Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    3 Unexplained Deaths At Resort in the Dominican Republic
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Reply
  
3 Unexplained Deaths At Resort in the Dominican Republic
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
(CNN)Five days before a Maryland couple were found dead in their hotel room in the Dominican Republic, a Pennsylvania woman collapsed and died at the same resort shortly after she checked in, a family spokesman says.

Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, of Allentown, Pennsylvania, had just checked and enjoyed a drink from a minibar at the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana, family spokesman Jay McDonald told CNN affiliate WFMZ.

Schaup-Werner, who was celebrating her wedding anniversary with her husband, Dan Werner, suddenly collapsed in her hotel room, McDonald said.

"At one point, she was sitting there happily smiling and taking pictures and the next moment she was in acute pain and called out for Dan and she collapsed," McDonald said.

"He was understandably in shock, but the whole thing was just so stunning."

Paramedics were called, and first aid was provided, but Schaup-Werner died in the room, Dominican Republic National Police Col. Frank Felix Durán Mejia told CNN.


Link


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
Tragic. One would think that a luxury resort hotel chain where a room for the night costs more than they pay a worker in two months would take better care of the guests. Grupo Piñero is all over the Caribbean running high class resorts. Apparently they find doing bidness in third-world sh*tholes quite profitable.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump
 
Posts: 12133 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
Tragic. One would think that a luxury resort hotel chain where a room for the night costs more than they pay a worker in two months would take better care of the guests. Grupo Piñero is all over the Caribbean running high class resorts. Apparently they find doing bidness in third-world sh*tholes quite profitable.


For some reason, tonight, CBS21 is reporting 5 deaths whereas they’ve been reporting 3 for the last few days.
 
Posts: 4578 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, of Allentown, Pennsylvania, had just checked and enjoyed a drink from a minibar at the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana, family spokesman Jay McDonald told CNN affiliate WFMZ



One thought is the liquor in the minibars may have been tampered with.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thought is the liquor in the minibars may have been tampered with.

You mean switched, the top-shelf booze for adulterated rotgut sold in a 5 litre jug? Sure, that happens even more often at bars frequented by tourists, from a fancy club in Cancún down to a seamy table dance joint on the Revo in TJ. Seems third-world sh*tholes are prone to sacrificing consumer protection for the sake of a pro-business environment. Come to think of it, repubbies in the U.S. have the same agenda. Caveat emptor.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump
 
Posts: 12133 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
One thought is the liquor in the minibars may have been tampered with.

You mean switched, the top-shelf booze for adulterated rotgut sold in a 5 litre jug? Sure, that happens even more often at bars frequented by tourists, from a fancy club in Cancún down to a seamy table dance joint on the Revo in TJ. Seems third-world sh*tholes are prone to sacrificing consumer protection for the sake of a pro-business environment. Come to think of it, repubbies in the U.S. have the same agenda. Caveat emptor.


Mexico has had a problem with counterfeit liquor. Several cities are working hard to keep it off the market and bar shelves. Apparently it is quite difficult to identify and contain. Of course, tourist areas know they cannot afford a scandal and are pretty safe on day trips.

In many countries even still water sealed are being refilled. It’s possible to do with sparkling, but takes more effort.
 
Posts: 4578 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
California man died in April at Dominican Republic resort after drink from hotel room minibar, family says

quote:
A fourth U.S. tourist died after he fell critically and suddenly ill at an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic about a month before three others died in their rooms, Fox News has learned.

Robert Bell Wallace, 67, of California, became ill almost immediately after he had a scotch from the room minibar at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino resort in Punta Cana, his niece, Chloe Arnold, told Fox News on Sunday. He was in the Dominican Republic to attend his stepson’s wedding.

Arnold said her uncle, an avid traveler, had been in relatively good health and just the month before had been skiing in Lake Tahoe.

Arnold said the family has been particularly concerned after having recently learned of the other seemingly mysterious deaths in the Dominican Republic. Miranda Schaup-Werner, a Pennsylvania woman, died almost four weeks later, on May 25, after she had a drink from her minibar at another hotel, the Bahia Principe La Romana.

"He was fine," Arnold said of her uncle, who owned a construction business and whose obituary page was filled with comments about his generosity and compassion. "He and his wife arrived there at around midnight on April 10. On April 11 he had scotch from the minibar. He started feeling very sick, he had blood in his urine and stool right afterward."


Link


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
(CNN)Five days before a Maryland couple were found dead in their hotel room in the Dominican Republic, a Pennsylvania woman collapsed and died at the same resort shortly after she checked in, a family spokesman says.

Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, of Allentown, Pennsylvania, had just checked and enjoyed a drink from a minibar at the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana, family spokesman Jay McDonald told CNN affiliate WFMZ.

Schaup-Werner, who was celebrating her wedding anniversary with her husband, Dan Werner, suddenly collapsed in her hotel room, McDonald said.

"At one point, she was sitting there happily smiling and taking pictures and the next moment she was in acute pain and called out for Dan and she collapsed," McDonald said.

"He was understandably in shock, but the whole thing was just so stunning."

Paramedics were called, and first aid was provided, but Schaup-Werner died in the room, Dominican Republic National Police Col. Frank Felix Durán Mejia told CNN.


Link


Oh, are these the colored people you're talking about?

HB
 
Posts: 22060 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
People are rethinking whether they want to vacation in the Dominican Republic.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Have you checked the State Dept lists?
 
Posts: 4578 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
Dominican Republic deaths have Americans rethinking their vacations: "We don't want to be next"


quote:
Marci Hudson told CBS News she and her boyfriend recently canceled a trip to Punta Cana.

"It was pretty much like a no-brainer," Hudson said. "They don't really have a clear explanation as to what's happening ... we're not even gonna risk it. We don't want to be next."

CBS News found several other people on social media who claimed they also recently canceled their trips. Bahia Principe says none of the deaths at its resorts was connected, and Miranda Schaup-Werner died of a heart attack. Hard Rock Hotel and Casino said it is confident all operational protocols were followed.

News of this latest death in the Dominican Republic came just after former Red Sox star David Ortiz was gunned down in his hometown of Santo Domingo.

The country's attorney general told local media after the shooting of Ortiz that the Dominican Republic is "secure, but definitely has many challenges." The tourism minister basically says the deaths are just coincidences.

On its travel advisory alerts, the U.S. State Department rates the Dominican Republic a level two out of four – urging visitors to "exercise increased caution."




Link


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
Dominican Republic deaths have Americans rethinking their vacations: "We don't want to be next"


quote:
Marci Hudson told CBS News she and her boyfriend recently canceled a trip to Punta Cana.

"It was pretty much like a no-brainer," Hudson said. "They don't really have a clear explanation as to what's happening ... we're not even gonna risk it. We don't want to be next."

CBS News found several other people on social media who claimed they also recently canceled their trips. Bahia Principe says none of the deaths at its resorts was connected, and Miranda Schaup-Werner died of a heart attack. Hard Rock Hotel and Casino said it is confident all operational protocols were followed.

News of this latest death in the Dominican Republic came just after former Red Sox star David Ortiz was gunned down in his hometown of Santo Domingo.

The country's attorney general told local media after the shooting of Ortiz that the Dominican Republic is "secure, but definitely has many challenges." The tourism minister basically says the deaths are just coincidences.

On its travel advisory alerts, the U.S. State Department rates the Dominican Republic a level two out of four – urging visitors to "exercise increased caution."




Link


I suggest they stay in their home here too. Lock the doors and don’t take showers or answer their door.
 
Posts: 4578 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
"It was pretty much like a no-brainer," Hudson said. "They don't really have a clear explanation as to what's happening ... we're not even gonna risk it. We don't want to be next."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
For the Dominican Republic, six U.S. tourist deaths, the shooting of David Ortiz and a new image problem

quote:
SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS, Dominican Republic —The grounds and orchid-filled interior of the Grand Bahia Principe Resort appear half-empty. Dozens of unoccupied tables surround the buffet restaurant; vacant chairs lie scattered near the serpentine pool. The hotel boasts more than 400 rooms. But on Tuesday, only a smattering of about 30 people relaxed — or tried to — on the private beach.

Two of the six American tourists who have died mysteriously on this Caribbean island in the past year died at the Grand Bahia Principe — a fact that has not gone unnoticed among prospective customers since the news broke last week. Yet that didn’t deter some offseason guests — especially those who had paid in advance.

“We were about to cancel our trip,” said Noemy Morales, a 67-year-old retiree from Texas who booked her trip months before the deaths became news. She came to celebrate her 50th anniversary with her husband, joined by her sister and a friend.

“But we wouldn’t be refunded, so I insisted we come,” she continued. “Our relatives back home told us to be careful, and that they would pray for us. As if they felt bad for us!”

Morales’s concerns underscored a painful plight for the Dominican Republic. This country of azure waters and white sand beaches, which attracts more American visitors than France, is suddenly facing a potentially devastating image problem.

“Unfortunately, the unrelated incidents coincided in timing,” said André Van Der Horst, tourism adviser to the Dominican Republic government.


Link


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
You are becoming repetitive...

Dix


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Why bite when a growl will suffice?”....Oskar the dog
 
Posts: 55039 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
On its travel advisory alerts, the U.S. State Department rates the Dominican Republic a level two out of four – urging visitors to "exercise increased caution."
State Dept. travel advisories are directed at tourists, and caution is good advice for visitors who probably don't know the area, language, and customs-- and may also be drunk and stupid. Travel advisories also have a priority to protect multinational tourism interests.
I figure trucky's system is a lot simpler, at least for him: Go somewhere and see a few dark faces, exercise extreme caution. See a lot of dark faces, like the DR, leave quickly.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump
 
Posts: 12133 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
You are becoming repetitive...

Dix



The FBI is now investigating the deaths.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
On its travel advisory alerts, the U.S. State Department rates the Dominican Republic a level two out of four – urging visitors to "exercise increased caution."
State Dept. travel advisories are directed at tourists, and caution is good advice for visitors who probably don't know the area, language, and customs-- and may also be drunk and stupid. Travel advisories also have a priority to protect multinational tourism interests.
I figure trucky's system is a lot simpler, at least for him: Go somewhere and see a few dark faces, exercise extreme caution. See a lot of dark faces, like the DR, leave quickly.


quote:
US State Department officials have issued a travel advisory for American tourists heading to the DR, telling vacationers to exercise 'increased caution'.

'Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic,' the advisory stated on April 15. 'The wide availability of weapons, the use and trade of illicit drugs, and a weak criminal justice system contribute to the high level of criminality on the broader scale.'


Link


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
US State Department officials have issued a travel advisory for American tourists heading to the DR, telling vacationers to exercise 'increased caution'.

'Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic,' the advisory stated on April 15. 'The wide availability of weapons, the use and trade of illicit drugs, and a weak criminal justice system contribute to the high level of criminality on the broader scale.'

Yes, I'm aware of U.S. State Dept. travel advisories and in the experience of traveling throughout places from civil war zones, such as Central America in the 80's, areas controlled by narco thugs, and presently residing in a Mexican state declared level 4, perhaps I've learned a few things about U.S. State Dept. travel advisories. But I'm so humbled that you know what you know because you just know it and keep your information current perched on a couch with FNC blaring 24/7 and waiting for a push notification from clownhall, english tabloids, or a trump tweet.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump
 
Posts: 12133 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
FNC blaring 24/7


I'm listening to Bluegrass Music on Pandora as I type this.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
KILLED BY BOOZE? Cops ‘probing whether bootleg alcohol killed eight US tourists who mysteriously died in Dominican Republic resorts’


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...ath-bootleg-alcohol/


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We reiterate our firm commitment to collaborating completely with the authorities and hope for a prompt resolution of their inquiries and actions and will not be making any further statements...

“We reiterate that we completely disagree with the dissemination of false information issued publicly which threatens the image and reputation of the company and the integrity and rights of our employees and their families, reserving, where necessary, the right to take the appropriate legal action.”

Is must be out of a standard corporate play book, or that of someone who "runs a country like a business".
1. Promise cooperation with authorities but don't talk.
2. Attribute the problem to... FAKE NEWS!!!
3. Deflect and counterattack.

Seems familiar.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump
 
Posts: 12133 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:
(CNN)Five days before a Maryland couple were found dead in their hotel room in the Dominican Republic, a Pennsylvania woman collapsed and died at the same resort shortly after she checked in, a family spokesman says.

Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, of Allentown, Pennsylvania, had just checked and enjoyed a drink from a minibar at the Bahia Principe Hotel in La Romana, family spokesman Jay McDonald told CNN affiliate WFMZ.

Schaup-Werner, who was celebrating her wedding anniversary with her husband, Dan Werner, suddenly collapsed in her hotel room, McDonald said.

"At one point, she was sitting there happily smiling and taking pictures and the next moment she was in acute pain and called out for Dan and she collapsed," McDonald said.

"He was understandably in shock, but the whole thing was just so stunning."

Paramedics were called, and first aid was provided, but Schaup-Werner died in the room, Dominican Republic National Police Col. Frank Felix Durán Mejia told CNN.


Link


Please tell us about your many trips to the Dominican Republic, charlie-annski. Obviously, it's of great concern to you. Are you thinking of changing vacation plans this year?

HB
 
Posts: 22060 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
People are rethinking whether they want to vacation in the Dominican Republic.
A lot more people will be vacationing in Venezuela.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quinnipiac Poll: Ebola Virus 52%, Trump 38%
 
Posts: 29637 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
People are rethinking whether they want to vacation in the Dominican Republic.
A lot more people will be vacationing in Venezuela.


A lot less are vacationing in Cuba thanks to President Trump.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump
 
Posts: 112409 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 2  
 

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    3 Unexplained Deaths At Resort in the Dominican Republic

© 2003-2018 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.