Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Hello, Southerners! (a quiz)
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Hello, Southerners! (a quiz)
 Login/Register 
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted

https://twitter.com/southernth.../1138548403741306881

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 41089 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
I ate 7 of them ... but most of them only once.

HB

Posts: 22725 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
I'm sho'nuff southern, sugah. I've eaten 27 of the listed items, plus a couple that didn't make the list; bbq'd rattlesnake and turtle soup.

Funny thing though, most of the guys I've dated for any length of time were from the north. So I'm well acquainted with northern fare too.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4275 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
I've tried at least half of them, but most only once, and grew up with at least eight or so on the home menu. Mom was from the upper mid-west and some southern dishes, having migrated to that region in the last couple hundred years, were often on the dinner table. Nowadays I'll still make some corn pone or a pot of hoppin' john. At least the quiz omitted the now ubiquitous fried chicken.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12659 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
Reply Deleted: (Didn't Expect It Would Result In A Personal Attack)

Impeachment Is Sad For The Country When It's An Attempt To Overturn An Election

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 115131 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post

We’re not guilty of intimidating witnesses or obstruction of justice, and anybody who testifies that we are will be rubbed out.

Posts: 30468 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
I have eaten 14 of the items on the list. My mom cooked chicken and dumplings and fried green tomatoes when I was growing up in New York State.

Lean Cuisine and Amy's don't count.

Now how many?

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 41089 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Does Shake ‘n Bake count?

The late Bill Fallin used to always accuse me of eating chittlins, but I never have. Calling me a chittlin’ eater was just his way of saying that I am an n lover.

We’re not guilty of intimidating witnesses or obstruction of justice, and anybody who testifies that we are will be rubbed out.

Posts: 30468 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reply Deleted: (Didn't Expect It Would Result In A Personal Attack)

Cry   :cry: Drama Queen :drama: Cry   :cry:

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
Seeing it was your topic, I should have expected it.

Impeachment Is Sad For The Country When It's An Attempt To Overturn An Election

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 115131 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
I've tried at least half of them, but most only once, and grew up with at least eight or so on the home menu. Mom was from the upper mid-west and some southern dishes, having migrated to that region in the last couple hundred years, were often on the dinner table. Nowadays I'll still make some corn pone or a pot of hoppin' john. At least the quiz omitted the now ubiquitous fried chicken.

There are a couple on the list I'm not quite sure are really Southern -- like deviled eggs and pear salad -- but I don't know. Maybe they started there and spread. Or maybe it's the way they're made.

Sometimes, though, people just make a wrong assumption. I knew someone who was Jewish and thought "spatula" was a Yiddishism because his bubbe always said it! (Plus it really sounds like it could be, doesn't it?)

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:

Stupid remark. My topics are no more amenable to attacking you than anybody else's. It's really more the sight of you in a thread, any thread, that sets me off.

Smile-Big   :D

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:

The late Bill Fallin used to always accuse me of eating chittlins, but I never have. Calling me a chittlin’ eater was just his way of saying that I am an n lover.

Bill Fallin was an awful, awful person.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
I got an honest 30.

The worst thing on that list is gator.

I ate some cracklins once by accident.

Had me some fried gator tail at Bayou Bills down in the panhandle in 1989 and I can still taste it.

Never heard of Burgoo or chocolate gravy.

I was wondering if liver mush is anything like chopped liver or pate.

Icky is gonna have a conniption that catfish didn't make the cut.

Of course the tomato sandwich!

Dixie

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56530 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
quote:

He didn’t think so.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Stupid remark. My topics are no more amenable to attacking you than anybody else's. It's really more the sight of you in a thread, any thread, that sets me off.

Smile-Big   :D

I didn’t think that was a personal attack. Plus Trucky is NOT a Southerner, he is from New York. Chicken and dumplings are more German than Southern. As a first generation American Trucky, were your parents from Germany?

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56530 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post
quote:
No conniption... just a little suspicious that the author missed catfish.
Or crawfish. Or collards.

If we stop listening to the other side, no matter how much we disagree, then we will grow further and further apart and solutions that we all want will never be found.

Posts: 16915 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
I got an honest 30.

The worst thing on that list is gator.

I ate some cracklins once by accident.

Had me some fried gator tail at Bayou Bills down in the panhandle in 1989 and I can still taste it.

Never heard of Burgoo or chocolate gravy.

I was wondering if liver mush is anything like chopped liver or pate.

Of course the tomato sandwich!

Dixie

The English serve a tomato and cheese sandwich, which surprised me when I first encountered it. I have a feeling the Southern version may be tastier.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
I'm sho'nuff southern, sugah. I've eaten 27 of the listed items, plus a couple that didn't make the list; bbq'd rattlesnake and turtle soup.

Funny thing though, most of the guys I've dated for any length of time were from the north. So I'm well acquainted with northern fare too.

I had a similar score except the rabbit I had in Venezuela and a few of the others in local restaurants! And, where’s the fried okra, or at least okra?

Posts: 5193 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He didn’t think so.

He made Charlie's racism seem run of the mill.

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:

I had a similar score except the rabbit I had in Venezuela and a few of the others in local restaurants! And, where’s the fried okra, or at least okra?

In the jambalaya?

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
I ate 7 of them ... but most of them only once.

HB

The fried baloney I had was Hebrew National and was served in a sandwich. A northern convert to Judaism used to fix them for lunch, in the microwave. The sandwich had catsup on it only. Not too bad.

Posts: 5193 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ictalurus Punctatus:
quote:
No conniption... just a little suspicious that the author missed catfish.
Or crawfish. Or collards.
You’re right about all that stuff. I’ve certainly eaten catfish and crawfish. Maybe the deal with catfish is that so many people who are not Southerners have eaten it.

I avoid collards and okra, although I have had okra in gumbo.

Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Oh yes: gumbo too on the okra. In fact, I've never had it on its own. I gather you don't like it?

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:

In the jambalaya?

Or gumbo, I guess.