Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    GOP lawmaker: 'I'm a person of color. I'm white.'
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

GOP lawmaker: 'I'm a person of color. I'm white.'
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
Republican Rep. Mike Kelly (Pa.) on Tuesday weighed in on criticism of President Trump's tweets targeting four minority congresswomen, saying that he is a person of color because he is white.

"You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended," Kelly told Vice News before a vote on a resolution condemning the president.

"With a name like Mike Kelly you can't be from any place else but Ireland," he said.

The term "person of color" is widely used in the U.S. to refer to anyone who is not white or of European descent.
Kelly told The Hill that the comment had been taken out of context.

"The reporter's tweet mischaracterized our conversation and my broader point: We're all created equal. It's time to stop fixating on our differences and focus on what unites us," he said, pointing toward the full remarks.

In the full five-minute interview, Kelly said that Trump must have been responding to something directly and that liberals would get angry if the president said "good morning."

He also added that he had "thicker skin" than other people and doesn't get offended by things as easily.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113654 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Moe Ron.

Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

Posts: 30032 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
People say things all the time, but I don't get offended

They do? Perhaps the president told you you're not American and you should go back to your country. Anyway, if people say things about you all the time, I never heard them. I don't even know who the hell you are.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12462 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps the president told you you're not American

What if your rhetoric causes people to wonder if you are an American?

Posts: 113654 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:

You got a point there. I've heard trump's got a birth certificate that says NYC, but who knows. Plenty of birthers still won't believe one even if they see it--It's a forgery!, they'll say. And his rhetoric certainly puts into doubt that he's American.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12462 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:

You got a point there. I've heard trump's got a birth certificate that says NYC, but who knows. Plenty of birthers still won't believe one even if they see it--It's a forgery!, they'll say. And his rhetoric certainly puts into doubt that he's American.

High 5   :high5:
You shut down CharlieAnne a good 'un.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 48814 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Fox God:
quote:
quote:

High 5   :high5:
You shut down CharlieAnne a good 'un.

PP's is a what if. Mine is real.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
PP's is a what if. Mine is real.

Oh my. You're still retaining that outdated birther subroutine even after it was supposed to be purged a couple years ago. How long's it been since your last bot maintenance check? Perhaps the techs can do it remotely, but they'll likely have to pack you off to the Moscow service center.

Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I read somewhere that Trump was born in Scotland. Orly Taitz, Esq. is on the case.

Guns Don’t Kill People

Ammunition Kills People

Posts: 30032 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
quote:
quote:

I read somewhere that Trump was born in Scotland. Orly Taitz, Esq. is on the case.

The BBC had a video today. I just couldn’t capture the link.

Posts: 5020 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
quote:
quote:

she's a Moldavan dentist, lawyer, and real-estate agent. I wouldn't let her put topical anesthetic on a rat's gums, even if it were banana-flavored.

HB

Posts: 22265 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post