Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your Aantares.com  Hop To Forums  Announcements & News    Diane Murray
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Diane Murray
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
Picture of Gitana
posted
My mom, whom you have all known for many, many years, passed away this afternoon, after a short, one week battle following aortic artery replacement.

Everyone was with her, and she was not conscious and so passed easily.

She enjoyed many of you for so many years; I just wanted you to know the many times she would talk about the great fun (and arguments!) that were had with you all going back 20 years or so.

My best wishes to you all, and keep her fondly in your thoughts; she was a very, very special woman.

Jo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I believe in life before death."

Imageil_fullxfull.121786581.jpg (25 Kb, 11 downloads)

Posts: 1232 | Location: New England | Mbr Since: 10-09-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aally
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
Oh Jo, no. I'm so sorry to read this. Diane was such a wonderful contributor here and just an all around great person. My condolences to you and your whole family. Frown   :(

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 36323 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post
Jo,

Diane (Cammie) never wrote anything here that wasn't worthwhile, intelligent and valued.

I liked and respected her very much.

We knew each other better on FB where we had some fun and games. She is half my friends list as a matter of fact.

I remember when she found you and shared that happiness.

What a family! What a mind! What a loss!

My very best, Linda

MAKE AMERICA DECENT AGAIN

Posts: 48512 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of Dixie Chick
posted Hide Post

MAKE AMERICA DECENT AGAIN

Posts: 48512 | Location: Frogville, Georgia USA | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
posted Hide Post

Diane (Cammie) will be truly missed here @ Aantares.

There's nothing more that I can add to what Lynn Dee and Georgia Brown have already expressed. So sorry for your loss, Jo. Sincerest condolences to Diane's family and friends. Frown   :(

Posts: 20537 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this.

Ego also predicted “Ego” would win.

Posts: 26410 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of BullDoug
posted Hide Post
Condolences to the family.

Yes, she will be missed here. I agree with Peachy's comments that her contributions were highly valued.

In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Posts: 30855 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gawd-like News VIP
Picture of TheOldMole
posted Hide Post
She was one of the best here...or anywhere.

Otis (Tad) Richards
TheOldMole
of the MoleNet

http://opusforty.blogspot.com/

" Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon."
-- Santayana

Posts: 41179 | Location: Upstate New York | Mbr Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. Diane was witty, informative, and a very loyal person. My condolences to all who were her friends and family.

Holy Bhagworm

Posts: 17038 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Gitana
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. She really was one of the sharpest knives in the drawer, and remained inquisitive and so young at heart; she was the most vital, young 'old' person I've ever known.

She was even playing World of Warcraft with us...she played an Elven mage and loved it. Smile   :)

She hated her pic taken, but I wanted to share one.

"I believe in life before death."

ImageMom1.jpg (59 Kb, 20 downloads)

Posts: 1232 | Location: New England | Mbr Since: 10-09-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aallegiant
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
Cammie was one of my favorites...and I'm guessing a favorite of a lot of other folks here too.

https://imgflip.com/i/21awxy

Posts: 43349 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
Picture of *CJ
posted Hide Post

Dearest Jo...

Late to the topic, but please accept my sincerest condolences on the passing of your Mom. As a Prodigy Special Contributor, BB Leader, Community Leader and finally the Communities Manager for Prodigy, my association w/ Diane goes waaaaaay back and there was never an interaction w/ her that wasn't proof she was all 'round special.

We will miss her... love and prayers to you and yours.

*CJ

Posts: 16467 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Mbr Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of Mister Hamas
posted Hide Post
I'm at a loss for words to describe this precious lady's awesomeness. Condolences to the family, Jo. I had a few occasions to speak on the phone with Diane over the years, and I know that the highlight of her life was reacquainting with you. Many of us here lived vicariously through that wonderful time.

She took the passing of her Marine boyfriend very hard a number of years ago, as she did our Jimmy Williams' (JKat). She had a heart a big as the sky! I'll miss greatly her wit, her intellect and her extraordinary research capabilities.

All of us here are with you in spirit, Jo. Please pass on our love and respect for her to the family.

"I will be so good at the military, your head will spin." -- Donald Dump

Posts: 15885 | Location: The Delta | Mbr Since: 11-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post