Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Trump speaks at level of 8-year-old, new analysis finds
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Trump speaks at level of 8-year-old, new analysis finds
 Login/Register 
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted
quote:
Donald Trump may call himself a genius on Twitter, but his spoken statements say otherwise.

An analysis of the President's first 30,000 words uttered in office found Mr Trump speaks at a third- to seventh-grade reading level – lower than any other President since 1929. Mr Trump’s vocabulary and grammatical structure is “significantly more simple, and less diverse” than any President since Herbert Hoover, the analysis found.

The comparison is based on interviews, speeches and press conferences for every president dating back to 1929, compiled by online database Factba.se. Analysts at Factba.se studied the “off-script” remarks of all 15 men – essentially, everything but their prepared speeches – to compare and contrast their speaking skills.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...alysis-a8149926.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29557 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    Picture of True Conservative
    posted Hide Post
    I have no problem understanding him. You just miss the lectures that Obama used to deliver.

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 113674 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    We are not surprised, are we.

A large portion of his base seems to have similar issues.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4059 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    I also lived in New York for 45 years so In still understand New York English and have a relative who speaks it.

Posts: 113674 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    Stupid is stupid regardless of region or accent stupid.

Posts: 4059 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aardent
    Picture of BullDoug
    posted Hide Post
    When Trump called Ryan a baby that was very juvenile.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Posts: 31178 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I also lived in New York for 45 years so I still understand New York English and have a relative that speaks it.

Stupid is stupid regardless of region or accent stupid.

Yes. There are also vertical factors to regional accents like educational attainment and socioeconomic class among others which are why a college professor of English at any university doesn't speak the same as resident of a trailer park only 10 miles away. I'm guessing that in New York State, it's particularly difficult to pin down due to those differences and that the state is spread over at least 3 distinct regions: the NYC metro area, New England, and the Great Lakes. So it'd be helpful if you could tell me more about what "New York English" sounds like.
    JR speaks the truth about stupid is stupid, and might have a special sensitivity to the stereotype of southern speech: dixie drawl = stupid . I found Bill Clinton was excellent at destroying that prejudice-- although from a lower class Arkansas background, he had the advantage of a very high I.Q. and developed articulate, precise, scholarly discourse that came through his drawling good ol' boy manner of speaking. Contrast that with trump who enjoyed privileged blue-blood schooling since he was born yet works hard to project NYC street thug speech patterns and wannabe gangster behavior because it impresses his base.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12466 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BullDoug:

But you Liberals love that Baby Trump balloon that the lefty protesters display at events where Trump appears.

Aardent
    Picture of BullDoug
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by True Conservative:
    quote:
    Originally posted by BullDoug:

But you Liberals love that Baby Trump balloon that the lefty protesters display at events where Trump appears.

C'mon, stop being so stupid. YES that is right to the point. Trump does act like a child. Not good for a President.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Posts: 31178 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Yeah, we do.

It is the perfect caricature of who the liddle donnie really is.

Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Contrast that with trump who enjoyed privileged blue-blood schooling since he was born yet works hard to project NYC street thug speech patterns and wannabe gangster behavior because it impresses his base.

I'm not so sure he has to project it. Seems to me that is exactly who he and his buddies are.

Consider the real estate moguls and lawyers he has associated himself with...

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Setup: "Trump speaks at level of 8-year-old, new analysis finds"

True Conservative's baffling rejoinder: "I have no problem understanding him."

Bwahaha  :bwa:

Omigod! Self-owned!

LOL-2!   :lol2:

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40797 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    I never could understand most of the crap that Obama peddled in those 15 minute lectures.

Never goes away...
    Picture of Perro Pedorro
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I never could understand most of the crap that Obama peddled in those 15 minute lectures.

Of course not, frighty. Obama had enough content to easily fill 15 minutes without repeating himself and you don't have an attention span anywhere near 15 minutes. For you a lecture by trump, short, repetitive, and at the level of an 8-year-old is far more digestible.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12466 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
    quote:

Of course not, frighty. Obama had enough content to easily fill 15 minutes without repeating himself and you don't have an attention span anywhere near 15 minutes. For you a lecture by trump, short, repetitive, and at the level of an 8-year-old is far more digestible.

I had a difficult time understanding why Obama said 19 times he couldn't grant deportation exemptions and then he did.

Aavid
    Picture of Born Again Liberal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

“It profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world ... but for Wales trump”?

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29557 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Jeez. How many cats are you going to let out of the bag today?

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40797 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
    quote:

The rest of the world loved the apologizes.

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
    quote:

I had a difficult time understanding why Obama said 19 times he couldn't grant deportation exemptions and then he did.

He said he couldn't change the law, which he couldn't and didn't. He issued an executive order which, as he said, needed to be enacted into law for it to be a permanent fix.

Sadly, a rotting mound of mashed potatoes was launched into the White House by Russia where, with his nose (and apparently his little wiener) out of joint with jealousy of Obama, he began destroying everything he could.

But nothing will ever be enough for him, because the yawning vacuum is inside him.

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

English only, please. Or go back to the enclave of moròns you came from.

Enthusiast...
    Picture of That JR Thang
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

What they loved was Obama's intelligence and humility.

Something you and your liddle donnie are completely lacking.

Devoted...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

English only, please. Or go back to the enclave of moròns you came from.

I don’t think even an eight year old would make that mistake, at least not in normal speech!

Posts: 5027 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post