Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Sports    10-Year-Old Clark Kent Beats Michael Phelps’ Old Swimming Record
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

10-Year-Old Clark Kent Beats Michael Phelps’ Old Swimming Record
 Login/Register

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted
A 10-year-old swimmer with sky-high dreams and a name to match them has toppled a record previously held by Olympian Michael Phelps.

Clark Kent Apuada, whose friends call him “Superman,” swam the 100-meter butterfly in 1:09:38 at the Far Western Long Course Championship in his home state of California this Sunday.

That’s more than a second faster than the record Phelps set at the Far Western swimming championship in 1995 with a time of 1:10.48 in the same category of boys 10 and under. Phelps’ record in that meet hasn’t been touched for 23 years.

Clark, a rising fifth-grader who is Filipino-American, told HuffPost he’s been dreaming about breaking Phelps’ record ever since he started swimming competitively at age 7.

“I was so motivated,” Clark said about his win. “I was so happy and relieved that I was able to beat that record.”

Phelps competed in his first Olympics at age 15. He went on to become the most decorated Olympian in history, with 28 medals overall.

A representative for Pacific Swimming told HuffPost that Clark’s record-breaking achievement was announced at the meet.

“Everyone in the crowd was thrilled when they realized what a special swim they had just witnessed when we announced the long standing record had been broken,” Cindy Rowland, PacSwim’s administrative director, wrote in an email.

Clark won first place for all the swimming events he competed in at this year’s Far Western Championships, Rowland confirmed to HuffPost. Pacific Swimming or PacSwim, a regional association that is part of USA Swimming, organizes the Far Western Long Course Championship.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...d025e4b0de86f49bc7a4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trump proved at Helsinki that ORANGE IS THE NEW YELLOW

Posts: 46824 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post