Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Who Is My Neighbor?
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Who Is My Neighbor?
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted
quote:

....Deeply embedded in the Christian faith, indeed deeply embedded in the Jewish tradition, which is the mother of the Christian faith, and deeply embedded in the faith and traditions and values of many of the world’s great religions, is a profound conviction in a sure and certain value and virtue that care for the stranger, the alien, the visitor, is a sacred duty, a sacred vow....

Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop Of The Episcopal Church

Posts: 57088 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
....Deeply embedded in the Christian faith, indeed deeply embedded in the Jewish tradition, which is the mother of the Christian faith, and deeply embedded in the faith and traditions and values of many of the world’s great religions, is a profound conviction in a sure and certain value and virtue that care for the stranger, the alien, the visitor, is a sacred duty, a sacred vow....

Seems like the sort of preacher who might make me want to attend mass more often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12885 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post

Posts: 57088 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
And that's his opinion and he is entitled to it!
Now that you have his opinion, and if you have a dollar you can get a cup of coffee.
Have a nice day!

Posts: 3851 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
And that's his opinion and he is entitled to it!
Now that you have his opinion, and if you have a dollar you can get a cup of coffee.
Have a nice day!

More precisely, it is the opinion of the Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States Of America that the Presiding Bishop represents.

Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
Tad,
Move this over here where it belongs!
http://aantares.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3536008334

Posts: 3851 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tad,
Move this over here where it belongs!
http://aantares.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3536008334

ROTF   :rotf:

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who Is My Neighbor?

People who entered the country legally I hope.

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Good Biblical message for every single church in America, one the evangelicals certainly need.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4791 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
LOL
This is a test of the Pawn equal rights agreement with the Ant farm management .

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Good Biblical message for every single church in America, one the evangelicals certainly need.

Thanks JR.

Obviously this is far more than a political crisis. It is a humanitarian one.

Dix

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL
This is a test of the Pawn equal rights agreement with the Ant farm management .

Please feel free to contact management. While you are at it, please mention your use of the racial epithet “porch monkey” several times recently.

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL

...and as far as I am concerned you can always leave...Smile   :)

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who Is My Neighbor?

Funny that you've mentioned a couple of times that you've got some neighbors who didn't enter the country legally-- they just showed up on a beach in Florida-- and said they're fine people.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12885 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
please mention your use of the racial epithet “porch monkey” several times recently.

How do you get racial epithet

out of “ porch monkeys” when it means lazy people sitting on their porch who refuse to work and has nothing to do with race, creed or color.
What do you think “ porch monkey “ means?

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
Who Is My Neighbor?

Funny that you've mentioned a couple of times that you've got some neighbors who didn't enter the country legally-- they just showed up on a beach in Florida-- and said they're fine people.

Cubans, eh?

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49395 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Porch monkey
a black person[297] referring to perceived common behavior of groups hanging out on front porches or steps of urban apartment complexes in U.S. cities.

Wikipedia

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 30402 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of ImPeach
    posted Hide Post
    It is soooo racial...Particularly using it to describe black athletes.

quote:
    I was never big on sports, but I did like to watch a game/event every now and then. But those days are over for me.
    I have had enough of these mother F---en fags and ignorant porch monkeys using sports for their own personal and political views. That is not what they are paid for. And I'm fed up with corporations that do not take action to put an end to it.
    So all sports and sports related products are off of my agenda.

Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    How do you get racial epithet
    out of “ porch monkeys” when it means lazy people sitting on their porch who refuse to work and has nothing to do with race, creed or color.

I don't get it either. When I saw "porch monkey" I thought of what we sometimes refer to as "trailer trash". They've got the required porch, probably a rickety one on the side of the single wide, with at least eight barking dogs under it and a pick-up on cinder blocks with weeds growing under it nearby. They're likely to be southern, members of trump's beloved poorly educated, white, and residents of states like Tennessee that are highly dependent on federal handouts such as SS disability and farm subsidies-- although they ironically detest the federal guv'mint and blue donor states that subsidize them. Well, I apologize for my generalizations, but that's the image that comes to mind. Carry on.

Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    Obviously this is far more than a political crisis. It is a humanitarian one.

It's a humanitarian crisis that the leading bigot of our nation has turned into a political crisis.

I hope it eats him up.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4791 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of ImPeach
    posted Hide Post
    Pedro,

FYI.

Everyone in the South knows what it means and Pawn is from Tennessee and certainly does.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-“porch-monkey-”

Dixie

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    Pedro,

FYI.

Everyone in the South knows what it means and Pawn is from Tennessee and certainly does.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-“porch-monkey-”

Dixie

Yes, it's a well-known racial slur in certain parts of the country, and I've no doubt pawn is well aware of it. I hadn't heard it in years, but I remember it.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 41372 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aardent
    Picture of Victor Laszlo
    posted Hide Post
    Everyone knows what it means. I guess some just figure it’s okay to come out of the closet with their racism. Why not? So many have.

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 30402 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of ImPeach
    posted Hide Post
    Well-known does not necessarily mean well-used. I can’t remember the last time I heard it because decent people don’t talk that way, even in the South.

It’s like those crossword answers and Jeopardy questions that you must have learned at some point and surface when you hear the clues.

Pawn10 is rife with clues.

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    Yes, well-known, not well-used. In fact, I was trying to remember the context in which I first heard it, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't being "used" even then, but rather "described" as a racist term for African Americans. Or blacks, more likely, since this would've been before the term African American came into widespread use.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 41372 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post