign denies paying for them.

(There are a lot of things Trump never pays for, lol )

A PAC perhaps? The Russians?

The piece is careful to say that their client is a “supplier to the Trump campaign.“

Or do you suppose the Chinese are donating them? Wink   ;)

3. CA has started his own thread on the topic because, as you know, he wants to control the conversation.

There he claims the ad is a bogus Facebook plant. My link quotes “Market Watch” a Dow Jones/WSJ publication.

4. Facts published on this thread are correct according to Politifact.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Remember, too, that Facebook was one of the media Russian proganda infiltrated.

Posts: 5208 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Remember, too, that Facebook was one of the media Russian proganda infiltrated.

Reed,

Of course we all remember that. Please read what I said.

1. My link is not to FB as Charlie implies.

2, Perhaps you and CharlieAnne need to ask yourselves WHY the Russians would plant a Trump-negative story like this?

Thanks,

Dixie

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I thought I was agreeing with you.

As for why Russia would do anything, anything that keeps the USA divided against itself seems to be to their advantage.

Posts: 5208 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:

As for why Russia would do anything, anything that keeps the USA divided against itself seems to be to their advantage.

Reed,

Russia had nothing to do with it as Charley Anne is implying and I am rebutting. I mentioned “The Russians” in total jest...but of course, sarcasm doesn’t translate well here,

If that’s your position on this issue, IMO you are also mistaken..

If these banners are not planned for the Trump campaign do you honestly think the Chinese are manufacturing them just to agitate us?

No doubt they are going to distributors to the campaign who will bid for the business at a very good price and profit.

Dix

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
quote:

Reed,

Russia had nothing to do with it as Charley Anne is implying and I am rebutting. I mentioned “The Russians” in total jest...but of course, sarcasm doesn’t translate well here,

If that’s your position on this issue, IMO you are also mistaken..

If these banners are not planned for the Trump campaign do you honestly think the Chinese are manufacturing them just to agitate us?

No doubt they are going to distributors to the campaign who will bid for the business at a very good price and profit.

Dix

I think Russia is capable of trying to discredit a report as much as Trump is. The post I found of Tru Von had so many double negatives it was hard to tell which side it was on. But if the article you posted was also posted on Facebook, I believe that Facebook trying to combat it may not anything more than trying to keep that type of rerun off Facebook. Since I don’t read anything on Facebook nor most of CharlieAnne I’m not willing to pursue that any longer. I did think I’d be interested in purchasing one, in China, for a going rate of about $1, but mostly to see what they were willing to sell them for rather than dealing with then bring it home.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
Reed,

This is from politifact that Charlie linked to in an attempt to discredit the story by blaming it on FB or the Russians.

I agree with all of it except I got the story from a reliable source, not FB.

I’m just going to leave it here.

I also think it’s very likely that the merchandise will ultimately find its way to the Trump campaign. It’s naive to think that’s not the destination.

quote:

A Facebook post shows a picture of a Chinese factory worker making "one of the 90,000" Trump 2020 re-election banners and accuses the "America First" president of hiring Chinese workers over American workers.

The photograph is authentic. There have been at least 90,000 Trump 2020 re-election materials produced in China, and at a rapid rate as U.S. tariffs loom over the country.

While pictures and interviews show the items are indeed being made in a Chinese factory, there is not enough information to link it to Trump’s campaign. Moreover, not only did the Trump campaign deny they ordered the items and called the flags counterfeit, FEC data for the campaign’s expenditures does not include any Chinese companies.

The statement has an element of truth — there are thousands of Trump re-election items being made in China – but, based on what we know now, claiming that the president is behind the production without proof falls short.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
F
quote:
Reed,

This is from politifact that Charlie linked to in an attempt to discredit the story by blaming it on FB or the Russians.

I also think it’s very likely that the merchandise will ultimately find its way to the Trump campaign. It’s naive to think that’s not the destination.

quote:

A Facebook post shows a picture of a Chinese factory worker making "one of the 90,000" Trump 2020 re-election banners and accuses the "America First" president of hiring Chinese workers over American workers.

The photograph is authentic. There have been at least 90,000 Trump 2020 re-election materials produced in China, and at a rapid rate as U.S. tariffs loom over the country.

While pictures and interviews show the items are indeed being made in a Chinese factory, there is not enough information to link it to Trump’s campaign. Moreover, not only did the Trump campaign deny they ordered the items and called the flags counterfeit, FEC data for the campaign’s expenditures does not include any Chinese companies.

The statement has an element of truth — there are thousands of Trump re-election items being made in China – but, based on what we know now, claiming that the president is behind the production without proof falls short.

I have no doubt that the banners are being made in China. I have no doubt that they are only useful to the Trump campaign, perhaps even as fund raisers. I also find it conceivable that Trump has no idea what is going on even if he was just told about it! That doesn’t mean that his campaign isn’t involved. I’d even believe these are being purchased through a third party so that records don’t show their original origin. A PAC isn’t out of the question either.

I only read your link, when I first responded. As I now understand the FB issue they are objecting to it on their news feed as questionable, I read that as totally true it may not be. FB is free to police their services as they see fit or as they are convinced to do by others. Someone adding that their is a direct link to the President May be just enough to get FB to Flagg it, and then the gullible to believe that none of the article is true. That’s sort of how fake news was originally pedaled except one knew parts were true and was supposed to just accept all of it was true.

I still may try to buy one if I can find it for $1-$2, in China! Upcycling is in and it saves on fabric!

Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
F
quote:
Reed,

quote:

I have no doubt that the banners are being made in China. I have no doubt that they are only useful to the Trump campaign, perhaps even as fund raisers. I also find it conceivable that Trump has no idea what is going on even if he was just told about it! That doesn’t mean that his campaign isn’t involved. I’d even believe these are being purchased through a third party so that records don’t show their original origin. A PAC isn’t out of the question either.

I only read your link, when I first responded. As I now understand the FB issue they are objecting to it on their news feed as questionable, I read that as totally true it may not be. FB is free to police their services as they see fit or as they are convinced to do by others. Someone adding that their is a direct link to the President May be just enough to get FB to Flagg it, and then the gullible to believe that none of the article is true. That’s sort of how fake news was originally pedaled except one knew parts were true and was supposed to just accept all of it was true.

I still may try to buy one if I can find it for $1-$2, in China! Upcycling is in and it saves on fabric!

Looks like he’s surrendered on this topic?

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29861 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Zealot...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Apparently Charley Anne thinks that since this has been happening since last Summer, that you shouldn’t know about it.

Sardonic   :sardonic:

1. They are being made.

2. The Trump campaign denies paying for them.

(There are a lot of things Trump never pays for, lol )

A PAC perhaps? The Russians?

The piece is careful to say that their client is a “supplier to the Trump campaign.“

Or do you suppose the Chinese are donating them? Wink   ;)

3. CA has started his own thread on the topic because, as you know, he wants to control the conversation.

There he claims the ad is a bogus Facebook plant. My link quotes “Market Watch” a Dow Jones/WSJ publication.

4. Facts published on this thread are correct according to Politifact.

Charley Anne...too much work for such a schlub. he's chan.

HB

Posts: 22733 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Devoted...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Looks like he’s surrendered on this topic?

So it would seem!