Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Alex Jones and Donald Trump
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Alex Jones and Donald Trump
 Login/Register 
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted
FRONTLINE: How the Candidate Echoed the Conspiracy Theorist on the Campaign Trail
quote:

... A new FRONTLINE documentary traces how the alliance between Jones and Trump, facilitated by Stone, would help to bring conspiracy theorist thought into the political mainstream — ushering in the current era, in which misinformation about the coronavirus pandemic has spread like the virus itself.

That documentary, United States of Conspiracy, includes a striking sequence that illustrates how Trump adopted Jones’ claims — voicing them publicly in a way that shocked even InfoWars staffers as he ran for the highest office in the land.

“I mean, sometimes it was, like, verbatim — like, really Trump, really? You’re taking his word for it?” former InfoWars staffer Rob Jacobson says.

Embedded at the top of this story, the sequence juxtaposes clips of Jones sharing false and conspiratorial claims about then-President Barack Obama, Senator Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton with Trump making strikingly similar claims at rallies and in interviews.

The presidential candidate’s echoing of Jones on the campaign trail was a significant development in the mainstreaming of conspiracy theorist thought. And it stunned author Jon Ronson, a renowned expert on extremism who has been following Jones for 20 years.

“The big shock was Alex having the ear of a president-to-be,” Ronson says in the excerpt. “Of all the people I’ve interviewed over 35 years, I can think of a lot of people I would rather have the presidency than Alex Jones. It’s a bit of a shame that one of the most spiraling people I’ve ever met is the one who is influencing Trump.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's a purple pentode? Why, it's one that's gassy!

Posts: 15244 | Location: USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
Alex Jones
quote:

Alexander Emric (or Emerick) Jones (born February 11, 1974)[1][2] is an American far-right[10] radio show host and conspiracy theorist.[18] New York magazine has described Jones as "America's leading conspiracy theorist",[19] and the Southern Poverty Law Center describes him as "the most prolific conspiracy theorist in contemporary America".[20] He hosts The Alex Jones Show from Austin, Texas, which the Genesis Communications Network syndicates[21] across the United States and online.[22] Jones' website, InfoWars, is derived from conspiracy theories and fake news,[23][24][25] as are his other websites NewsWars and PrisonPlanet.

Jones promoted conspiracy theories about the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting.[26] He has also accused the US government[27] of planning the Oklahoma City bombing,[28] the September 11 attacks,[29] and falsifying details regarding the 1969 Moon landing.[30] He has claimed that several governments and big businesses have colluded to create a "New World Order" through "manufactured economic crises, sophisticated surveillance tech and—above all—inside-job terror attacks that fuel exploitable hysteria".[31]

Mainstream sources have described Jones as a conservative,[32] far-right,[33][34] alt-right,[35] and a conspiracy theorist.[36][37][38][39] Jones has described himself as a paleoconservative[40] and a libertarian.[41] The latter claim is disputed by libertarians.[42][43]

Posts: 15244 | Location: USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
FRONTLINE Investigates Alliance Among Alex Jones, Roger Stone & Trump and How Conspiracy Theories Took Center Stage; January 12, at 10 pm
quote:

... Drawing on interviews with [Roger] Stone, former staffers from Jones’ InfoWars site, political insiders, people who have been victimized by conspiracy theories, and experts in how misinformation spreads, the documentary examines how once-fringe conspiracy theories came to be wielded as a tool at the highest levels of American politics.

Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
The end of the segment shows Alex Jones was a vocal part of the crush on the Capital last Wednesday.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
alex jones is still around? He admitted he was psychotic. Maybe that was just to get out of a Sandy Hook lawsuit: "Yeah, I'm a f*cking lunatic!"Wink   ;) So what's the excuse for his audience?

Celebrate good times, come on
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last
Throughout the years

Posts: 13522 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
And the right still listens to them.

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

Posts: 32073 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Laszlo:
He tells ‘em what they want to hear. He even makes it entertaining.

“President Trump is a failed leader. He will go down in history as the worst President ever.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Posts: 32604 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
quote:

Gus, I have great Alex Jones footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3X6zpgym-E

HB

Posts: 26083 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
This lying has been going on for more than five years.

How come neither the Democrats nor the news media have been making a picnic of it?

Don’t listen to the person who has the answers;
listen to the person who has the questions.
Albert Einstein

Posts: 4410 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

How does Trump do that, and why has he been getting away with it for all these years?

Albert Einstein

Posts: 4410 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
quote:
quote:

Gus, I have great Alex Jones footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3X6zpgym-E

HB

Liberty Food Buckets?

ROTF   :rotf:

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 61311 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ImPeach:
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Victor Laszlo:

HB

Liberty Food Buckets?

ROTF   :rotf:

HB

Posts: 26083 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Does anyone yet know how Alex Jones was able to get away with this for so long?

And why he was permitted to continue even when he was before a court saying he suffered from a psychosis which denied him the ability to tell right from wrong, fact from fiction.

Albert Einstein

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liberty Food Buckets?ROTF   :rotf:
I gave up on parody of RW nuts... you just can't differentiate satire from their unreal reality. Liberty Food Buckets have gotta contain some bags of meth, given alex's behavior.

Celebrate good times, come on
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last
Throughout the years

Posts: 13522 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
This lying has been going on for more than five years.

How come neither the Democrats nor the news media have been making a picnic of it?

Do you have any evidence of that?

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

Posts: 32073 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Five years of Trump.

Along with all too many of the posts here, including the voluminous c&p's.

Add to that a poster here found it necessary to dig up that five-year-old site.

Why?

Judging from many of the comments here I suspect our TV news broadcasts are more reliable than yours.

Before the 2016 election all I knew about him was he was a big deal in real estate and played a role in a TV program I could never bring myself to watch.

Did hope his business background and friendship with Putin might bring about a change in attitude.

Wasn't long before I gave up any hope of that.

Then we had his love affair with Kim Jong-un. That didn't last long, did it.

Albert Einstein

Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
Here's the question, who gave who the first blow job? Was it Roger Stone to Jones? Or Jones to Stone? Or ...

Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:

Five years of Trump.

Along with all too many of the posts here, including the voluminous c&p's.

Add to that a poster here found it necessary to dig up that five-year-old site.

Why?

Judging from many of the comments here I suspect our TV news broadcasts are more reliable than yours.

Before the 2016 election all I knew about him was he was a big deal in real estate and played a role in a TV program I could never bring myself to watch.

Did hope his business background and friendship with Putin might bring about a change in attitude.

Wasn't long before I gave up any hope of that.

Then we had his love affair with Kim Jong-un. That didn't last long, did it.

you're a lying drunken full-of-himself fuc*ing mor*n sociopath. Just like trump...but without the power and fake money. Now, gfy.

HB