Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Sports    The Goodyear Blimp Chosen As Honorary Inductee Into The College Football Hall Of Fame
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Goodyear Blimp Chosen As Honorary Inductee Into The College Football Hall Of Fame
 Login/Register

AAA+
Picture of True Conservative
posted
quote:
The College Football Hall of Fame’s newest class includes an unusual member: the Goodyear Blimp.

The blimp will become the hall’s first non-human, named on Monday as an honorary inductee for its contribution to the way fans view the game.

“College players and fans know that when the Goodyear Blimp shows up, it’s a big game,” said Archie Manning, the National Football Foundation chairman. “Its presence is intrinsically known and tied to the traditions that make college football great.”

The blimp first hovered over a college game at the 1955 Rose Bowl when network executives wanted aerial coverage of the match-up between USC and Ohio State. Since then, it has participated in the broadcast of more than 2,000 games.

“For me, playing under the blimp felt like a payoff for the hard work that goes into game day,” said Kirk Herbstreit, the former Ohio State quarterback who is now a television analyst. “So I’m excited it’s getting recognized for its contributions.”

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Impeachment Is Sad For The Country When It's An Attempt To Overturn An Election

Ron Paul: Impeachment.....Or CIA Coup?

Proud To Be Defending President Trump

Posts: 115152 | Location: Sunny Florida | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post