Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Lifestyle & Culture  Hop To Forums  Military    Someone burned a ‘Trump 2020’ flag while it flew on a Vermont veteran’s lawn, he says
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Someone burned a ‘Trump 2020’ flag while it flew on a Vermont veteran’s lawn, he says
 Login/Register

AAA+
posted
quote:
After someone burned a ‘Trump 2020’ flag flying outside of his house, Gus Klein says he sees his Burlington, Vermont, neighborhood in a whole new light.

“It does make me sad,” Klein said, according to NECN. “I’m going to be 58 years old, and I’ve never seen something like this before. I’ve always lived in this area.”

The veteran of the Afghanistan War told WCAX that after waking up on Sunday morning, he went outside to find a burned piece of fabric resting on his front porch. Then, Klein says, he “noticed that the flagpole was laying on the ground” and the flag wasn’t on it.

Now, Klein says, he is left worrying about his family’s safety.

“Knowing that there’s people out here who do this, there is fear in my mind and it’s not right,” the veteran said, according to WCAX. “I should be able to come and go as I want and we should be able to sleep at night in our own property, so there is fear.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/ne...0.html#storylink=cpy

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I’m going to be 58 years old, and I’ve never seen something like this before.

I don't approve of burning flags. It's useless and counterproductive if anything. What surprised me is that he's a veteran of the war in Afghanistan and his trump flag being burned is the most horrible, tragic thing he's ever experienced in his life, despite there being over 150K deaths in that war. I'm guessing he wasn't very close to the action during his tour of duty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12885 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
What you left out:

quote:
“I’m going to be 58 years old, and I’ve never seen something like this before. I’ve always lived in this area.”

Posts: 116200 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I’m going to be 58 years old, and I’ve never seen something like this before. I’ve always lived in this area.”

Got it. His tour of duty in Afghanistan must have been exceedingly brief, but I'll leave it to somebody like Mole to diagnose semantics and punctuation.
Anyway, if a 58 year old guy lived his whole life someplace--- and a burning trump flag is most tragic thing he ever saw, I'd say he's been rather fortunate. Never seen a really bad accident or a kid get run over. Never seen somebody's house burn down. Never seen a friend in the final stages of cancer. A pretty charmed life, IMO, but some will Cry   :cry: about any little thing, and you know how the mainstream media is, 'specially on a slow news day.

More votes equals a loss.... revolution!! The Electoral College is a disaster to Democracy. The whole world is laughing at us! donald trump

Posts: 12885 | Location: OOC | Mbr Since: 11-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
posted Hide Post
You left it out because you needed a way to run down the Vet's military service because he's a Trump supporter.

AAA+
Picture of ImPeach
posted Hide Post
Good grief!

It's a good thing the poor guy doesn't live in Frogville.

It may look like Mayberry but we have some very opinionated car keyed vandals, destroyers of signs and cross burners too. No one calls the sheriff. He's busy arresting that lady that rides down the highway on her lawnmower DUI. Roll Eyes   :rolleyes: Once I threw a chocolate yogurt at a white sports car that stole my parking place.

Posts: 57087 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:
ou left it out because you needed a way to run down the Vet's military service because he's a Trump supporter.

No, I didn't run down his military service. He's the one who said he served in Afghanistan and never saw anything there even as tragic as a burning piece of fabric--- and didn't either in 58 years of life in Vermont. Just saying that he's lived a life remarkably free of experiencing trauma. A blessedly fortunate individual, especially for a combat veteran.

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't approve of burning flags. It's useless and counterproductive if anything.
Personally, I don't care one way or the other.

BURNING it, has about as much impact as FLYING it (that is to say... there is no impact on me). Let these crazies do their stuff in public, so we KNOW who they are (when the time comes for action). Wink   ;)

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Perro Pedorro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, that's my view-- and more importantly one backed by the Constitution which also doesn't give a sh*t if you burn the flag or feel obligated to wrap yourself in it or have a little lapel pin. That's the right veterans fought for-- at least the ones who were aware of what the fight was about.

Admin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:

Yeah, that's my view-- and more importantly one backed by the Constitution which also doesn't give a sh*t if you burn the flag or feel obligated to wrap yourself in it or have a little lapel pin. That's the right veterans fought for-- at least the ones who were aware of what the fight was about.
YOU GET IT, my friend!
Applause   :applause:

How can a claimed WWII Veteran (i.e., the usual suspect) NOT get it?

DJT's THEME SONG:

~ I know, you know, that I'm not telling the truth. ~

~ I know, you know, they're busy gathering proof. ~

~ Embrace my deceptions - learn how to bend, ~

~ Or these investigations will surely mean my end. ~

(loosely adapted from the TV Show "Psych" Lyrics, performed by "The Friendly Indians")

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perro Pedorro:
quote:
“I’m going to be 58 years old, and I’ve never seen something like this before.

I don't approve of burning flags. It's useless and counterproductive if anything. What surprised me is that he's a veteran of the war in Afghanistan and his trump flag being burned is the most horrible, tragic thing he's ever experienced in his life, despite there being over 150K deaths in that war. I'm guessing he wasn't very close to the action during his tour of duty.

Hmmm, I’m thinking if it’s your flag and it helps you express you frustration it could be a good thing. At least better than shooting someone to make whatever point you are trying to make!

Posts: 5787 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
What you left out:

quote:

So what's your point?

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49395 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
That's not nearly as bad as being assaulted at a Trump rally.

Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 49395 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post