Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    John Lewis: Being racist must be in Trump's DNA
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

John Lewis: Being racist must be in Trump's DNA
 Login/Register 
Aallegiant
Picture of The Fox God
posted
Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) blasted President Donald Trump’s characterization of Haiti and African nations as “****holes,” adding that being racist “must be” in Trump’s DNA.

“It’s frightening to have someone in the office of the president in 2018 speaking the way that he’s speaking,” the civil rights legend told Katie Tur on MSNBC on Friday.

Lewis was one of several U.S. and international leaders who condemned Trump’s comment in an Oval Office meeting with lawmakers Thursday. Trump reportedly referred to Haiti and African nations as “****hole” countries, and slammed proposals to restore protections for their immigrants, most of whom are black. He wondered why more people from places like Norway weren’t immigrating to the U.S.

Lewis called it “unreal” and “unbelievable” to “hear the president of the United States of America saying something like this.” He added: “We’re one people, we’re one family. We all live in the same house, the American house. I don’t think language like this is in keeping with the future of our country, the future of the planet.”

He said Trump’s “words and his actions tend to speak like one who knows something about being a racist. It must in his DNA, in his makeup.”

Lewis said the president “must be a leader. He must be a headlight and not a taillight.”

Lewis plans to skip the president’s State of the Union address Jan. 30 because, he said, he cannot in “all good conscience” be in the same room with the president “with what he has said about so many Americans. I just cannot do it. I wouldn’t be honest with myself.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...inblnkushpmg00000009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://imgflip.com/i/22j9ft

Posts: 43502 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
Some of the images I've seen coming out of Africa certainly fit the ****hole description.

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 97656 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
This racist crap is nothing but the same old Democratic fake news propaganda to be used in up coming elections, as is President Trump has mental problem, as is the Trump Russia connection.
All are fake news propaganda and if this is what Democrats are going to run on, they will live to regret it!

For halloween I'm going as a LIBERAL, but I'll stay home and you can give me half your candy.

Posts: 2094 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget that John Lewis did not attend Trump's inauguration.

Posts: 97656 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some of the images I've seen coming out of Africa certainly fit the ****hole description.
Africa, Haiti, Detroit, Chicago, NYC have been described that way. Depends on what color of people live there.wink   :wink:

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 9366 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:
****·hole
ˈ****ˌhōl/
noun
vulgar slang
noun:
1. an extremely dirty, shabby, or otherwise unpleasant place.

Again, how do you Liberals get anything racist out of that?

For halloween I'm going as a LIBERAL, but I'll stay home and you can give me half your candy.

Posts: 2094 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
quote:
****·hole
ˈ****ˌhōl/
noun
vulgar slang
noun:

Let Josh Marshall explain it to you. As posted elsewhere on this site, in a response to your partner in racist idiocy:
quote:

Closer to President Trump’s ugly usage, Trump wouldn’t be the only American to call a poor or underdeveloped country a shthole. That’s not okay. But my point here is that there’s nothing inherently wrong with the word – nothing more than any other not for polite conversation swear word. And even this ugly usage doesn’t capture the essence of Trump’s meaning. The context and import of President Trump’s remarks are not simply that the countries are “shtholes.” It’s much more than that. It’s that we don’t want people from those countries because the awfulness of the countries attaches to the people themselves. Speaking of whole classes of people, specifically people of color, as basically garbage – is not only disgusting but entirely of a piece with the campaign President Trump ran in 2016 and the policies he is implementing as President today.

The heart of Trumpism has always been fueled by panic over the decline of white privilege and a rapidly changing demography in which whites are no longer the overwhelming majority of Americans and in a few decades likely won’t be a majority at all. [ed. note: Right, Charlie? Isn't this your big fear?] (The uncertainty is not so much numerical as taking into account the fluid definition of whiteness itself.) This need to yell “stop!”, to turn back the tide to an earlier America is the beating heart of Trumpism.

In the shthole remarks we see it very unadorned: why do we want more low-quality non-white people? To Trump, it is an obvious and urgent question. ...

“They are taking over” is the backdrop of Trumpism. The shthole comments make that crystal clear. ...

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/...he-heart-of-trumpism

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 36427 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
Africa, Haiti, Detroit, Chicago, NYC have been described that way. Depends on what color of people live there.wink   :wink:

There are white people in this country living in ****holes and code enforcement occasionally cracks down on them when neighbors complain.

Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pawn 10:
quote:
****·hole
ˈ****ˌhōl/
noun
vulgar slang
noun:

Let Josh Marshall explain it to you. As posted elsewhere on this site, in a response to your partner in racist idiocy:
quote:

Closer to President Trump’s ugly usage, Trump wouldn’t be the only American to call a poor or underdeveloped country a shthole. That’s not okay. But my point here is that there’s nothing inherently wrong with the word – nothing more than any other not for polite conversation swear word. And even this ugly usage doesn’t capture the essence of Trump’s meaning. The context and import of President Trump’s remarks are not simply that the countries are “shtholes.” It’s much more than that. It’s that we don’t want people from those countries because the awfulness of the countries attaches to the people themselves. Speaking of whole classes of people, specifically people of color, as basically garbage – is not only disgusting but entirely of a piece with the campaign President Trump ran in 2016 and the policies he is implementing as President today.

The heart of Trumpism has always been fueled by panic over the decline of white privilege and a rapidly changing demography in which whites are no longer the overwhelming majority of Americans and in a few decades likely won’t be a majority at all. [ed. note: Right, Charlie? Isn't this your big fear?] (The uncertainty is not so much numerical as taking into account the fluid definition of whiteness itself.) This need to yell “stop!”, to turn back the tide to an earlier America is the beating heart of Trumpism.

In the shthole remarks we see it very unadorned: why do we want more low-quality non-white people? To Trump, it is an obvious and urgent question. ...

“They are taking over” is the backdrop of Trumpism. The shthole comments make that crystal clear. ...

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/...he-heart-of-trumpism

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 36427 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
noun
vulgar slang
noun:

Because when trump uses the term he applies it exclusively to places that are overwhelmingly black or brown, and that indicates racist thought, although more likely unconscious non-thought which is trump's default mode. Had he included dirty or shabby places in rural Appalachia or trailer parks in Florida, it wouldn't seem racist. Nope, he was clearly referring to those people, as opposed to his people. Pure identity politics.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 9366 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
Let's not forget that John Lewis did not attend Trump's inauguration.

You say that like it was a bad thing.

Posts: 43502 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:

There are white people in this country living in ****holes and code enforcement occasionally cracks down on them when neighbors complain.

Yes, there are. But we don't tar the entire country with that, do we? We don't say, "Why are we Americans like this? We aren't we more like those nice neat folks in Scandinavia and Germany?"

Did Fox Noise give you this asinine argument? And you then come on here and repeat it verbatim? I wonder: Does your stupidity have something to do with where you live?

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
or trailer parks in Florida

One was recently shut down that was a real ****hole.

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had he included dirty or shabby places in rural Appalachia or trailer parks in Florida, it wouldn't seem racist

The meeting was about immigration.

Here to stay...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s much more than that. It’s that we don’t want people from those countries because the awfulness of the countries attaches to the people themselves. Speaking of whole classes of people, specifically people of color, as basically garbage – is not only disgusting but entirely of a piece with the campaign President Trump ran in 2016 and the policies he is implementing as President today....The heart of Trumpism has always been fueled by panic over the decline of white privilege and a rapidly changing demography in which whites are no longer the overwhelming majority of Americans and in a few decades likely won’t be a majority at all.

And that is his opinion and the same old propaganda you Liberals have been regurgitating for years every time the issue of immigration comes up.
So what is racist about using the word “ chithole ?

Here to stay...
Picture of Pawn 10
posted Hide Post
Well, lets put the shoe on the other foot.
If President Trump is a racist for wanting to get black and brown people out of living in a chithole, aren't Democrats also racists for all their failed programs they passed in an attempt to do the alleged same thing?

Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Had he included dirty or shabby places in rural Appalachia or trailer parks in Florida, it wouldn't seem racist

The meeting was about immigration.

And that's a reason to tar an entire people?

I'm sure you've heard the statistics regarding the education levels, for example, of immigrants from Nigeria, and the financial resources immigrants from countries in Africa bring with them, despite the fact there are no doubt "shtholes" in those countries with which Trump could -- and did -- tar entire peoples and countries. And that's the point: He doesn't see people with brown or black skin as people -- he sees them as lower life forms soiled by the countries they're from. And so do you.

Aallegiant
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
The reason Trump thinks he's an expert on s***holes is because he's built a lot of them.

Aadmirable
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
The racists see it this way:

A European may immigrate and assimilate fully into American life.

They, believe people of color can assimilate only by miscegenation and that will weaken the superior white race and turn us all beige.

OMG!   :OMG:

Until that happens, they can find plenty about people unlike themselves to hate.

Dixie

MAKE AMERICA DECENT AGAIN

Posts: 48644 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
Food aid from this country is keeping a lot of Africans alive. (when it doesn't get ripped off by their leaders)

Aadmirable
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Food aid from this country is keeping a lot of Africans alive. (when it doesn't get ripped off by their leaders)

Actually China is investing a lot more in Africa than we are.

Dixie Chick

MAKE AMERICA DECENT AGAIN

Posts: 48644 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
The racists see it this way:

A European may immigrate and assimilate fully into American life.

They, believe people of color can assimilate only by miscegenation and that will weaken the superior white race and turn us all beige.

OMG!   :OMG:

Until that happens, they can find plenty about people unlike themselves to hate.

Dixie

Yes. And there is a certain amount of "fluidity" as to who we regard as white, even though whatever we might think of as white at any given point can seem immutable. So, even as we say there was a time when the Irish and the Polish were regarded as coming from "shthole countries" and therefore effectively nonwhite, there's still a part of us (who grew up in this country anyway) who would think, "Yeah but obviously the Irish and Polish are white." Or the Italians, about whom some or many of us might find ourselves thinking, "Okay, maybe the Italians, but still, when you get right down to it, Italians are white."

I'm sure anyone here, other than pawn and Charlie, can read what I just wrote and see the "ways of thinking" -- i.e., the prejudices -- that I absorbed from the culture I grew up in. No one sat me down and taught me who I was to regard as white, and I didn't simply make "objective" observations, because there's nothing objective about what I just wrote. It comes from seeing how the people and culture around me treated people.

Josh Marshall made the same point about miscegenation that Dixie makes here. How frightening it must be to racists to think whatever "lines of distinction" they think of as immutable might begin to blur -- and we will no longer be able to "see with our own eyes" who's "good" and who's a "shthole."

AAA+
posted Hide Post
Democrats see immigrants as votes and that's the bottom line.

Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
And you "know" this because you can't imagine any of us could possibly regard immigrants as people; any positive regard we "claim" to feel can only be because we see immigrants as potential votes.

That's YOUR prejudice, Charlie. Why don't you work a little harder at understanding yourself?

AAA+
posted Hide Post
Then stop bragging about the changing demographics that will keep Republicans out of power.