Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Have you thought about Scientology
      Page: 1 2 3 4 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Have you thought about Scientology
 Login/Register 
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKE___SHqWr/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

Posts: 32042 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Not in the context of Trump I haven’t. I doubt his followers have either.

I found this on wiki

quote:
During the 1970s Hubbard's followers engaged in a program of criminal infiltration of the U.S. government, resulting in several executives of the organization being convicted and imprisoned for multiple offenses by a U.S. Federal Court.[24][25][26] In 1992, a court in Canada convicted the Scientology Church in Toronto of spying on law enforcement and government agencies, and criminal breach of trust, later upheld by the Ontario Court of Appeal.[27][28] The Church of Scientology was convicted of fraud by a French court in 2009, a decision upheld by the supreme Court of Cassation in 2013.[29]

The Church of Scientology has been described by government inquiries, international parliamentary bodies, scholars, law lords, and numerous superior court judgements as both a dangerous cult and a manipulative profit-making business.[36]

So, maybe they are more connected in purpose than I might have thought.

Posts: 12014 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
I thought it was funny. They guy was obviously making fun of the stupid people.

“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

Posts: 32042 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Not in the context of Trump I haven’t. I doubt his followers have either.

I found this on wiki

quote:
During the 1970s Hubbard's followers engaged in a program of criminal infiltration of the U.S. government, resulting in several executives of the organization being convicted and imprisoned for multiple offenses by a U.S. Federal Court.[24][25][26] In 1992, a court in Canada convicted the Scientology Church in Toronto of spying on law enforcement and government agencies, and criminal breach of trust, later upheld by the Ontario Court of Appeal.[27][28] The Church of Scientology was convicted of fraud by a French court in 2009, a decision upheld by the supreme Court of Cassation in 2013.[29]

The Church of Scientology has been described by government inquiries, international parliamentary bodies, scholars, law lords, and numerous superior court judgements as both a dangerous cult and a manipulative profit-making business.[36]

So, maybe they are more connected in purpose than I might have thought.

LOL!   :lol:

That's hilarious, Vic.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45179 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
I thought it was.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
My copy of L. Ron Hubbard's Battlefield Earth, rated a #1 international bestseller, is dated 1985.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 4143 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
My copy of L. Ron Hubbard's Battlefield Earth, rated a #1 international bestseller, is dated 1985.

ROTF   :rotf:

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Are we to take it you have yet to hear of L. Ron Hubbard?

Posts: 4143 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve heard of him, but he’s a scammer as far as I’m concern.

Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Victor Laszlo:
quote:

Seems some current Sci Fi readers agree with you! The newer publication has added pages. But the complaints seem to be about the literary things like character development, and story line.

One person complained that sci fi by definition touches on science and this tome did not. Another said the religion part could be ignored but not the rest.

Posts: 12014 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This is how I think of him too: Scientology. Big time scammer.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45179 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/vPBiGtVmir4

From Boston Legal.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

As far as you are concerned.

I am not defending him, but how much research have you actually factually carried out on him?

Whatever his mental issues, Hubbard had a lot going for him. Many a country mile ahead of any "scammer".

I doubt John W. Campbell JR was a mug.

https://longreads.com/2017/02/...on-of-l-ron-hubbard/

Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am not defending him, but how much research have you actually factually carried out on him?

Whatever his mental issues, Hubbard had a lot going for him. Many a country mile ahead of any "scammer".

Shut up you fuc*ing ****. Every time you write something...anything...you nauseate everyone. Now crawl back into the crocodile swamp from whence you came.

HB

Posts: 25978 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Stop giving me endgrams. I’ll never reach the bridge to total freedom.

ROTF   :rotf:

Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
quote:
quote:

Shut up you fuc*ing ****. Every time you write something...anything...you nauseate everyone. Now crawl back into the crocodile swamp from whence you came.

HB

Rewatched Crocodile Dundee recently, eh?

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19769 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ictalurus Punctatus:
quote:
quote:
quote:

HB

I don't believe I've ever watched Crocodile Dundee, except for excerpts from a promotion or commercial. Is there a famous line?

HB

Posts: 25978 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there a famous line?

Not one you'd understand.

Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

HB

I don't believe I've ever watched Crocodile Dundee, except for excerpts from a promotion or commercial. Is there a famous line?

HB

Ssh, HB. Crocodile Dundee is Australia's idea of high concept.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
A common notion commonly espoused by common people.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you ever come across Steve Irwin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Irwin

Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19769 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to mention daughter Bindi who lost her dad but has grown up to be a lovely young woman.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Crikey, that link I provided on Steve shows what an amazing bloke he was.