Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  News    Who are the leading baby killers?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Who are the leading baby killers?
 Login/Register 
Gawd-like News VIP
Picture of TheOldMole
posted
And this is serious. This is no joke. If you're against foreign aid, if you laugh and mock nutrition programs, if you work to destroy programs like Planned Parenthood who provide prenatal care, you're killing, maiming or destroying more unborn babies than all the abortion providers put together. You are the front line of attack on the unborn.

quote:
Almost one-quarter of all children worldwide ... are stunted from malnutrition.

Here in Guatemala, almost half of children are stunted. In some Mayan villages, it’s 70 percent.

Studies find that malnourished children do less well in school, and the mental impairment is visible in brain scans.

The implication is that billions of I.Q. points are lost to malnutrition, and that the world’s greatest unexploited resource is not oil or gold but the minds of hungry children.

Shawn Baker of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation refers to “the 45 percent-1 percent disconnect.” As he explained: “Malnutrition is the underlying cause of 45 percent of deaths in children under 5, yet less than 1 percent of global foreign assistance goes to addressing undernutrition.

“The bulk of the damage is done in the first 1,000 days — from conception through two years of life — and that damage is largely irreversible.” Aside from cognitive impairment, stunted children grow up to have more health problems in adulthood, and stunted women deliver smaller babies, sometimes perpetuating the poverty cycle.

more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Otis (Tad) Richards
TheOldMole
of the MoleNet

http://opusforty.blogspot.com/

" Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon."
-- Santayana

Posts: 42118 | Location: Upstate New York | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
For years I've seen the ads on TV for contributions to feed starving kids in Africa and it never stops. What's the solution?

Impeachment Is Sad For The Country When It's An Attempt To Overturn An Election

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 115336 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
For years I've seen the ads on TV for contributions to feed starving kids in Africa and it never stops. What's the solution?

So, according to you...no one should try to help out his/her fellow human beings because it's too difficult. jerkfaced-mor*n!

HB

Posts: 22779 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Planned parenthood?

Or, you could let nature handle its own overpopulation.

At one time you needed about 8 children to get 1 to maturity. In poorer countries I’m not sure that has changed.

Posts: 5244 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
quote:

Much of it is in your own hemisphere Trucky.

Dix

Mama says that ****** is as ****** does...... Forrest

Posts: 56660 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheOldMole:
And this is serious. This is no joke. If you're against foreign aid, if you laugh and mock nutrition programs, if you work to destroy programs like Planned Parenthood who provide prenatal care, you're killing, maiming or destroying more unborn babies than all the abortion providers put together. You are the front line of attack on the unborn.

Applause   :applause:

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4331 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post