Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Sports    Trevor Noah defends 'Africa won the World Cup' joke
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Trevor Noah defends 'Africa won the World Cup' joke
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
(CNN)South African comedian Trevor Noah has responded to criticism from a French diplomat over comments he made on his US comedy news show about the country's World Cup win.

After France lifted the trophy with a 4-2 victory over Croatia on Sunday afternoon, the Daily Show host congratulated Africa on winning the tournament.

"Yes. Yes. Africa won the World Cup! Africa won the World Cup!" Noah joked on the July 17 episode of the show.

"I get it. I get it. They have to say it's the French team, but look at those guys -- you don't get that tan by hanging out in the south of France," Noah said.

Many of the players in the French national team -- including stars Paul Pogba and Kylian Mbappé, who both scored in the final -- are of African heritage.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Politicians Aren’t Causing Anti-Muslim Hostility — Jihadists Are (Stacey Dash)

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 105132 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post