Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Lets try having a serious discussion about DACA.
      Page: 1 2 3 

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Lets try having a serious discussion about DACA.
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted

What do you think should be done with the illegal children who were brought to the US illegally.
Keep in mind that many of these children are now adults and may now have children of their own who are legally documented citizens. So please clarify which group you are addressing.
Who and how should we deal with both illegal children who are here now and adults who came here as children and are still here as illegal adults?
Dream Act and DACA
The Dream Act is a piece of legislation first introduced to Congress in 2001 that would create a pathway to citizenship to young people who were brought to the United States as children without documentation. These are young people who are American in every way, except on paper. They have grown up in this country and consider themselves to be American, but lack the documents to fully engage in society.
After Congress failed to pass the Dream Act in 2010 (despite 70 percent of Americans supporting the proposed legislation), the Obama Administration on June 15, 2012 announced a temporary program allowing Dreamers to come forward, pass a background check, and apply for work permits. The program is called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and allows applicants to request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. Deferred action does not provide lawful status.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Liberals threaten to commit suicide if Trump wins in 2020, I say it time to become an undertaker.

Posts: 2825 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Report This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
DACA cannot be a stand alone bill as the Democrats want. It must be included with border security measures and a wall on the southern border.

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 104262 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
T.C. I agree, and it must include the abolishment of lottery and chain immigration in addition to boarder security.
IMO,, stopping the influx of illegal immigrants must be controlled as part of any agreement.
But the question is, what do we do about those children that are already here?

Fact: If you stop illegal immigration there is no need for DACA!

Liberals threaten to commit suicide if Trump wins in 2020, I say it time to become an undertaker.

AAA+
posted Hide Post
Allow them to stay with no path to citizenship.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you think should be done with the illegal children who were brought to the US illegally.

Check their history. If they've conducted themselves well, my guess is perhaps 85%, insist on citizenship. I've got no problem giving the boot to the jerks.
quote:
DACA cannot be a stand alone bill as the Democrats want. It must be included with border security measures and a wall on the southern border.
Glad you've come around and now see the need to have detailed inspection for the 25,000 cargo containers that enter the country every day. I see the customs and drug enforcement folks now at least open 2%, which is an improvement. Be better to have them inspected like the TSA tosses your luggage at the airport rather than trusting the honor system.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 10646 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Report This Post
Aavid
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
DACA must be a stand alone bill. Republicans greatly misoverestimate their bargaining position. Hillary Clinton got nearly $3,000,000 more votes than Trump did. It won’t be long before the 2018 midterm elections and the 2020 census. If the Republicans build a wall, we’ll be in position to tear it down. Once there is a Democratic President in the White House, we’ll be in position to expand the Supreme Court to fifteen Justices and propose an amendment to abolish the electoral college. All we have to do is be patient. Trump is going to be much worse for the Republicans than Nixon and Watergate.

In the country of blind trusts, the one-eyed trust is king.

Posts: 27687 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
TC,
quote:

As there are supposedly only 400,000, and many are productive, I agree with allowing all children, rearguard of their present age, to stay and offering them free passage back to their country of origin if they do not wish to stay.
But I disagree with “ no path to citizenship “.
I think they should have a path to citizenship by issuing them a visa, and give them the right to apply for citizenship. Vetting should be done at visa and citizenship application times. And it must be shown they have a custodial adult or be an adult gainfully employed and able to provide for him/herself and not been arrested and not on any public assistance.
There shall be an deadline for visa application of 2 years and for obtaining citizenship 3 years.
Any person who is a parent , or custodian ( limit of 2 ) of a child,, must make application for a visa and citizenship at the same time as the child.
Anyone who fails to follow this procedure or fails vetting shall be deported.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump is going to be much worse for the Republicans than Nixon and Watergate.

He'll be at least as bad for repubbies since 3 consecutive Rs in the WH; Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover; and controlling both houses, who aided and abetted unrestrained pigfest Wall Street had in the 20's that resulted in the Great Depression. The authorship of that disaster resulted in Dems with firm control of Congress for all but short periods for the next 65 years, along with the WH except for decent likable Ike (who would certainly be a D nowadays), and Nixon who actually brought R's back to life with his successful play of the race card and identity politics with his Southern Strategy. IMO, the post-trump crisis will lead to an even more severe party realignment with the the few moderate Rs probably joining the Ds; the alt-right, and other trumpists forming a fascist party; and whats left of repubbies going the way of the Whigs.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 10646 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Report This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
TC,
quote:

As there are supposedly only 400,000, and many are productive, I agree with allowing all children, rearguard of their present age, to stay and offering them free passage back to their country of origin if they do not wish to stay.
But I disagree with “ no path to citizenship “.
I think they should have a path to citizenship by issuing them a visa, and give them the right to apply for citizenship. Vetting should be done at visa and citizenship application times. And it must be shown they have a custodial adult or be an adult gainfully employed and able to provide for him/herself and not been arrested and not on any public assistance.
There shall be an deadline for visa application of 2 years and for obtaining citizenship 3 years.
Any person who is a parent , or custodian ( limit of 2 ) of a child,, must make application for a visa and citizenship at the same time as the child.
Anyone who fails to follow this procedure or fails vetting shall be deported.

Trucky is going to be mad at YOU...
We all know why he opposes citizenship...

Trump proved at Helsinki that ORANGE IS THE NEW YELLOW

Posts: 46546 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trucky is going to be mad at YOU...We all know why he opposes citizenship...

Well, the way I look at it is that many of these children did not come here under their own free will as many of them were kidnapped and brought here, or their parents brought them. So I don't blame the children for being here illegally.
I see it as, the better the devil you know then the one you don't.
And if we deport these children, who probably speak English and have at least partly simulated into out culture we will only have to bring others in who are not as qualified as them to be here.
No I don't like rewarding any illegals, but for children I am willing to make an exception along with those who grew up here and have accepted our standards and law, I say yes.
IMO, it's well past time to stop kinking our immigration policies down the road.
And it will totally disarm Liberals politically and may even cost them some illegal voter.

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:

And be denied the use of chain migration.

Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:

With two raciststs? Bwahaha  :bwa:

”god damn America”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 27356 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Report This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
    quote:

With two raciststs? Bwahaha  :bwa:

I was thinking the exact same thing, LOL!   :lol:

D

Flag-Distress/SOS  :sos:

Posts: 51626 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Report This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    With two raciststs?

I look at illegal immigration as to how it affects America and Americans and you look at it as votes for the Democratic party.

AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    With two raciststs?

I look at illegal immigration as to how it affects America and Americans and you look at it as votes for the Democratic party.

Illegals do not vote...period.

Dixie

Posts: 51626 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Report This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    There's a reason Democrats always push for citizenship.

AAA+
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    There's a reason Democrats always push for citizenship.

It's not true that they always vote Democratic. If you bothered to get to know any you might understand why but you do nothing but parrot FOX to the point that talking to you is like talking to Jello.

Hispanics are more conservative than you think, but righty racism turns them off.

Dixie

Steadfast...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Why is that, trailer-boy? BTW, are there illegal aliens making trouble in your park?

HB

Posts: 18726 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Report This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    Because of Reagan's amnesty there are 12 million more illegals here.

Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Wasn’t Reagan racist enough for you, trailer boy?

”god damn America”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

•  
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    It's not racist to want immigrants to get in line and enter the country legally.

Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    Charlie, you’re a fooking racist if I ever saw one. Why don’t you just admit it?

”god damn America”

•  
    Aadmirable
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It's not racist to want immigrants to get in line and enter the country legally.

What about Cubans? White Cubans, anyway?

Trump proved at Helsinki that ORANGE IS THE NEW YELLOW

Posts: 46546 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Report This Post
    Steadfast...
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

In your trailer park, alone? Wow, that's a big nasty park, if ever there was one. No wonder you're psychotic.

HB

Posts: 18726 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Report This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    The city police department had to hire 2 translators to deal with the influx of illegal Mexicans into the city.