Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    All Pending Flint Water Charges Have Been Dismissed
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

All Pending Flint Water Charges Have Been Dismissed
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
MICHIGAN — All pending charges in the Flint Water Crisis have been dropped, according to state prosecutors, and the investigation into the water scandal will start over again.

The charges being dismissed are against eight people, including former Michigan health director Nick Lyon, charged with involuntary manslaughter and accused of not telling the public about the outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease when Flint was using improperly treated water from the Flint River.

The Flint Water Crisis prosecution team announced the dismissal without prejudice on Thursday ”in order to conduct a full and complete investigation.”

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said she is in “full support” of the move.

“The depth and breadth of concern for a fair and just prosecution and justice for the people of Flint is precisely why I appointed and entrusted Solicitor General Fadwa Hammoud and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy to lead the Flint criminal case,” Nessel said following the decision. “I trust them and if this step is necessary for them to do a comprehensive and complete investigation. ...I want to remind the people of Flint that justice delayed is not always justice denied and a fearless and dedicated team of career prosecutors and investigators are hard at work to ensure those who harmed you are held accountable.”

State officials said there will be no more comment until after Hammoud and Worthy have had an opportunity to “speak directly to the people of Flint.”

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 112128 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
MICHIGAN — All pending charges in the Flint Water Crisis have been dropped, according to state prosecutors, and the investigation into the water scandal will start over again.

The charges being dismissed are against eight people, including former Michigan health director Nick Lyon, charged with involuntary manslaughter and accused of not telling the public about the outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease when Flint was using improperly treated water from the Flint River.

The Flint Water Crisis prosecution team announced the dismissal without prejudice on Thursday ”in order to conduct a full and complete investigation.”

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said she is in “full support” of the move.

“The depth and breadth of concern for a fair and just prosecution and justice for the people of Flint is precisely why I appointed and entrusted Solicitor General Fadwa Hammoud and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy to lead the Flint criminal case,” Nessel said following the decision. “I trust them and if this step is necessary for them to do a comprehensive and complete investigation. ...I want to remind the people of Flint that justice delayed is not always justice denied and a fearless and dedicated team of career prosecutors and investigators are hard at work to ensure those who harmed you are held accountable.”

State officials said there will be no more comment until after Hammoud and Worthy have had an opportunity to “speak directly to the people of Flint.”

Link

Are you joyful that the prosecution of Flint polluters is being delayed?

HB

Posts: 21992 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with the reason they were dismissed:

quote:
concern for a fair and just prosecution

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 112128 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post