Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Andrew Gillum hit with federal grand jury subpoena, report says
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Andrew Gillum hit with federal grand jury subpoena, report says
 Login/Register 
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
TALLAHASSEE – A federal grand jury has issued a subpoena to Andrew Gillum, the former Democratic gubernatorial candidate, and his campaign, according to a report from the Tampa Bay Times.

The Times obtained a copy of the subpoena issued to Gillum, which asked for information on: John Jackson, president and CEO of the Massachusetts-based Schott Foundation for Public Education, where Gillum was a board member until 2017; Opportunity to Learn Action Fund, where Gillum was president until at least 2017; Donald Sussman, who donated $1.5 million to Gillum’s campaign; and Sharon Lettman-Hicks, CEO of the National Black Justice Commission, a black LGBTQ advocacy group.

“We stand ready to assist any future review of our work because I am confident we always did the right thing and complied fully with the law,” Gillum said.

Grand jury investigations are secret, so the Times was not provided any details about what the grand jury might be investigating. The FBI would not comment.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 114248 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Will he comply, I wonder? Or will he have some glam shots taken, sink into the malaise of an existential dilemma, and be interviewed by Maggie Haberman of the New York Times?

Oh, wait. That's just for Trumpers. Never mind.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 40999 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
Will he comply, I wonder? Or will he have some glam shots taken, sink into the malaise of an existential dilemma, and be interviewed by Maggie Haberman of the New York Times?

Oh, wait. That's just for Trumpers. Never mind.
C’mon he has to comply. He can’t assert white Republican privilege.

Due process of law was never intended to apply to his kind. Jusy ask Chief Justice Taney.

Save Our Republic
Impeach Brett Kavanaugh!

Posts: 30218 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
All law has been suspended because of trump.

HB

Posts: 22437 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
All law has been suspended because of trump.

HB

LOL!   :lol:

Posts: 114248 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
Old friends, and a grand jury inquiry, follow Andrew Gillum into private business

quote:
Andrew Gillum started a business earlier this year with the same political adviser now embroiled with the former Democratic nominee for governor in an expansive federal investigation.

Sharon Lettman-Hicks is part of CJD Group, LLC., a consultant company Gillum registered Jan. 25. Two months later, federal authorities demanded records on Gillum and Lettman-Hicks in a grand jury subpoena that included several other entities related to the two long-time friends.

Gillum’s business launched after 15 years as an elected official in Tallahassee, the last few clouded by an FBI probe into city hall and capped by an agonizing defeat in November to Republican Ron DeSantis.

Yet rather than a fresh start with a new business, the subpoena is another example of how Gillum has been unable to escape the tentacles of a federal probe that dogged his gubernatorial campaign and now threatens his future political aspirations.

Link

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
Rick Scott Oversaw The Largest Medicare Fraud In The Nation’s History

“Mostly True”... Politifact

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56085 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dixie Chick:

Do as I say, Not as I do!

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
quote:

Do as I say, Not as I do!

And this is what Rick Scott’s Company did:

quote:
• Columbia billed Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal programs for tests that were not necessary or had not been ordered by physicians;

• The company attached false diagnosis codes to patient records to increase reimbursement to the hospitals;

• The company illegally claimed non-reimbursable marketing and advertising costs as community education;

• Columbia billed the government for home health care visits for patients who did not qualify to receive them.

The government settled a second series of similar claims with Columbia/HCA in 2002 for an additional $881 million. The total for the two fines was $1.7 billion.

On Scott’s 2010 campaign website, he admitted to the $1.7 billion fine, though the link is no longer on the site.

Posts: 56085 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
I'm just happy as hell that Ron DeSantis is Governor of Florida!

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just happy as hell that Ron DeSantis is Governor of Florida!

Me too. You deserve him. Smile   :)

AAA+
posted Hide Post
And I was very pleased with the Conservatives that DeSantis appointed to the Florida Supreme Court.

Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I was very pleased with the Conservatives that DeSantis appointed to the Florida Supreme Court.

Appointed what? Learn to write a sentence, cretin. Now, stop annoying us.

HB

Posts: 22437 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
I was extremely pleased.

AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
I am extremely pleased I don’t live in Florida.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Found an article that says Florida is in top 5 of where millennials are moving! Gerrymandering should be interesting.

Posts: 5124 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:

We already have enough Liberals here. wink   :wink:

AAA+
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shining star: Despite being the focal point of a federal grand jury subpoena, Andrew Gillum is still the leading man for Florida Democrats.

Tampa Bay Times

Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We already have enough Liberals here. wink   :wink:

My impression of Florida is that most people are stupid racists like you and Dewey.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29565 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post