Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Biden and Texas
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Biden and Texas
 Login/Register 
Gawd-like News VIP
Picture of TheOldMole
posted
This is something a friend of mine posted on Facebook:

Just to be clear.
In January, Texas Republicans introduced a bill to secede from the United States.

Yesterday, the Texas governor and both senators (including Ted Cruz) asked Biden for an emergency declaration because their private electrical grid failed.

Several years ago, Cruz voted against federal relief for New England states affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Last year during rolling blackouts in California, Cruz and several other Texas Republicans shredded California Democrats for supposedly being at fault for the outages.

Texas, a red state, did not go for Biden.

Biden granted the emergency declaration without making fun of Texas, without bringing up the secession bill, without pointing out all the **** Cruz has said about him, and without criticizing the state’s decision to get off the national grid to evade federal regulations.

He just did it. Because Texans are Americans, too. And they’re hurting, and need relief.

Just to be clear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Otis (Tad) Richards
TheOldMole
of the MoleNet

http://opusforty.blogspot.com/

" Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon."
-- Santayana

Posts: 42423 | Location: Upstate New York | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Nicely said! Grudges don’t belong in politics.

Just heard from an aunt who had power until Wednesday when a branch covered in ice crashed down on a power line. She knew to leave dripping water, turned on the outside light and had friends, on a different grid (her words),let her stay with them until she had power. The outside light was so the neighbor could call her when she had power back. She’s lived in Texas all her life but part was in West Texas, which made her well prepared!

I’ve asked about her electric bill.

Posts: 12479 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just to be clear.
In January, Texas Republicans introduced a bill to secede from the United States.

Yesterday, the Texas governor and both senators (including Ted Cruz) asked Biden for an emergency declaration because their private electrical grid failed.

Several years ago, Cruz voted against federal relief for New England states affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Last year during rolling blackouts in California, Cruz and several other Texas Republicans shredded California Democrats for supposedly being at fault for the outages.

Texas, a red state, did not go for Biden.

Biden granted the emergency declaration without making fun of Texas, without bringing up the secession bill, without pointing out all the **** Cruz has said about him, and without criticizing the state’s decision to get off the national grid to evade federal regulations.

He just did it. Because Texans are Americans, too. And they’re hurting, and need relief.

Just to be clear.
Applause   :applause: There's plenty bullsh^t some Texans spew, but there are enough honorable Americans in such a big state that more than make up for the dumbasses.

Celebrate good times, come on
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last
Throughout the years

Posts: 13571 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's plenty bullsh^t some Texans spew, but there are enough honorable Americans in such a big state that more than make up for the dumbasses.

I read something about Beto helping in some areas.

Posts: 12479 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
There's plenty bullsh^t some Texans spew, but there are enough honorable Americans in such a big state that more than make up for the dumbasses.

I read something about Beto helping in some areas.

Beto and AOC.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45552 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
CJ is back on line after over fifty hours without power in Kileen. She said their mobile camper saved them. I don’t know how many. Saw her on FB this morning.

Great story Mole.

And yeah...AOC. She raised just over a million on social media.

Posts: 61652 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beto and AOC.

I mentioned Beto because he ran against Ted! But yes several helping still.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ImPeach:
CJ is back on line after over fifty hours without power in Kileen. She said their mobile camper saved them. I don’t know how many. Saw her on FB this morning.

Great story Mole.

And yeah...AOC. She raised just over a million on social media.

Good to hear CJ is back. And yes, I’ve thought a camper, if unwinterized could help us even here. We’d need water in the tank, but the rest runs on batteries and propane. But not campers are 4 season, and they can get really cold too.

Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glad to hear she's doing alright. A camper is fine if it's well insulated. First year college I lived in a 12 footer a semester for a winter, cold but not where it ever got much below freezing. 20lb tank of propane for heat/light cooking needed filling once a month.

Celebrate good times, come on
There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last
Throughout the years

Posts: 13571 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
Applause   :applause:

“The fact that we blurr women’s nipples and men’s azz cracks but we don’t cover Ted Crux’s face is quite unsettling!”

Posts: 32165 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
I’m Going Down to Sing in Texas

Posts: 61652 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
Of course the American rescue plan is considered blue state bail outs by conservatives.

“The fact that we blurr women’s nipples and men’s azz cracks but we don’t cover Ted Crux’s face is quite unsettling!”

Posts: 32165 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
I would've told Joe not to be such a sucker. No one...not Democratics or Republicans will appreciate him trying to be a good Democratic President...which he is, already. Nope...I'll never forget as long as I live that 44 out of 50 republican Senators acquitted trump of inciting an insurrection against our country and our own Capitol building when the evidence was right in front of them. With video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB

Posts: 26296 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Biden really needs to go to Texas and throw paper towels at the Texans.

“Send lawyers, guns, and money. Dad, get me out of this.”
Matt Gaetz

Posts: 32684 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
Biden really needs to go to Texas and throw paper towels at the Texans.

ROTF   :rotf:

Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
The Governor of Texas has lifted all mask restrictions and has given the go-ahead for 100 percent indoor occupancy.

Where is the Lincoln Project when they're needed most. ...

What's a purple pentode? Why, it's one that's gassy!

Posts: 15808 | Location: USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by purplepentode:
The Governor of Texas has lifted all mask restrictions and has given the go-ahead for 100 percent indoor occupancy.

It will be an interesting case study. Obviously you think this will cause a sharp increase in cases. But maybe it won’t.

If you google “Texas Covid tracker” google gives us this:

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19949 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ictalurus Punctatus:
quote:
Originally posted by purplepentode:

It will be an interesting case study. Obviously you think this will cause a sharp increase in cases. But maybe it won’t.

If you google “Texas Covid tracker” google gives us this:
You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away. When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done. It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens.

We're going to be opening relatively soon... I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter. Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country.

So far, Catfish has been about as accurate as he was about Saddam Hussein’s massive arsenal of nuclear and biological weapons.

“Send lawyers, guns, and money. Dad, get me out of this.”
Matt Gaetz

Posts: 32684 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obviously you think this will cause a sharp increase in cases. But maybe it won’t.

Preponderance of evidence says it will.
Why, do you suppose, restrictions prevailed up until this week?
Furthermore, the Texas governor has four COVID medical advisors on staff who all find this new announcement appalling. Did I mention the governor didn’t play his thoughts before these staff advisors before he acted entirely on his own?

Businesses still have the right to insist on guidelines. The Texas police will lose lives as gun-toting asshle patrons insist it’s their right to defy those guidelines.

520,000 deaths. Have you no shame?

Posts: 15808 | Location: USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
you must really despise Cuomo.

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19949 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
you must really despise Cuomo.

I'm not a Cuomo fan.

But he's got nothing on Trump when it comes to killing Americans.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 45552 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
The communist regime in China let that virus spread without saying a word. These deaths are really on them.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
We have a Scot's expression you might look up:

Ca' canny.

This practising pendant is having a ball on the legality of published opinions which, I say and have yet to be contradicted, can be seen as libellous Wink   ;)

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of purplepentode
posted Hide Post
I have less than zero interest in looking it up.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
MYOB

Don't you always chastise me when I respond to any post directed at someone else?

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post