Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11,
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11,
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted
Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11, give some employees bonuses following tax bill passage
quote:
Walmart is increasing its starting wage rate for hourly employees in the U.S. to $11, after passage of the tax law.
The company said it will also expand maternity and parental leave benefits, and provide a one-time cash bonus for eligible employees of as much as $1,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/1...-after-tax-bill.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liberals threaten to commit suicide if Trump wins in 2020, I say it time to become an undertaker.

Posts: 2825 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
Boy, I thought you Liberals would be jumping all over this one and thanking our President Trump for raising the minimum wage to what looks like $11 per hour.
So after all your whining and moaning, for years to raise the minimum wage, why are you not thanking President Trump for his accomplishment?

And by the way, you were wrong about what corporate America would do with their tax cuts.
Fact: Corporate America is sharing their tax cut with employees, shareholders and investments to create jobs as President Trump said they would .
I just love it when a plan comes together.

Liberals threaten to commit suicide if Trump wins in 2020, I say it time to become an undertaker.

Posts: 2825 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
Yawn   :yawn: $11/hour, big deal. Walmart's got employees making over $30,000/hour. But since you credit trump for the sunrise, lemme know what you think when the 2017 inflation report comes in tomorrow.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 10734 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
posted Hide Post
Will this be like ATT claiming that they will be giving employees $1000 only to fire thousands of employees?

quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
Walmart to raise its starting wage to $11, give some employees bonuses following tax bill passage
quote:
Walmart is increasing its starting wage rate for hourly employees in the U.S. to $11, after passage of the tax law.
The company said it will also expand maternity and parental leave benefits, and provide a one-time cash bonus for eligible employees of as much as $1,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/1...-after-tax-bill.html

whyisit

Posts: 30664 | Location: West Coast | Mbr Since: 10-16-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
Over the past 12 months,I expect it will be between 2.2 and 2.5, which is expected and perfectly acceptable to me.
Where do you think it will be?

Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will this be like ATT claiming that they will be giving employees $1000 only to fire thousands of employees?

Why,
FYI: ATT, was a landline based company and has been laying off workers since the advent of wireless communication. So layoffs are nothing new and will continue and has nothing to do with tax cuts.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walmart's got employees making over $30,000/hour.

PP,
$30,000 per hr equals $ 64,400,000 per year. Please quote your source.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
ATT is not just landlines, lol.

They are laying off people because they consider the bells they bought too fat.

Dixie

PS did you expect Walmart to increase their wages before the tax cut? That wouldn't have been good politics at all. The Obama recovery continues. The job market is tight...ergo, wages go up.

I trust you can do the math.

D

Flag-Distress/SOS  :sos:

Posts: 51888 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
PP,
$30,000 per hr equals $ 64,400,000 per year. Please quote your source.

You're right, pawnie. Their top employee makes only about $25 million a year, and I know it makes your heart ache to imagine him living on just that. Perhaps I was thinking of the WalMart heirs' salary, and we know how hard they work for their pay--- or inheriting it in the first place. I'm sure it comforts you to know that when their kids get it they won't be taxed at all and have to rely on food stamps.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 10734 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
posted Hide Post
I presume that you never heard of ATT wireless...

quote:
quote:

Why,
FYI: ATT, was a landline based company and has been laying off workers since the advent of wireless communication. So layoffs are nothing new and will continue and has nothing to do with tax cuts.

whyisit

Posts: 30664 | Location: West Coast | Mbr Since: 10-16-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why,
quote:

Well you are wrong again, as I sure have!
And I presume you are unaware that ATT is in both ground line and wireless communication.

Aardent
Picture of BullDoug
posted Hide Post
quote:

VERY GOOD! Walmart just announced closing 63 Sam's clubs costing 11,000 jobs.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Posts: 31041 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:

And the problem is what ???????????
Now that Walmart has some new found money from President Trump's tax cut, after sharing it with employees and shareholders they are now closing low or no profit stores and reinvesting their share in new opportunities.
Sounds like a good plan to me!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
YO PP Re;
“ lemme know what you think when the 2017 inflation report comes in tomorrow. “
LOL

quote:
The slight 0.1 percent rise in overall inflation in December followed a 0.4 increase in November, with both readings heavily influenced by a swing in energy prices. Over the past 12 months, overall inflation has risen 2.1 percent, while core inflation is up just 1.8 percent.
https://www.usnews.com/news/bu...-percent-in-december
quote:
Over the past 12 months, overall inflation has risen 2.1 percent,

I guess I called that one!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
bump

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
AT&T is a communications giant -- much more than a telephone company.

They do Internet, Telephone, Wireless, television and a huge amount of business systems research and development.

When SBC and Bellsouth merged together with their wireless companies to become AT&T, there was naturally a lot of redundancy in management and they have been adjusting.

DC

Posts: 51888 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
DC,
That is all true, but there are still some landlines that need to be maintained and/or install in rural America until wireless towers are installed so a skeleton crew is still needed. Those to are also the employees being layoff as they are no longer needed.
quote:
4 days ago - “Those towers are going to go up and you're going to have great, great broadband,” Trump told the annual convention of the American Farm Bureau Federation.

Aardent
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are not as smart in business as you claim.

quote:
quote:

Why,

whyisit

Aardent
Picture of BullDoug
posted Hide Post
Walmart touts $1,000 employee bonuses, but there's a catch

Turns out anybody that was making less than $11 and gets the raise, doesn't get the bonus. In order to get the full thousand you had to have worked for Walmart for 20 years or more.

Posts: 31041 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of BullDoug
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And the problem is what ???????????
---

Firing 11,000 people and closing stores while claiming that indicates a booming economy.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
DC,
That is all true, but there are still some landlines that need to be maintained and/or install in rural America until wireless towers are installed so a skeleton crew is still needed. Those to are also the employees being layoff as they are no longer needed.
quote:
4 days ago - “Those towers are going to go up and you're going to have great, great broadband,” Trump told the annual convention of the American Farm Bureau Federation.

Pawn:

You are making no sense.

Rural areas are served by small independent companies. AT&T isn't interested in rural business because it doesn't pay. Rural access has little or nothing to do with government red tape and cell towers in National Parks. Trump's speech wasted the farmers' time.

We have no AT&T service in my little Georgia town. My sons gave me my phone, computer and Ipad They are Mac's and geared to AT&T and I have to use a microcell mini-tower just for my phone and IPad. It started because my sons were at AT&T and we were on a family plan (no longer available).

We now have fiber optics installed along the highway connected to our local business park. They refuse to bring it up residential streets. Our television is satellite and costs a small fortune just for basic. Wifi is provided by Windstream as is our landline. Alltel is another player or was...You can't get an AT&T residential landline here.

Now kindly read what the President actually said which has nothing to do with any of your erroneous statements and which were for the most part, irrelevant to the farmer's plight.

quote:
Folks in rural communities don’t have access to high-speed internet because it costs a lot of money to install fiber across miles of remote countryside. If, after that initial investment, a company is going to only get two or three customers using that infrastructure, as is often the case in rural areas, it doesn’t make sense financial for these companies to build. So they don’t. And efforts from Big Telecom lobbyists to prevent communities from building their own internet, either as a public utility or part of a local co-op, have sabotaged the few options these people have.

To really solve this problem, the Trump administration is going to have to invest in real solutions. These could be costly, like providing grants or infrastructure budgets for the government to just build this internet itself. For all of Trump's talk about infrastructure investment during the campaign, he chose to prioritize Obamacare repeal and tax cuts for corporations over his $200 billion infrastructure proposal. There are also more fiscally-conservative options that would do a heck of a lot more than an executive order about cell phone towers in National Parks.