Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Willie Nelson: Immigrant Eyes
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Willie Nelson: Immigrant Eyes
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted

Posts: 57101 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
Was he smoking a joint as he performed it?

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
IDK frighty. I'm sure he wasn't any higher than limbo was on Oxy, nor did Willie send his maid out with a forged prescription to score for him. He never condemned it while indulging his own secret addiction. He's not a hipocryte.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12895 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
I think he got busted one time because of the smoke that was coming from his bus.

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wYBaSvR2R0o

Willie would be sorely ashamed of these bigots...

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4814 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
IDK frighty. I'm sure he wasn't any higher than limbo was on Oxy, nor did Willie send his maid out with a forged prescription to score for him. He never condemned it while indulging his own secret addiction. He's not a hipocryte.

CharleyAnne is an expert on everything and all topics, or so he thinks.

Willie must be doing something right.

He’s as old as the hills, has written another beautiful song, (lyrics follow), and is a national treasure.

quote:

Oh Ellis Island was swarming
Like a scene from a costume hall
Decked out in the colors in Europe
And on fire with the hope of it all
There stood my father's own father stood huddled
With the tired and hungry and scared
Turn of the century pilgrims
Bound by the dream that they shared
They were standing in lines just like cattle
Poked and prodded and shoved
Some were one desk away from sweet freedom
Som were were torn from someone they love
Through this sprawling tower of babel
Came a young man confused and alone
Determined and bound for America
And carryin' everything that he owned
Sometimes when I look in my grandfather's Immigrant Eyes
I see that day refelcted and I can't
hold my feelings inside
I see starting with nothing and
working hard all of his life
So don't take it for granted say
grandfather's Immigrant Eyes
Now he rocks and stares out the window
But his eyes are still just as clear
As the day he sailed through the harbor
And come ashore on the island of tears
My grandfather's days are numbered
But I won' t let his memory die
'Cause he gave me the gift of this country
And the look in his Immigrant Eyes

Dixie

Posts: 57101 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:

With people entering the country legally.

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:

No passports or visas were needed to enter the United States through Ellis Island back then Charley Anne. In fact, no papers were required at all. More than 12 million immigrants passed through Ellis Island with no documentation at all.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think he got busted one time because of the smoke that was coming from his bus.
BFD. Like I said, Willie ain't a hipocryte. I found it far more newsworthy that limbo, a repubbie megaphone who loved every war-on-drugs he ever met was busted twice for bogus Oxy prescriptions. Then his hipocrytical ditto-heads, great fans of incarceration for minor drug offenses, turned on a dime and became so compassionate (for rush) and haven't held it against him at all. Inconsistent principles perhaps, but I find the ilk very consistent with their morals and judgement: consistently situational, and trump has you well regimented, able to turn on a dime and reverse course at his next tweet.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12895 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No passports or visas were needed to enter the United States through Ellis Island back then Charley Anne. In fact, no papers were required at all. More than 12 million immigrants passed through Ellis Island with no documentation at all.

Pretty much! All they did was apply for entry at a port of entry. No need to claim asylum or prove fear of other governments or wars.

Posts: 5837 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

But we knew who they were as opposed to those entering the country illegally these days. I have visited Ellis Island and the records are all available.

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
Across The Borderline
by Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, James Dickinson
written for the Jack Nicholson film "The Border"
recorded by (among many others) Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, and of course Freddy Fender

There's a place where I've been told
Every street is paved with gold
And it's just across the borderline
And when it's time to take your turn
Here's a lesson that you must learn
You could lose more than you'll ever hope to find

When you reach the broken promised land
And every dream slips through your hands
Then you'll know that it's too late to change your mind
'Cause you've paid the price to come so far
Just to wind up where you are
And you're still just across the borderline

Up and down the Rio Grande
A thousand footprints in the sand
Reveal a secret no one can define
The river flows on like a breath
In between our life and death
Tell me who's the next to cross the borderline

En la triste oscuridad (In the sad darkness)
Hoy tenemos que cruzar (today we have to cross)
Este río que nos llama mas alla (this river which calls us further away)
But hope remains when pride is gone
And it keeps you moving on
Calling you across the borderline

When you reach the broken promised land
Every dream slips through your hands
And you'll know it's too late to change your mind
'Cause you pay the price to come so far
Just to wind up where you are
And you're still just across the borderline

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49397 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But we knew who they were as opposed to those entering the country illegally these days. I have visited Ellis Island and the records are all available.

Not really.

Many, if not most, have entered legally with Visas, got jobs and then stayed.

Sooo, your Dad entered the country with no documentation?

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:

40 percent.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not really.

Sooo, your Dad entered the country with no documentation?

I agree Dixie, we really didn’t know who they were other than people with dreams and people fleeing their homes for a variety of reasons. We screened them mostly for diseases, not for previous crimes.

It seems to me we knew some early settlers did come from prisons!

Posts: 5837 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
But we knew who they were

Through the over five decades starting in the 60's, Florida took in hundreds of thousands of immigrants with little ID, no passport and certainly no visa. They just showed up and were taken in.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
But we knew who they were

Through the over five decades starting in the 60's, Florida took in hundreds of thousands of immigrants with little ID, no passport and certainly no visa. They just showed up and were taken in.

Perhaps that’s another argument for immigrating through Florida. No other country to go through and less hassle?

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 41377 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:

Applause   :applause:

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49397 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

ATTAGO!

Posts: 4814 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m thinking of the baby born to a mother in the border camp that was immediately taken from her. And taken where?

Cry   :cry:

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m thinking of the baby born to a mother in the border camp that was immediately taken from her. And taken where?

In my mind, Dix, the majority of them, whether adult or child, need our tender loving care.

This nation is, by anyone's measure, a nation of immigrants; something those tiredassed ol' white bigots like to forget. But those white bigots' ancestry were ALL immigrants to the USA. Every last one of them.

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
I agree. It’s heart-wrenching.

What must our children think of this?

I am a direct descendant of a man known as “Peter The Immigrant.” He was born in Scotland in 1685 and came to this country as a young man.

I’ve wondered how the Pilgrims got to be Pilgrims and the rest of us “immigrants.”

Dix

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
You might find this interesting, Dixie:

How do the Pilgrims relate to immigrants today

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
Thank you JR! I see a book in our future.