Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Sports    Russia beats Spain on penalties; own-goal count reaches 10
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Russia beats Spain on penalties; own-goal count reaches 10
 Login/Register

Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted
Russia have eliminated Spain from the World Cup in a 4-3 penalty shootout, the hosts winning their last‑16 tie after the sides were locked 1-1 after extra time at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.

An own goal from the Russia defender Sergei Ignashevich gave Spain an early lead. Artem Dzyuba then converted a penalty three minutes before the break to pull the tournament hosts level at half-time.

Their quarter-final opponents will be decided on Sunday night, when Croatia face Denmark in Nizhny Novgorod.

In a World Cup which already broke the record for own goals, Ignashevich made it 10 when the ball deflected off his heal and into his own net in the 12th minute while challenging Sergio Ramos at a free‑kick.

Russia pulled level towards the end of the first half when Dzyuba’s header hit Gerard Piqué’s arm at a corner. Dzyuba hit the spot‑kick hard to David de Gea’s right as the Spanish goalkeeper dived the wrong way.

With neither side able to break the deadlock they went into extra time level at 1-1 after 90 minutes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/spor...-shootout/ar-AAzqD3h

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 47327 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aadmirable
Picture of The Fox God
posted Hide Post
In other sports news, France won the World Cup, beating Croatia 4-2. England's Harry Kane won the Golden Boot with six goals, though 'Own Goal' scored more than anybody.

And Pussy Riot invaded the pitch in the second half.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donald Trump called Ted Cruz a liar.
Cruz called Trump a liar. I believe them both.

Posts: 47327 | Location: Metal Heaven | Mbr Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post