Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Trump: No More Immigrants from ***hole Countries
      Page: 1 2 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Trump: No More Immigrants from ***hole Countries
 Login/Register 
Aavid
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted
Why can’t we have more immigrants from Norway?

Is anybody shocked?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
None dare call it treason.

Follow Vulgar Freudian on Twitter.

Posts: 26480 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
He must have read Ann Coulter's book.

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 97618 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:

Try to keep up Trucky, Trump doesn't read.

Dixie

MAKE AMERICA DECENT AGAIN

Posts: 48630 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the hole fits . . . .

(Seen on another forum)

Posts: 97618 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Black Mormon Republican Rep. Mia Love from Utah says that Trump must apologize, but then her parents immigrated from a h’sithole country.

Posts: 26480 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ann Coulter is all in favor of white immigrants. To her, they're the only ones that 'count'.

https://imgflip.com/i/22j9ft

Posts: 43487 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:

Is anybody shocked?

Cause people from Norway don’t want to come here.

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Haking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 25675 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aadmirable
    Picture of Dixie Chick
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Born Again Liberal:
    quote:

Is anybody shocked?

Why should they? Norway's public health system and public educational system far outrank the U.S. and their taxes are about the same. Their corporate tax rate is 29.5.

Dixie

Posts: 48630 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    Picture of Gus Rodgers
    posted Hide Post
    This Norwegian would probably be willing to come. Trump would pardon him if he could.

Aally
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    This Norwegian would probably be willing to come. Trump would pardon him if he could.

Yep. Since he's white and a rightwinger, he can't possibly be a terrorist.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 36413 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dixie Chick:
    quote:
    quote:

Is anybody shocked?

Why should they? Norway's public health system and public educational system far outrank the U.S. and their taxes are about the same. Their corporate tax rate is 29.5.

Dixie

In 2010 a little over a thousand immigrants came from Norway. A century ago that figure would often exceed over ten thousand annually. So, yes, it appears that very few want to come here nowadays.

Posts: 43487 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aally
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    How do you say "****hole country" in Norwegian, I wonder.

I assume that's how they'd describe us, especially now that Trump's in the Oval Office.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 36413 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    None of the republicans have any backbone to condemn him.

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

•  
    Posts: 25675 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aally
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    None of the republicans have any backbone to condemn him.

They don't. It's disgusting.

BTW, I heard that after Trump asked his ****hole question and said he wanted Haiti "out" (I assume out of whatever bill they're discussing), someone in the room responded, "Because then it'll be obvious why you're doing it."

Does anyone know who said that?

Aavid
    Picture of Gus Rodgers
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
    According to Google Translate, it’s just ****hole land in Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish.

Aally
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
    According to Google Translate, it’s just ****hole land in Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish.

I just tried writing "****" and "hole" as separate words and got "dritt" and "hull," respectively.

For Swedish, I typed "****" and "hole" separately and got "skit" and "hål." When I typed those two words separately but in the same box, I got "skithål." Very cool!

For Danish, I found "****" = "lorte," "****hole" = "lortehul," but "**** hole" = "**** hul."

Aallegiant
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    It takes an especially low-life bigot to judge an individual based on the country he comes from. But that's Trump for you.

http://www.businessinsider.com...igration-game-2018-1

In practice, a more skills-based immigration system would be unlikely to attract many immigrants from Norway. Norway's GDP is $71,000 per capita. If you're a highly-skilled person in Norway, you probably want to stay there.

As the demographer Lyman Stone notes, immigrants from Africa tend to be far more educated and affluent than typical residents of Africa. A skills-based system would look to the characteristics of individual immigrants, not to the countries they come from.

A key metric in any skills-based immigration system is English proficiency. And there are hundreds of millions of nonwhite English speakers around the world, many of them in Africa.

A policy shift toward more skills-based immigration would probably result in a larger fraction of immigrants coming from Asia and a smaller fraction from Latin America, not a large shift toward Europe, and certainly not toward Norway.

But this immigration policy talk is all kind of beside the point. It was never about the skills.

Wonks and most politicians talk about immigration policy like it's a labor-market policy. But for most voters on both sides of the issue, it's mostly about culture — what kind of people do we want to live around?

Those are the terms in which Trump discusses immigration. He wants a whiter country. And that's why he said what he said.

AAA+
    posted Hide Post
    I just watched a report on the local news which said some of his supporters will agree with him.

Aallegiant
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I just watched a report on the local news which said some of his supporters will agree with him.

Well, we all know what "some of his supporters" are, don't we? So don't think you're telling us something we don't already know.

"As a person from South S***hole, I'm offended!" - Trevor Noah

Aardent
    Picture of BullDoug
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

quote:
    Stop. Read that again. Here's what it means: The President's voicing of a racist remark about the sorts of people whom we are letting into the country is actually a good thing because people who like Trump will agree with him.

Make no mistake: This is the lowest ebb of a presidency defined by a series of low ebbs and defining of the presidency downward. Yes, lower than Trump's comments about Mexico sending us "rapists" and "criminals." Lower than questioning Sen. John McCain's military service. Lower than his impugning of a judge because of his Mexican heritage. Lower than his questioning the motives of a Gold Star family. Lower than the 2,000 mistruths and outright falsehoods he has said since becoming President. Lower than his racially-tinged attacks on the anthem protests by NFL players. Lower even than his "both sides" argument in the wake of white supremacist violence against peaceful protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia.
    This is not only a President of the United States voicing racist sentiment in front of a group of people. It is also doubling down on those sentiments -- proudly! -- because it might advance his political power among his base.

This is -- much like Charlottesville -- an abdication of the moral authority of the presidency, but it's more than that: It's saying, quite simply, that saying racist stuff is a-OK as long as it works politically.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Posts: 30858 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aallegiant
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    Tomorrow's NY Daily News:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYD...ents%2F1026851001%2F

Aavid
    Picture of Gus Rodgers
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    All of those “good people” who marched with the tiki torches in Charlottesville.

Aavid
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Naturally. If you support trump you’re a racist.

•  
    Aallegiant
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Florida) took to her local media to air frustrations with Trump’s comments. She tweeted: “The president calling #Haiti a ‘****hole country’ ignores the contributions thousands of Haitians made to our #SoFla community and nation.”

She later told CBS Miami that “no country deserves to be called a ’****hole.” Speaking to WSVN 7 news, Ros-Lehtinen said that Trump “needs to understand that lives are at stake when he makes such reckless comments.” According to her tweets, she invoked an inscription on the Statue of Liberty: ”‘Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,’ not ‘go back to your ****hole.’”

She told Univision 23 Miami, a Spanish-language news channel, that Trump’s comments on Haiti “do not reflect our country.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...15b4e4b02cebbfda6179

Indeed. This Rep gets it. All nations are equal in the eyes of God.

What Trump doesn't get is the era of massive immigration of white folks from Europe ended several decades ago. Sven and Ole in Norway now consider their own country to be the land of opportunity. Same with most other 'white' nations.

Aallegiant
    Picture of The Fox God
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

This Dane would also be a sterling example.