Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    crobberts Was More Entertaining Than Allan
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
crobberts Was More Entertaining Than Allan
 Login/Register 
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ImPeach:
quote:

There is no pecking order here, and no rulings alphas. This is not high school. Other than CJ, the administrator, there is no one who can grab the mic and announce they're in charge. Should anyone try, it would be met with laughter.

What you may see playing out is the occasional sparring or jostling to be heard that (I think) occurs on any board. That doesn't reflect a pecking order, and it doesn't establish one

....or I would say to be understood.

Yes. In fact, it's probably more often that than anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44878 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Good to see you again Peachy, been a bit concerned that you’d been a bit quiet, but then again we all have.

Thank you Reed.

The Lt is not doing well. I’ve been busy. He’s not critical but Our Doctor has Covid and the hospital is full and well, there’s no medical care. Nada.

I was afraid the Lt was taking the wrong kind of your time. Have you tried telemedicine so you don’t have to go out? It’s not for everything, but can help decide when things have really gotten too serious.

Take care. ((Hug)))

Posts: 11622 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know quite well that this happens less often than most of us would like! Different experiences, different environments just seem to color what has been said. And, without any facial or body clues it’s difficult to even know when one might be joking or in pain.

As you know, I do not bring my emotions here.

You have seen repeatedly that for me there are some behaviours I consider none of my business. I have even said this form of communication misses out on 80% of what is needed, body language, facial expression, and voice tone.

When I am attacked, I use it as an opportunity to practise my NLP, something I really miss in real life.

I compare it with how I try to manage (not control) the behaviour of the aggressive meat-eating lorikeets. When I wave the flyswat, the villains are the only ones to react. The non-aggressive ones either ignore the swat, or stand a few inches away waiting for things to settle down. I now again have a couple who will eat out of my hand.

Not that I want anyone here eating out of my hand, of course Wink   ;)

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3547 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I think compassion is an emotion, but I really was talking to the idea that it’s hardest to just read, even voice tone conveys intent.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think compassion is an emotion, but I really was talking to the idea that it’s hardest to just read, even voice tone conveys intent.
One question.

How long did it take you and JR to get out your flyswats?

A perfectly balanced way of addressing any confusion.

On the other hand, I have gone out of my way to illustrate how I have been misread, to no avail.

Posts: 3547 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
One question.

How long did it take you and JR to get out your flyswats?

A perfectly balanced way of addressing any confusion.

On the other hand, I have gone out of my way to illustrate how I have been misread, to no avail.

JR was much faster but she’d already established that she wasn’t putting up some of your reruns. And occasionally shenanigans !

Telling me that I’ve misread what you intended does little to understand what’s been misunderstood.

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60901 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

That too!

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was afraid the Lt was taking the wrong kind of your time. Have you tried telemedicine so you don’t have to go out? It’s not for everything, but can help decide when things have really gotten too serious.

Take care. ((Hug)))

Sorry I was trying to answer this and it’s just been such an ordeal and it was so late that I put the period in as a place holder and you answered my period! LOL!   :lol:

You sure keep this old engine going Reed.

The Lt is profoundly weak. He can’t even turn over or couldn’t last Tuesday AM, 10 days ago. We don’t know what happened but EMS said his vitals were okay. We have therapists coming in ...finally. We had a televisit scheduled with his doctor right after it happened . Waited three and one half hours for him to “enter the room.” He never did. We found out the next day that he got a positive Covid test at about the same time and they cleared the building. Our hospital has only 22 beds and it is full with Covid. They have dismantled the Swing Bed rehab unit because physical therapy requires a three week inpatient stay and that’s not possible right now.

I thought I had a great nurse coming in but the first thing she did was take the week off because she’s having 13 people for T’giving. She is also a hugger.

It’s a small town and doctors don’t have other doctors on call for them. They just refer you to the ER. I did argue with the EMS for quite a while and got the Home Health Care. That was because they called their supervisor to come over and he plowed through all the BS   :bs:

His care is very time consuming so I don’t have much time to post but you guys are an interesting distraction when I have a break. The Internet is great too because I just wheel him out into the living room and we do exercises for the arms and legs via You Tube while he is sitting. He can now take 4 or 5 laborious steps.

Pray that you don’t get sick during this Covid crisis my friends. It’s bad out there. Know that if you don’t already. I can’t stress this enough. Be careful....But if you want to feel sorry for something, feel sorry for the turkey.

Special thoughts go out to JR whose Mother is critically ill and under hospice care. ❤️

You guys are my friends. We argue a lot. Some of you even drive me up the wall at times. I’d like to think I have the same capacity but I doubt it. You never bore me and I’m thankful that you have been here to help me during this, my Splendid Isolation. Actually, you may recall me using that term for my quarantine but I recently learned it was buried in my subconscious by Warren Zevon.

Hug   :hug:

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60901 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Report This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Take care. ((Hug)))

Sorry I was trying to answer this and it’s just been such an ordeal and it was so late that I put the period in as a place holder and you answered my period! LOL!   :lol:

The Lt is profoundly weak. He can’t even turn over or couldn’t last Tuesday AM, 10 days ago. We don’t know what happened but EMS said his vitals were okay. We have therapists coming in ...finally. We had a televisit scheduled with his doctor right after it happened . Waited three and one half hours for him to “enter the room.” He never did. We found out the next day that he got a positive Covid test at about the same time and they cleared the building. Our hospital has only 22 beds and it is full with Covid. They have dismantled the Swing Bed rehab unit because physical therapy requires a three week inpatient stay and that’s not possible right now.

I thought I had a great nurse coming in but the first thing she did was take the week off because she’s having 13 people for T’giving. She is also a hugger.

It’s a small town and doctors don’t have other doctors on call for them. They just refer you to the ER. I did argue with the EMS for quite a while and got the Home Health Care. That was because they called their supervisor to come over and he plowed through all the BS   :bs:

His care is very time consuming so I don’t have much time to post but you guys are an interesting distraction when I have a break. The Internet is great too because I just wheel him out into the living room and we do exercises for the arms and legs via You Tube while he is sitting. He can now take 4 or 5 laborious steps.

Pray that you don’t get sick during this Covid crisis my friends. It’s bad out there. Know that if you don’t already. I can’t stress this enough. Be careful....But if you want to feel sorry for something, feel sorry for the turkey.

Special thoughts go out to JR whose Mother is critically ill and under hospice care. ❤️

You guys are my friends. We argue a lot. Some of you even drive me up the wall at times. I’d like to think I have the same capacity but I doubt it. You never bore me and I’m thankful that you have been here to help me during this, my Splendid Isolation. Actually, you may recall me using that term for my quarantine but I recently learned it was buried in my subconscious by Warren Zevon.

I'm so sorry for what you and husband are going through, Peachy Hug   :hug:

HB

Posts: 25690 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Report This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I thought about you the other day Holy. You’ve been through much worse. We are lucky to still be together.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Peachy, I had hope my response to what I thought was just a deleted post might brigh a smile.

I do worry that you need help, at least a break ow and then, but as you rightfully point out, who? Most are seeing many others and are scarier than not having help.

Iirc, doctors on demand is waving copays and may not be overwhelmed. But I had hoped that you knew someone where you’ve trekked before that might cover you.

We lost our local doctor some 10+ years ago, no one wanted to travel here even though there was a demand. It’s made not needing a referral for most things critical, for us.

Hang in there and know we are here and can listen, and support you the best we can.

Has the Lt had a COVID test? The tiredness is a symptom, but then with his conditions doubtful. Shoot I’ve been sleeping long days and I know that i tested negative a week or so ago! It’s for sure a good case of SAD!

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:

We're all stranded on a desert island. Or a cabin in the woods after dark.

I didn't realize Warren Zevon was the source of your Splendid Isolation. I feel like Zevon and Young kind of collide a bit at your link, but I LOVE listening to that harmonica. Close your eyes and you could be young again, listening to After the Gold Rush or Harvest.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44878 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Report This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:

I'm so sorry for what you and husband are going through, Peachy Hug   :hug:

HB
Yeah, I’m sorry too.

“President Trump is a failed leader. He will go down in history as the worst President ever.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posts: 32491 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm so sorry for what you and husband are going through, Peachy Hug Hug   :hug:

Same feelings here. Thanksgiving is an event to celebrate good fortune, but not by comparing small troubles to those who are having a really rough go, which far too many are lately. Very sorry for your difficulties, Peach and the Lt., and wishing you strength.Hug   :hug:

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 13484 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Report This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't realize Warren Zevon was the source of your Splendid Isolation

Neither did I, LOL!   :lol: I thought I made it up but it was all that listening to Zevon and I agree with you about that particular link but I sort of liked the imperfection.

Thanks for the good wishes friends!

Mostly I want people to realize how desperately we are all impacted by the Covid, whether we have the virus or not. We are all in this and share these circumstances.

It is our story.

Stay well, the hospital cannot help you right now and perhaps not your own doctor.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I’m so tired of the public health being ignored that I’m pretty much a hermit! My dr is pregnant so she needs to be extra careful too. Fortunately she part of a small clinic so I have other options.

But, I agree we all need to stay safe, I'm hoping we stop we can stop these outbreaks, sooner rather than later. We now have fines for not wearing masks, but no one to enforce them. We are seeing more cooperating though still not enough. The medical buildings are going back to checking at the entrance which I’m grateful for as it reminds folks that this isn’t over and keeps our medical folks safer. It is however cold waiting in the car! Finally getting some afghans to the car ... finally getting some use out of them!

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I didn't realize Warren Zevon was the source of your Splendid Isolation

Neither did I, LOL!   :lol: I thought I made it up but it was all that listening to Zevon and I agree with you about that particular link but I sort of liked the imperfection.

Thanks for the good wishes friends!

Mostly I want people to realize how desperately we are all impacted by the Covid, whether we have the virus or not. We are all in this and share these circumstances.

It is our story.

Stay well, the hospital cannot help you right now and perhaps not your own doctor.

Rachel Maddow said the exact same thing in the last week: don't get sick; the hospitals are full.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
To me what saddest is that those that tried their best to avoid infection are now setup to be turned away because of those that did not.

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
if read as I intend them, are perfectly innocuous posts.

You know quite well that this happens less often than most of us would like! Different experiences, different environments just seem to color what has been said. And, without any facial or body clues it’s difficult to even know when one might be joking or in pain.

Joking or in pain or perhaps a flagrant ass. Could be anything.

Roll Eyes   :rolleyes:

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Joking or in pain or perhaps a flagrant ass. Could be anything.

Some have made their mind up prior to and regardless of the poster's intent.

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
I was merely pointing out there may be other feelings/intentions/states of mind that underlie a particular post.

Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Take care. ((Hug)))

Sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better.

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

Posts: 31933 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess that explains where all his hostility and resentment is coming from.

No hostility whatsoever. I welcome the opportunity to use some (not all) posts as a means of exercising my NLP, something impossible in real life.

What on earth makes you think I resent anything here?

I'm on the the side of the Pacific on an internatonal forum totally occupied by Yanks, many with a single focus.

It is my choice, so how could there be anything I resent?

I remember that I worried all the time about hurting Allan’s feelings.

Believe you me, that can't happen. Not even in real life.

Remember Skinner?

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t you think dispassionate is a better choice here?

Yes.