Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    21 Republican Senators
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

21 Republican Senators
 Login/Register 
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted
quote:
I'm not violating any pledge of journalistic confidentially in reporting this: 21 Republican Sens–in convos w/ colleagues, staff members, lobbyists, W. House aides–have repeatedly expressed extreme contempt for Trump & his fitness to be POTUS.

The 21 GOP Senators who have privately expressed their disdain for Trump are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.

With few exceptions, their craven public silence has helped enable Trump’s most grievous conduct—including undermining and discrediting the US the electoral system.

Carl Bernstein

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trump is now officially the President-reject.

Posts: 32440 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
A parade of heroes!

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44693 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post
I think the concept of circling the wagons is what is happening against the tribalism of the opposition.

When was the last high profile crappy Dem excoriated in public by the party elites?

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19400 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
projection

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 13458 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ictalurus Punctatus:
I think the concept of circling the wagons is what is happening against the tribalism of the opposition.

When was the last high profile crappy Dem excoriated in public by the party elites?

The last time a Dem (crappy or otherwise) refused to concede even as he or she lost 33 times and counting in the courts of at least five states.

But of course: Trump's not getting excoriated in public by party elites, is he?

And: let's ask the former Senator Al Franken if he has any thoughts on the subject.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44693 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
let's ask the former Senator Al Franken if he has any thoughts on the subject.

Well he’s certainly smart enough, he’s good enough and gosh darn it, people like him.

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19400 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
let's ask the former Senator Al Franken if he has any thoughts on the subject.

Well he’s certainly smart enough, he’s good enough and gosh darn it, people like him.

I'll take that as a concession that your post was insupportable.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
even as he or she lost 33 times and counting in the courts of at least five states.

The only thing I remember failing close to that many times was the 52+ attempts to repeal the ACA, but that was the Republicans too.

Too eyw has spoken out about the PA lawsuits, but that’s been after he announced he would not seek another term or the governorship.

Posts: 11494 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
I think Catfish has a point. Those Democrat tribalists have literally forced Trump not to concede and the Republican Senators to circle the wagons to support Trump’s entirely rational claims. The Party of Personal Responsibility (and the party that resolutely opposes frivolous lawsuits) really has no freedom of choice in the matter.

Trump is not a deranged narcissist and it is literally impossible for Republicans to be racists and hypocrites, because Jesus says they’re not.

The American Revolution was all about the rights of Englishmen. And what were Englishmen? White, of course. The founders of the republic didn’t say that the President had to be a white male because it was so obvious to them that they didn’t need to. It was just an oversight. Obama and Harris are abominations. There’s nothing racist or sexist about this. All Republicans realize that it’s just common sense.

Our rights do not come from the government or even from the constitution. Our rights come from God. White people have the right to elect the President and Trump won the majority of the white vote. It used to be that voter suppression, gerrymandering, and the electoral college were sufficient to protect our rights. Now that it appears that even the electoral college is no longer enough to hold back the tide of tribalism and mob rule, we will just have to circle the wagons, abandon democracy, and have a dictatorship, or at least a white nationalist republic like South Africa before the end of apartheid.

Posts: 32440 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
I think Catfish has a point. Those Democrat tribalists have literally forced Trump not to concede and the Republican Senators to circle the wagons to support Trump’s entirely rational claims. The Party of Personal Responsibility (and the party that resolutely opposes frivolous lawsuits) really has no freedom of choice in the matter.

Trump is not a deranged narcissist and it is literally impossible for Republicans to be racists and hypocrites, because Jesus says they’re not.

The American Revolution was all about the rights of Englishmen. And what were Englishmen? White, of course. The founders of the republic didn’t say that the President had to be a white male because it was so obvious to them that they didn’t need to. It was just an oversight. Obama and Harris are abominations. There’s nothing racist or sexist about this. All Republicans realize that it’s just common sense.

Our rights do not come from the government or even from the constitution. Our rights come from God. White people have the right to elect the President and Trump won the majority of the white vote. It used to be that voter suppression, gerrymandering, and the electoral college were sufficient to protect our rights. Now that it appears that even the electoral college is no longer enough to hold back the tide of tribalism and mob rule, we will just have to circle the wagons, abandon democracy, and have a dictatorship, or at least a white nationalist republic like South Africa before the end of apartheid.

Well now that that’s clear .... ROTF   :rotf:

Posts: 11494 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:

He has his sarcasm tuned to beast mode.

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
But what about those of us who don't have a wagon?

Posts: 9754 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:

He has his sarcasm tuned to beast mode.
I’m intolerant, sort of like African Americans being prejudiced against the Ku Klux Klan.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
African Americans being prejudiced against the Ku Klux Klan.

Love it!

Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm not violating any pledge of journalistic confidentially in reporting this: 21 Republican Sens–in convos w/ colleagues, staff members, lobbyists, W. House aides–have repeatedly expressed extreme contempt for Trump & his fitness to be POTUS.

The 21 GOP Senators who have privately expressed their disdain for Trump are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.

With few exceptions, their craven public silence has helped enable Trump’s most grievous conduct—including undermining and discrediting the US the electoral system.

Carl Bernstein

I hope their disdain and extreme content (sic) are enough for my liking!

HB

Posts: 25603 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Oh, the irony:

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3387 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
quote:

The last time a Dem (crappy or otherwise) refused to concede even as he or she lost 33 times and counting in the courts of at least five states.

But of course: Trump's not getting excoriated in public by party elites, is he?

And: let's ask the former Senator Al Franken if he has any thoughts on the subject.

Too Shay!

“Life isn’t fair but the government should be.”...Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

Posts: 60821 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Oh, the irony:

Look, ya provocative little asswïpe (sorry, Dewey; Allan stole your title). I didn't ask Dewey to become my personal research assistant/gofer as you're wont to do, a ploy that you obviously use as a way to bring discussion to a screeching halt -- and with great success, I might add.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Oh, the irony:

Look, ya provocative little asswïpe (sorry, Dewey; Allan stole your title). I didn't ask Dewey to become my personal research assistant/gofer as you're wont to do, a ploy that you obviously use as a way to bring discussion to a screeching halt -- and with great success, I might add.

How simple it is to provoke the reactions I want.

Easy peasy.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh, the irony:

How simple it is to provoke the reactions I want.

Easy peasy.

Then you have no complaint, do you?

In any case, happy to oblige.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then you have no complaint, do you?

I never have any complaints.

quote:
In any case, happy to oblige.

Thank you again, ma'am.

Any chance we can keep this up?

Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
"I never have any complaints"

In addition to being a stupid cad, you're a liar. I can't stand people who think they have it all together when in fact, they're falling apart. It's time for you to find a team of psychotherapists to examine you within a locked institution for at least 2 years. Don't speak to any of us until the doctors allow you out of the straighjacket and let you speak.
I, for one, won't miss you one bit.

HB

Posts: 25603 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
In addition to being a stupid cad, you're a liar.

Took me a while, but I've finally managed to cope with the posters here who claim they hate Trump but in fact idolise him, faithfully following his unsuportable-allegation ritual.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
BTW it is straitjacket.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
In addition to being a stupid cad, you're a liar.

Took me a while, but I've finally managed to cope with the posters here who claim they hate Trump but in fact idolise him, faithfully following his unsuportable-allegation ritual.

The only way I know to break the hold of a cult is for someone who understands how the cult works to do the de programming. For those less entrenched it’s important to learn what’s happening around you less one ultimate become a part of an auxiliary cult.