Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Sports    BAL, did you watch the Series tonight?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

BAL, did you watch the Series tonight?
 Login/Register

Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted
This guy Rich Hill pitched a helluva game for the Dodgers. The last person he faced in the 7th inning, he struck out. He had a 1 hit shut-out going. Why did the manager then take him out? It turned out to be an incredibly stupid decision. I can't make sense out of it.

HB

Posts: 22648 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
BAL will probably say he was stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 114961 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted Hide Post
Dylan Hernandez: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts' pitching change flops

quote:
LOS ANGELES - As Dave Roberts journeyed from the bench to the mound Saturday night, the fans in Dodger Stadium started to boo. The closer the manager moved to the mound, the louder the boos became.

The audience knew something Roberts didn't: He was making a mistake by removing Rich Hill from the game.

Then again, the Dodgers were ahead by four runs. What in the name of Jonathan Broxton could possibly go wrong?

Plenty, it turned out.

Hill's premature departure started a chain of events that resulted not only in the Dodgers blowing their hard-earned advantage, but allowing the Boston Red Sox to blow open the game in the ninth inning.

Defeated 9-6, the Dodgers trail the World Series three games to one. Another loss and their dreams of claiming their first championship in 30 years are over.

Link

Standing in the Way of Big Goverment is Not Standing in the Way of Progress

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 114961 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Zealot...
Picture of Holy Bhagworm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by True Conservative:
Dylan Hernandez: Dodgers manager Dave Roberts' pitching change flops

quote:
LOS ANGELES - As Dave Roberts journeyed from the bench to the mound Saturday night, the fans in Dodger Stadium started to boo. The closer the manager moved to the mound, the louder the boos became.

The audience knew something Roberts didn't: He was making a mistake by removing Rich Hill from the game.

Then again, the Dodgers were ahead by four runs. What in the name of Jonathan Broxton could possibly go wrong?

Plenty, it turned out.

Hill's premature departure started a chain of events that resulted not only in the Dodgers blowing their hard-earned advantage, but allowing the Boston Red Sox to blow open the game in the ninth inning.

Defeated 9-6, the Dodgers trail the World Series three games to one. Another loss and their dreams of claiming their first championship in 30 years are over.

Link

I don't care about these two teams, but I do watch baseball. The Dodgers manager made a huge mistake by taking out Rich Hill, who was pitching an amazing game...in the 7th inning, a 1 hit shut-out and the last guy he faced he struck out. I would fire the manager...he did a similar thing the night before...but the Dodgers pulled it out in the 18th. I was shocked and disgusted to hear that trump tweeted about this same thing after I mentioned it.

HB

Posts: 22648 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aavid
Picture of Born Again Liberal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holy Bhagworm:
This guy Rich Hill pitched a helluva game for the Dodgers. The last person he faced in the 7th inning, he struck out. He had a 1 hit shut-out going. Why did the manager then take him out? It turned out to be an incredibly stupid decision. I can't make sense out of it.

HB

I don’t understand why he took him out. He sure didn’t look tired to me. I’ve seen managers do that before. They very rarely keep pitchers in the game now days.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29778 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    Picture of Born Again Liberal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by True Conservative:
    BAL will probably say he was stupid.

No. You sure are.

“ Fox News has done yo our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 29778 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post